List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:

Can still do it, the timing has just been changed a bit.
"They will, however, be able to shift players on the senior list to the rookie list in the time between the national and rookie drafts if the player is contracted for 2022."
But there is no point now it wont open a list spot up for us .
I suppose it would allow an extra rookie

I’m going to assume that Cameron doesn’t intend to play for us even if he does return to football at some stage. If that’s the case negotiate a payout, which under the circumstances should be minimal, and delist him.

Keeping him on the list, even as a rookie, in the hope we might get some value in a trade next year is fanciful. And he has zero trade value this year

Move him on and open up a list spot for a rookie to roll the dice on

Only way I’d retain him as a rookie is if he has indicated that he might change his mind but that appears doubtful

Shame because he had some good traits, however motivation doesn’t appear to be one of them. And the last thing we need next year is a player that isn’t 100% committed because we will need everyone pulling together to even have a chance at contending

Graham is sh*t,has never been good at any of his roles

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Thought Jaymie went okay when he was the forward coach - however he wasn't much chop as a backline coach which was where he coached last year. Goodness knows why they shifted the coaches around as Hickmott went alright as a backline coach but when shifted to the midfield was left wanting as well.

He also doesn't set a training standard either . The fact he held the club to ransom when shuey Kennedy yeo had all taken unders is just sh*t. Unfortunately he won't be held in the same regard as other club champions
Maybe there was a bit more to it during the latter part of the season when Yeo had a go at Guv during one of the games - may be a bit of resentment there by Yeo for Guv not giving an inch when others did. Sounds like Guv is one selfish SOB?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Jaymie went okay when he was the forward coach - however he wasn't much chop as a backline coach which was where he coached last year. Goodness knows why they shifted the coaches around as Hickmott went alright as a backline coach but when shifted to the midfield was left wanting as well.

We shuffled the coaches around at the end of 2019 which at the time was fair enough because doing so is good for each coach’s development and it helps get a fresh look at the different lines

Unfortunately the timing ended up sucking because covid hit and the time they and the players needed to adjust was lost and put us on the backfoot

I thought Jaymie did a gig at St Kilda after finishing his playing career before coming to us but stand to be corrected.

Coaching at St Kilda under Scott Watters isn’t a great entry on the CV.

I thought Jaymie did a gig at St Kilda after finishing his playing career before coming to us but stand to be corrected.

He was a development coach at St Kilda, not a line coach so not a great deal of responsibility

Do we really owe him $ if he is walking out on the club? Sheesh.

“I don’t want to be here but please continue to pay me, bye”
The way I see it is if he walks out on the Club surely that contract then becomes null and void. Now if the Club wants to get rid of Cameron and he has a contract then the Club has to pay him out. Surely Cameron can't have his cake and eat it too lol?

Not surprised about grief with Gov and Kelly's contracts. A number having their wages slashed, look left and see an overweight Gov with hip issues who prefers zoning off rather than defending. And Kelly who IMO did ok this year but with unfortunate injuries getting paid big $$$.

There is a lesson there for the club.
That's why when Simmo decided to bring back all the players at once after the bye without some doing a stint in the 2s first to get match fit (Guv and Kelly come to mind) I absolutely spewed - as we know how that turned out bringing back underdone players! Simmo and the MC deserved a rocket imo!

That's why when Simmo decided to bring back all the players at once after the bye without some doing a stint in the 2s first to get match fit (Guv and Kelly come to mind) I absolutely spewed - as we know how that turned out bringing back underdone players! Simmo and the MC deserved a rocket imo!

Kelly missed two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back