List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
English is a sub-par ruck and a mediocre tall forward to date

We'd pay a premium to get him, i'm not sure he'd be worth it
Yep- he's a very hard pass for me at this stage. He isnt big or tough enough to lead the ruck and is only a second string forward at best. That screams secod ruck/forward to me. Hell, the Bulldogs don't even seem that sold on him.

Let's wait 3 season or so, when Darcy and Umarra Hagan mean they have surplus talls, then we can get him cheap if we want a second ruck forward.

If I was Sydney and enquiring about Brander, what draft pick range would I have to give up?

3rd round pick realistically.
Its one of the reasons us supporters are hoping he stays because he has a lot of upside, or is used in a swap for Petrovski-Seton.

The only thing with English is he's had bugger all good rucks to learn from (apart from Martin this year who's been injured half the time anyway) so he may improve working with Naitanui.

But the reality of it is he's probably just an outside mid who grew too tall and won't make it as a ruck or KPP.
Their coach was stephen king but.

3rd round pick realistically.
Its one of the reasons us supporters are hoping he stays because he has a lot of upside, or is used in a swap for Petrovski-Seton.
probably 30-50. We (supporters) would hope for the higher end of that scale but I'd think more likely it would be the lower end.

I'm guessing 67 wouldn't get it done then? Because that's all we have :$
I personally wouldn't want to give up 31 for a player that was essentially delisted.

Might not be possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally wouldn't want to give up 31 for a player that was essentially delisted.

Might not be possible.
Brander is not getting delisted . His manager is just playing silly buggers trying to get a bigger contract .

Brander basically saying ' I have offers elsewhere ' and we have called his bluff and said your welcome to test the market but what we have offered is the going rate

East Perth is no option at all. Sad to see Perth did that. Wasnt aware. I think Swan Districts have something similar? The Fremantle clubs are not a option. Subiaco is a no-go.

West Perth is a option given how broke they are but they have nutcases as fans who would protest the hell out of this.

Id like to hope and pray Nisbett isnt dumb enough to cut the WAFL team with no plan B but perhaps he has?
Yes. Yes we are nutcases in the dirty 6030.

Might not be possible.

I’d be reasonably happy with Brander and 49 for 31.

Might be difficult though if we’re looking at giving 49 to Carlton for SPS.

Not sure Sydney have/would have any interest in Brander in any event.

Sounds like he wants us to delist him so he can move where ever he wants .
He knows that a trade won't get done and his best chance at another club is a train on rookie .

I'd be on the phone to the Lions and asking them what their best offer is now.. Get a trade done now rather than waiting longer, especially if he doesn't want to play for us just wants to be with his brother. He would definitely have some currency.

I'd be on the phone to the Lions and asking them what their best offer is now.. Get a trade done now rather than waiting longer, especially if he doesn't want to play for us just wants to be with his brother. He would definitely have some currency.

Not really. He'd pretty much be a salary dump (that said, a guy who has been injured for ~2 years and has said he doesn't want to play *for you??* is probably worth getting rid of no matter what we get back just to get the salary off our books)

the *for you* added as that is what has been reported - but it is very unclear whether it is not wanting to play for the eagles, or not wanting to play at all!

I’d be reasonably happy with Brander and 49 for 31.

Might be difficult though if we’re looking at giving 49 to Carlton for SPS.

Not sure Sydney have/would have any interest in Brander in any event.

If, as is being suggested, Brander wants both more opportunity and a little more money then Sydney is not the play.

Collingwood/Sydney reported to be the 2 tightest on salary cap (even with all of our supposed issues).

If they traded for him now he’d have to sit on their senior list for 2022 which (a) would be a waste of a spot if he’s not planning to play footy next year and (b) they may not even have space to do that anyway.

Absolute best case scenario is they give us pick 88 for him and we get his salary off the books.

If, as is being suggested, Brander wants both more opportunity and a little more money then Sydney is not the play.

Collingwood/Sydney reported to be the 2 tightest on salary cap (even with all of our supposed issues).

They could earmark him as a potential Dawson replacement I guess, but yeah money might be an issue.

Not a huge amount of point talking about what a trade might look like if the only interest is coming from posters, not the club itself. Except that it’s offseason and not much is going on, so it’s largely just an academic exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back