List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Cameron to Geelong - how?

GWS can roll over and accept at best end of first round compensation pick. That would be pick 9 as it stands. Hardly enough in my mind.

Alternatively, GWS make Geelong cough up their first 2 picks being pick 11 (the Suns compo pick) and pick 13 (the West Coast R1 pick). There might be grounds for asking for the Geelong first rounder as well.

Alternatively, West Coast unwind the mistake of failing to draft a suitable midfielder in 2017 and go as follows:

GWS - lose Cameron and gain Brander and Pick 11
Geelong - lose pick 11 and Clark Narkle and gain Cameron and pick 32
West Coast - lose Brander and pick 32 and gain Clark and Narkle

haha pretty close to what I Just suggested about 2 hours ago!
I see this as a win/ win for all clubs

tenor.gif

No to pick 32 give them back their third rounder or a future 3rd.

The Dick Eaters already got one, second rounder, too many in the Kelly trade.
Exactly. Why are we giving Brander and 32 for Clark? Narkle will be delisted (and let's be honest, Clark will probably want more soon than they can afford. We are basically doing them a favour).

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You reckon? TK was the highest trade cost so far. Cameron should in theory be more but I'm not sure it will turn out like that.

Given what GWS will be losing this trade period, coupled with their performance on field, they’ll be wanting to extract every once of trade value that they can get out of their players. They’ll likely match Cameron along with Williamson IMO.

Cameron isn't contracted. He's a RFA.

Yea, but they can match, in which case, it’s effectively the same as being contracted.

Yea, but they can match, in which case, it’s effectively the same as being contracted.
Not quite, if they match it’s effectively the same as being an out of contract player who doesn’t qualify for free agency (like Kelly last year).

If he was contracted they could refuse to let him leave at all (like Kelly the previous year).

Exactly. Why are we giving Brander and 32 for Clark? Narkle will be delisted (and let's be honest, Clark will probably want more soon than they can afford. We are basically doing them a favour).

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

agreed I wouldn’t be giving up a second rounder for a midfielder who has been in the system 4 years and averaged under 12touches a game.
Minimum 3rd rounder.

Last edited:
Not quite, if they match it’s effectively the same as being an out of contract player who doesn’t qualify for free agency (like Kelly last year).

If he was contracted they could refuse to let him leave at all (like Kelly the previous year).

I guess that means there’s the potential then for him to be picked up in the preseason draft, and he’d definitely attract more attention than Jack Martin.

J. Cameron just strikes me as the kind of guy who likes everything his own way.

Might not be the greatest fit at Geelong with Dangerfield ruling the roost and Tommy Hawkins sure to go around another time or two.
He seems to spit the bathwater when he doesn't get it on a platter. Doesn't seem to be a real team player and the folk down at Geelong breed culture.

J. Cameron just strikes me as the kind of guy who likes everything his own way.

Might not be the greatest fit at Geelong with Dangerfield ruling the roost and Tommy Hawkins sure to go around another time or two.

If Hawkins puts in another season like this and Cameron gets anywhere near his best next season they'll have the best twin towers since Lockett + Loewe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Traloar saying if Collingwood shove him out because his contract spikes in 2021 he would reluctantly go but only to a Melbourne based team .

This sounds like daisy Thomas all over again and I could see Carlton being keen .
That bloke is kidding himself. Collingwood know him better than he knows himself. He will be homesick and pin8ng aft
Because we traded a mountain of picks whose collective value was far greater than the value of Kelly.

This absence of picks will impact our side for the next 10+ years inhibiting our ability to win games and premierships over that period.

We currently have an aging list, that seriously lacks depth, and the majority of our best players are 28 or over who require replacement in the next 1-3 years. This means the picks we traded would have been particularly valuable to us.

Because due to the aforementioned aging list, which lacks depth we are unlikely to win a premiership within the next few years (while tK is still active). It is more likely our strong players continue to drop off with next year probably being our last shot before we become mid table.

Meanwhile the side we traded with is looking at potentially winning the premiership this year, and will have one of the best draft hands, setting them up for a continuous run of success.

Is that enough reasons to look at this trade as potentially being our worst?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If Hawkins puts in another season like this and Cameron gets anywhere near his best next season they'll have the best twin towers since Lockett + Loewe.
It doesn't work that way though, one will be the main man and the other will be second fiddle. Look at JD and JK, both have lead the forward line and are all australians, but when playing together, one will often dominate while the other does team stuff.

Hes worth less,didnt have a great year

I’m sure that’s what Wells will be saying. But the reality is he’s a 27 year old former Coleman Medalist whos averaged 2.5 goals a game (the same as Kennedy) and led his club in scoring for all nine years of his career. Who didn’t have a great year.

I don't see why GWS wouldn't match tbh.

Geelong are reportedly offering very similar numbers to the Giants. They could genuinely afford to match it.

Maybe like most clubs they don't match because if the player wants to leave no point making him stay ...unless Geelong are desperate and will trade for Cameron .
Tricky situation !!

Got no issue with FA in theory but I am a believer that the club he is leaving should be compensated at his worth.
Cameron would be worth a top 5-10 pick. In Dangerfields case it would be pick 1 in the draft for example.
So this means the player can go to his destination club but that club has to find a way to compensate the club he is leaving.

Maybe like most clubs they don't match because if the player wants to leave no point making him stay ...unless Geelong are desperate and will trade for Cameron .
Tricky situation !!
They've spent two years trying to get him, they will trade for him if the Giants match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back