List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
Anything to help the masses of which it appeared a large majority appeared to be lemmings off a cliff Wed night

Kept a few of us amused I'm sure.

Was there ever thought to getting Bailey Rodgers as well? Our hit rate with those on the rookie draft is not great (as is probably the case will all), but here is someone who could very well play at the next level; pretty handy depth perhaps?

As for Clark, heard him on Sports Talk, I'm an instant fan. This is the guy you want to put in front of the cameras.

So for anyone in the know, are we targeting a backup ruck in the SSP period?

Any non generic, non committal answers accepted ;)
FFGqHlCUYAEsfCr

Yep, an that is the elephant in the room.

IMO its about 4 or 5 things that have contributed to our defensive demise:

1. Forward 50 pressure - nowhere near 2018 (Willie and playing smaller forwards would help)
  2. Lack midfield leg speed to close down opposition attacks
  3. Because we lack leg speed we corral more often than committing to tackle.
  4. Teams have worked that out our weakness and and our strengths and exploit them, no more bombing long to Gov and Barrass.
  5. We are far to predictable defending and bringing the ball out of defense.
  6. Player availability a factor but all teams lose players
  7. Standing the mark rule

Once one or two defensive dominos fall the rest tumble.
And Jetta’s superb kicking

Chessar looks like he will fill out nicely into one of the powerful type like a Yeo or Shuey
Yep his highlights and history all good too. Main problem is that we just haven’t seen much of him and most were hoping to get either Erasmus or Johnson. It’s got every chance of being the right pick as that pace will be handy.

Are you okay? you've lost your head
Lost my head ?

For pointing out all the * ups our club has made lately.

It has been very concerning givin how well run the club usually is .

What about nisbett coming out and basically saying we don't want brander ?
Ruined any chance of us getting anything for him .

Last edited:
Chesser with no football this year essentially is more physically developed regardless owing to an entire year in the gym and training without competition. He is far more solid than MJ. 200m sprinting physiology dictates that. MJ is quick though, sun 3s 20m is impressive.

although athletics doesn’t translate to being a good footballer, a footballer with athletic prowess will beat one without it every time. CC is a footballer. Again I’m not saying one is better, but CC has some serious potentially elite qualities

masten had the brain and heart of a chicken, and was 179 cm
Masten could find the ball he naturally accumulated possessions .

I'm not concerned about chesser physically or even if he will become an inside mid .

My concern is we have drafted another athlete who can't find the ball . Averaging 16 possessions isn't very good for a midfielder

Masten could find the ball he naturally accumulated possessions .

I'm not concerned about chesser physically or even if he will become an inside mid .

My concern is we have drafted another athlete who can't find the ball . Averaging 16 possessions isn't very good for a midfielder
we drafted a footballer. VC Vic country - that football heatland. That he is a very good sprinter is a weapon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did you change your name Spaceclef...too much off a flog..no likes?
Lost my head ?

For pointing out all the fu** ups our club has made lately.

It has been very concerning givin how well run the club usually is .

What about nisbett coming out and basically saying we don't want brander ?
Ruined any chance of us getting anything for him .
+ BOND 007 our inside info draft gai apparently has no idea of our intentions of train ons, can we add that one?

+ BOND 007 our inside info draft gai apparently has no idea of our intentions of train ons, can we add that one?

You've got a serious bone for this, ay.

Last year train on players (all clubs) were announced on 19 December (10 days after the rookie draft and after teams had broken for the Xmas break, although that was an anomaly).

Late this week seems a more reasonable timeframe to ask that question.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've said this before. But can this forum have a christmas break or something. Posters need a recharge before entering into the new season. It's not healthy to be on here 24/7. Go be with your family or start a family and come back at the start of the year.

First to four year posters: Return 22/12/21
Seniors (5 years +): Return 6/1/22
If people are so busy on BigFooty that they don't have time to start a family without enforced time off then that is evolution/natural-selection at its finest!

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

we drafted a footballer. VC Vic country - that football heatland. That he is a very good sprinter is a weapon.
That's not the point I'm making did you even read the post ? If he can't find enough of the ball whats the point in having all these supposed weapons .

Venables was very damaging. When ever he got the ball something good happened.

Venables never got enough to be considered a midfielder.

I hope chesser is different but the stats aren't supporting that at this time

Looking forward to next year and list turnover is going to be tight. Not a lot of list cloggers like this year to get rid off.

Kennedy & Hurn will likely retire. Shuey, Nic Nat & Redden are a chance of retiring & the rest are kids or good depth. Could end up being all our list changes come from retirements.

• Luke Shuey (2/6/90) - Retire. Injuries get him
  • Tom Cole (28/5/97) - Good depth. Another contract
  • Tom Barrass (8/10/95) - Best 22. Another contract
  • Willie Rioli (4/6/95) - If he's good not going anywhere. 50/50
  • Nic Naitanui (4/5/90) - Reckon he will sign a 1 year contract
  • Bailey Williams (17/4/00) - Unless he asks for a trade he gets another contract. Nic Nat near the end ruckmen are always a slow burn most of the time
  • Harry Edwards (1/10/00) - Gun. Another contract
  • Alex Witherden (10/9/98) - Hopefully has a good run at it this year. Another Contract
  • Luke Edwards (12/1/02) - Liked what I saw this year. Another Contract
  • Isiah Winder (16/05/02) - Very Exciting. Hopefully a way better version of Karpany. Another contract
  • Jackson Nelson (15/3/96) - Good depth & I have hope that with a new game plan we encourage him to use his pace, dash and his kicking skills. Think he could really go well & become best 22. Keep
  • Callum Jamieson (31/7/00) - Was always going to be a long term prospect & with Nic Nat near the end unless something crazy happens he get another contract
  • (R) Zane Trew (26/4/02) - Talented and a type of player we need. Think a stronger eagles WAFL team with more experience will really do him wonders aswell as the addition of Knights and Schofield. If it is true that he's a bit of a sook then Schofield will sort him out real quick. Keep on rookie list.
  • Jack Redden (9/12/90) - Year by Year contracts now. He's still a good player and think he's one player who always looks like he's having a crack. No reason he won't get another year.
  • (R) Jamaine Jones (29/9/98) - Clearly a talented players. Good tackler & a crafty player. Just needs a good run from the injury gods. Keep
  • (R) Connor West (7/5/99) - It will be good to see what he offers after a full preseason & is played in the actual midfield at AFL level. I liked what I saw but the circumstances made it hard to judge him. 50/50
  • Shannon Hurn (4/9/87) – Retire Sadly
  • Josh Kennedy (25/8/87) - Retire Sadly

Looking forward to next year and list turnover is going to be tight. Not a lot of list cloggers like this year to get rid off.

Kennedy & Hurn will likely retire. Shuey, Nic Nat & Redden are a chance of retiring & the rest are kids or good depth. Could end up being all our list changes come from retirements.

• Luke Shuey (2/6/90) - Retire. Injuries get him
  • Tom Cole (28/5/97) - Good depth. Another contract
  • Tom Barrass (8/10/95) - Best 22. Another contract
  • Willie Rioli (4/6/95) - If he's good not going anywhere. 50/50
  • Nic Naitanui (4/5/90) - Reckon he will sign a 1 year contract
  • Bailey Williams (17/4/00) - Unless he asks for a trade he gets another con:(:(tract. Nic Nat near the end ruckmen are always a slow burn most of the time
  • Harry Edwards (1/10/00) - Gun. Another contract
  • Alex Witherden (10/9/98) - Hopefully has a good run at it this year. Another Contract
  • Luke Edwards (12/1/02) - Liked what I saw this year. Another Contract
  • Isiah Winder (16/05/02) - Very Exciting. Hopefully a way better version of Karpany. Another contract
  • Jackson Nelson (15/3/96) - Good depth & I have hope that with a new game plan we encourage him to use his pace, dash and his kicking skills. Think he could really go well & become best 22. Keep
  • Callum Jamieson (31/7/00) - Was always going to be a long term prospect & with Nic Nat near the end unless something crazy happens he get another contract
  • (R) Zane Trew (26/4/02) - Talented and a type of player we need. Think a stronger eagles WAFL team with more experience will really do him wonders aswell as the addition of Knights and Schofield. If it is true that he's a bit of a sook then Schofield will sort him out real quick. Keep on rookie list.
  • Jack Redden (9/12/90) - Year by Year contracts now. He's still a good player and think he's one player who always looks like he's having a crack. No reason he won't get another year.
  • (R) Jamaine Jones (29/9/98) - Clearly a talented players. Good tackler & a crafty player. Just needs a good run from the injury gods. Keep
  • (R) Connor West (7/5/99) - It will be good to see what he offers after a full preseason & is played in the actual midfield at AFL level. I liked what I saw but the circumstances made it hard to judge him.
  • Shannon Hurn (4/9/87) – Retire Sadly
  • Josh Kennedy (25/8/87) - Retire Sadly

Sheppard sadly

Redden and Nelson let go as fa.

Sheppard sadly

Redden and Nelson let go as fa.

Ah yes Shep, technically he would still be on the list :-(

I really hope Nelson has a good year & we start using his strengths better. Change of game plan might help him go up a level.

Good problem to have really. We have plenty of kids on the list they just need the right development. Enter Knights & Schofield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back