List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2022 superstar edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players -

2022 Trade Targets. Should be able to nab at a reasonably small price.

Bailey Williams (WB) - The Bulldogs never let this guy settle into position, he'd be a bloody strong HB.

James Worpel - Has midfield weapons that we currently lack. Aggression, pace, linebreaker. The Hawks are doing an Essendon/Parish and trying to make him a HF. Chuck him in the guts and watch him fire.

Dev Robertson - May be the most expensive to nab but would provide immediate inside ball winning ability.

All player provide an immediate improvement on current.

Compliment with Pick 1, 19, 27 and 38 (or whatever they end up after sliding).

The side is off to a great start.

Don't mind the list, but I've never heard pace and linebreaker used to describe James Worpel

I work with a gent who is well connected within the South Freo club hierarchy. He reckons Jake Florenca is locked in to west coast in mid season draft, some sort of handshake or verbal agreement has been done…pending a list spot becoming available.

Take it with a grain of salt and all that…

Please be true

In Vic there is growing outrage at how poor Nth is. There's no sympathy, just genuine anger. There is anger at the senior players they traded away a few years back, the early draft picks not coming on, the complete lack of KPP, etc etc.
If this starts reverberating internally, I can genuinely see their onfield performances getting even worse as players lose faith in the big plan.

My money is on Nth beating us to the #1 draft pick. At some stage our team will have a blinder and lose by a respectable margin, meanwhile Norf's percentage will continue getting hammered.
😂😂😂

😢

Players can nominate for a 6 month or 18 month contract on rookie wages.

They can no longer nominate the terms (wage) of the deal.

That’s another reason why someone like Culley might not nominate. Why agree to go somewhere on rookie wages when you could wait a few months and potentially get paid as a first or second rounder?

That’s another reason why someone like Culley might not nominate. Why agree to go somewhere on rookie wages when you could wait a few months and potentially get paid as a first or second rounder?

Because it's six months playing AFL and earning money that you wouldn't be getting playing in the TAC. A club may make the offer of a 6 month contract with a promise to renew on the contract more along the lines of a 1st or 2nd round 2 year deal after that.

Nominate for a six month contract on a rookie deal worth $50k, then re-sign on a higher deal.

First round picks get $120k first year, and pick 1 gets a $10k bonus. Picks 2 to 5 get a $5k bonus.

Second round picks on $110k first year.

Rookie contracts (for end of season draftees) are $90k.

Not sure where the downside is for the kid no nominating (other than going to the Eagles).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched first half of the Colgate young guns game, fck me Jai Culley is a beast!
If we don't take him in the mid season draft, storm Lathlain.
Kicked 4.1 from the midfield in a half, not resting fwd from the midfield. Goals from 55m out that went over the back fence.
Tackles hard and fierce in the contest.
His kicking over 15 to 20 isn't great, but that's because he has a laser cannon and once he gets to use it hits targets lace out over 35m plus. Short kicks don't suit him.
Took a ball in the centre circle and hit the leading fwd lace out at the top of the goal square. This guy's long kicking is a standout.
I don't remember him being being this good last season.

He moves well too for his size and good overhead. We simply have to open a spot on our list for mid-season draft and get this guy in.
Rarely rate a guy after a half, but he's exactly what we need and his nab league form backs it up.
Options to taking a a pick:-

1. Joyce to the long term injury list - lets face it that is where he has been for 4 years.
2. Get JK to retire - a selfless act to give us a pick and to make sure we make room for young KPF's plus make sure we hold on to a top 2 pick
3. Get Hurn to retire - he is doing some good things but the slow deliberate build up out of defence epitomises Hurn.
4. Execute one of the Shameful Leederville 7. Is it ring leader Nelson, or flappy hands Rotham or ....

We would be needing an active List Manager - unfortunately we have the Pieman or should I say Trev has the job for him for as long as he wants it

Options to taking a a pick:-

1. Joyce to the long term injury list - lets face it that is where he has been for 4 years.
2. Get JK to retire - a selfless act to give us a pick and to make sure we make room for young KPF's plus make sure we hold on to a top 2 pick
3. Get Hurn to retire - he is doing some good things but the slow deliberate build up out of defence epitomises Hurn.
4. Execute one of the Shameful Leederville 7. Is it ring leader Nelson, or flappy hands Rotham or ....

We would be needing an active List Manager - unfortunately we have the Pieman or should I say Trev has the job for him for as long as he wants it
I suspect it'll be options one and two, we'll take two.

Joyce as to go to LTI...Surely?
JK is a freaking god and such a great team man. I think he'll pull up stumps.

Personally, I wouldn't care if Nelson was cut too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back