List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
Speak of the devil...

I'd imagine they've seen enough of him in the WAFL to make a determination on whether he'd be any good. Including in head to head match ups against the Beagles.

Obviously not.

Well well Looks like they are taking this SPP serious for once.

2 spots : 1 ruck and whoever is the best Mid during the pre-season.

Doesn’t sound like Strnadica has any competition for the first spot.

Does feel like we got the mix right this year on our train on guys, if one shows enough talent then awesome. If two show they deserve a spot then party time.

Its great to still have spots open so we can look at a group of players and they have the opportunity to impress.

Smart move passing in the rookie draft.

I wonder if he did any testing at the combine's this year.

Apparently had a 3.33s 20m time last year (for comparison Priddis did a 3.4s 20m which was considered very poor).

Do you think he plays with more speed/acceleration/power than the testing suggests? Or is he so much an inside bull that it doesn't really show either way?

Priddis actually had a test at 3.15 just before being drafted. His biggest problem was his very low top speed as well.

I reckon we'll go with Strnadica and Logan Young if the reports are true about them.

Strnadica because we need proper backup for Nic Nat and Young because he seems to have more uptick than Dittmar and Browne imo.

I'd imagine they've seen enough of him in the WAFL to make a determination on whether he'd be any good. Including in head to head match ups against the Beagles.

Nic one on one hasn't happened and so how he faired against a real AFL ruck would be good to know. And who better to take the audition but Nic.

Also if he was showing more than B Williams during preseason well you grab Strnadica and Bailey joins the ruck merry go round next year.

He's obviously got talent and has improved heaps in the past year to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we'll go with Strnadica and Logan Young if the reports are true about them.

Strnadica because we need proper backup for Nic Nat and Young because he seems to have more uptick than Dittmar and Browne imo.
Worries me that Young's 20m sprint time was nearly as bad as Priddis. I understand the idea of consideration of Stranadica as he is still reasonably young and seems to have improved but at some stage we have to throw B Williams and Jamieson into the ruck or accept they are different players. There are many players who missed out on the draft who could be tried. I could be wrong, bit I thought NGA academy players not picked in the draft could be signed up by the club. That means Ethan Regan and Lawson Humphries could be cat B rookies?

K.Ditty vs Young
Please compare the pair those in the know.

I actually thought it was Ditty who'd have more upside. I am a sucker for a sweet fend off though

The good thing is that we as plebs need not worry about who gets the nod, as thats what the Coaches are paid to do.

What is extremely pleasing ,IMO, is that we have one ( possibly two depending on Shep ) spots available and we are being thorough and getting prospective, "add ons", into the system, all be it briefly and then being able to do a final and comparative assessments, to determine " who " talent wise and positionally get the spot/s up for grabs.

This off season we appear to being doing things a bit smarter. :thumbsu:

There are many players who missed out on the draft who could be tried. I could be wrong, bit I thought NGA academy players not picked in the draft could be signed up by the club. That means Ethan Regan and Lawson Humphries could be cat B rookies?
Humphries didn't nominate for the draft. I guess we could nominate him as an NGA next year. Regan and Farmer did though.

Ditty is the one I would be most interested in seeing get picked up. Young ticks the same contested/tackle boxes, but Ditty's Honey Badger inspired hairdo is tipping the scales
Its the nickname potential that tips him over the edge for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back