List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2022 superstar edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players -

Let me clarify the general jist of what everyone is saying:

Some people: Simmo is now a s**t coach, get rid of him
Other people: Simmo failed to change in a flag window and should have been sacked in 2020
Some other people: Sack him now and start the rebuild
Some other people: I don't think he's the guy to rebuild but happy for him not to be sacked yet because we want the draft picks.

Nearly everyone thinks a variation of the above sentiments. Avery small percentage of people think he shouldn't be sacked.

Here's what the Simmo fan bois can't get their heads around:

Inability to lay a tackle since 2018, skin folds, lack of heart

He will be sacked. His position is untenable. It will be either this year (i have that a 75% chance) or next. He will not see a new contract.

Naish. Lol. He's s**t.

You're whole post sound like you're a head in the sand fanboi.
You don't speak for everyone on here.
I'm prepared to back Simmo in.

I realise things have to change both on and off the field.
Because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I'm a fan boi.

You don't speak for everyone on here.
I'm prepared to back Simmo in.

I realise things have to change both on and off the field.
Because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I'm a fan boi.
Ok Presh.

I just presented a range of popular opinions, some I don't share. I'm not calling them fanbois.

I am however calling people fanbois who think;

1. Even though Simmo has had 4 seasons of chances, he deserves more
2. We can just recruit a few good players and we're competitive again as early as next year
3. No one must criticise the football I support. Ever. Otherwise I will have a giant tanty.

Those people who think all will be good next year with a few tweaks are simply delusional. This generally comes about because these people think they are entitled to go to the football week in week out, year after year and watch their team play good football. It just doesn't work like that. To win flags you have to have good players. To get good players you need to have high draft picks.

Most us are going through or completed acceptance stage. The next stage is to follow individual players, like Judd, Kerr, Shuey previously. I don't know what planet you are on?

Sweet Jesus 🤦

How Dare You GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

YARN | We do not speak his name. | Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone  (2001) | Video gifs by quotes | 6bbda173 | 紗

2. We can just recruit a few good players and we're competitive again as early as next year

Those people who think all will be good next year with a few tweaks are simply delusional.

Who has said anything like that?

SGIO back to bank an "I told you so" with his MSD calls or disappear for 6 months if wrong like he did after McGovern didn't go in for life-threatening hip surgery.

For all those that are hell bent on sacking Simpson because he didn’t provide us a dynasty need to calm the farm. 2018 was a magical year and I would give up a 5 year rebuild for that any day
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
My problem isn't Simpson its Simpson's massive pay packet .

Our coaching staff are under a salary cap .

It would be much better to have a new coach and 3 x development coaches for the same price as Simpson under the soft cap .

No idea about how his large extended contract would be absorbed but its a millstone around our neck in a rebuild .

Premiership coach wages for a wooden spoon team 🤮

Quick fixes won't work. Warner is not an A+ grader. We need an A+ grader (or 2).
Warner isn't going anywhere . Starting onballer in an up and coming team .

Sydney also drafted his brother which is a smart bit of business.

Targeting established expensive players is not what we should be doing .

Hit the top end of the draft and try poach out of contract young guys not getting a game from other teams with later picks .

Roberton, bruhn , sharpe , garcia .

Hit the top end of the draft and try poach out of contract young guys not getting a game from other teams with later picks .

Money Ball!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#1 Preseason draft pick is the weapon to get Luke Jackson for free if he is not going to re-sign with Melbourne.

Ok Presh.

I just presented a range of popular opinions, some I don't share. I'm not calling them fanbois.

1. Even though Simmo has had 4 seasons of chances, he deserves more
3. No one must criticise the football I support. Ever. Otherwise I will have a giant tanty.

Those people who think all will be good next year with a few tweaks are simply delusional. This generally comes about because these people think they are entitled to go to the football week in week out, year after year and watch their team play good football. It just doesn't work like that. To win flags you have to have good players. To get good players you need to have high draft picks.

Most us are going through or completed acceptance stage. The next stage is to follow individual players, like Judd, Kerr, Shuey previously. I don't know what planet you are on?

Simpsons objective should now be the same as D Noble, build and develop. Nothing more.

At the end of his contract, shake hands and wish him the best. He brought a premiership so no hard feelings.

No need to pay a severance allowance early and we are not sky rocketing up the ladder anytime soon. Unless North Melbourne come for him then our plans for a new coach will be brought forward.

10 years is a long time, and it is probably right to have a fresh start come 2024.

Sweet Jesus 🤦

I missed this guy, lol bloke was funny unless he was replying to you. Such a w***er!

Yep, my concerns were pretty much around Cole being able to play tall like shep could given he's 3cm shorter which I don't recall having seen him do yet.

No concerns around his ability to guard small forwards outside of the frees he gives away from being overeager and running flat nut at someone on the ground only to get the high.
Cole is taller but he is kinda like Rotham in that he plays shorter than he is. Nelson is the same. We need a couple of our mid size defenders being able to player taller than they’re and currently have bon. It’s funny cause at one point we had Yeo, Shep and Hurn doing that for us in the day

Agreed. Tanner Bruhn is the one I think we should be going after.

Hasn’t signed an extension yet and is OoC this year (from last check).
Can’t get a game consistently in that strong (obvs on paper) GWS team and when he does, plays a lot in that graveyard HFF role.
He’s like what, 8th or 9th in line for consistent midfield time.

Now I have no idea if he’s about to resign or not or even if he’s remotely on our radar but I’ll be going to him… back yourself to beat out the likes of West, Clark, Xon, etc as that’s it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back