List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
The Fox Footy crew mentioned the Barrass thing again when they did our draft review is he out of contract next season? He's a good player Barrass most of the time but sometimes his head isn't right and we concede easy goals because of him. I don't really see him leaving anyway.

The Fox Footy crew mentioned the Barrass thing again when they did our draft review is he out of contract next season? He's a good player Barrass most of the time but sometimes his head isn't right and we concede easy goals because of him. I don't really see him leaving anyway.
They are Vic propagandists who don’t actually know anything about our team.

Not sure about salary cap but can we sign Ben Simmons (Phiily 76ers) on as a CAT B rookie. At 211cm he'd be a good backup for NicNat

His credits in the bank are shrinking rapidly by the hours ........... that might be a Red Flag for Simpson.

Not sure about salary cap but can we sign Ben Simmons (Phiily 76ers) on as a CAT B rookie. At 211cm he'd be a good backup for NicNat
Cat B is outside the salary cap (but possibly in the soft cap).

The issue might be his $40m or so salary. Put's Mutimer's over inflated contract in perspective

Also he's a massive bombers fan.... if the coffin needed a final nail!

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure if anyone’s suggested this trade but I wouldn’t be against us doing something like this with Brisbane.

Going off this years ladder positions.

We Give: Future First (10), 29

We Get: 14 & 18

Works out points wise that Brisbane get a surplus of pick 67. They desperately needs points next year to match Fletcher & Ashcroft. They already have a pretty stacked list so trading out of this years first round to help them out in grabbing 2 highly rated kids next year isn’t going to really set them back & they would still be getting 29/35 back from us which is a decent pick this year.

For us I think we would be backing ourselves that we won’t slide next year. There’s some great talent around from the 10 -25 mark this year and I feel like with a good haul we can really rejuvenate the list.

We would go to the draft with 10,14,18,35

10 - Johnson (Class)
14 - JVR (KPP)
18 - Sinn (Run of HBF)
35 - Sheldrick (Inside Bull) or Dittmarr/Tunstill

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone’s suggested this trade but I wouldn’t be against us doing something like this with Brisbane.

Going off this years ladder positions.

We Give: Future First (10), 29

We Get: 14 & 18

Works out points wise that Brisbane get a surplus of pick 67. They desperately needs points next year to match Fletcher & Ashcroft. They already have a pretty stacked list so trading out of this years first round to help them out in grabbing 2 highly rated kids next year isn’t going to really set them back & they would still be getting 29/35 back from us which is a decent pick this year.

For us I think we would be backing ourselves that we won’t slide next year. There’s some great talent around from the 10 -25 mark this year and I feel like with a good haul we can really rejuvenate the list.

We would go to the draft with 10,14,18,35

10 - Johnson (Class)
14 - JVR (KPP)
18 - Sinn (Run of HBF)
35 - Sheldrick (Inside Bull) or Dittmarr/Tunstill

Sheldrick scored a double-page spread in this morning's West. I reckon it will spoil our chances of grabbing him with our second pick. Unless we trade for an earlier pic. I can hear Dark Shark crying uncontrollably

We really dont help ourselves do we.

Over East they run with player out injured, doesnt want to move interstate, go home risk etc.

Its all click bait bs anyway.

We really dont help ourselves do we.

Over East they run with player out injured, doesnt want to move interstate, go home risk etc.

Its all click bait bs anyway.
I'm hoping recruiters don't look the the newspaper to make drafting decisions tbh.

Sheldrick scored a double-page spread in this morning's West. I reckon it will spoil our chances of grabbing him with our second pick. Unless we trade for an earlier pic. I can hear Dark Shark crying uncontrollably
Lets hope the east coast clubs dont read the west

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Means we don’t want him. Every year we seem to leak a false player to the west who we seem to bypass.

He’s not going anyway if he did leave our defence if done! Top 3 most important players now

Just on Alex Condon in your spreadsheet here, Adam Jones was on Sportsday WA the other night and said that he was 208cm.

An “absolute monster” he reckons. Karl Langdon was flummoxed that a 16/17 year old could already be that height. Max Gawn areas at around 6’10” in the old scale.
Condon sounds too big for our little Willie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back