List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious? That deflected off the Brisbane ruckman .
Why did he handball to the ruckman then? If Shuey truly was behind him, why not try and evade the tackle to get into a better position to hands off. It’s just the first thing I found this arvo skimming through the game on fast forward. Plenty of other examples this year and in the past.

He’s not on his lonesome, lots of our our players are equally bad by hand, I just used Sheed in my original comment because conversely he’s a very good kick when given time and space.

I would rather our mids be a weak kick but be able to manage that ^ clearance situation without it resulting in a 50/50. It’s the reason we keep resorting to the hack kick forward as soon as there’s the slightest bit of pressure on them.

Why did he handball to the ruckman then? If Shuey truly was behind him, why not try and evade the tackle to get into a better position to hands off. It’s just the first thing I found this arvo skimming through the game on fast forward. Plenty of other examples this year and in the past.

He’s not on his lonesome, lots of our our players are equally bad by hand, I just used Sheed in my original comment because conversely he’s a very good kick when given time and space.

I would rather our mids be a weak kick but be able to manage that ^ clearance situation without it resulting in a 50/50. It’s the reason we keep resorting to the hack kick forward as soon as there’s the slightest bit of pressure on them.
I feel our biggest problem with the centre bounce are

1- wingers coming in to support off the square . Gaff and brander Don't charge in and make a contest .

2 -big bodied mid ? None of shuey or Kelly are the in and under type . Yeo wants to be 2nd to the ball. Natanui only their 60% of the time . Leaves sheed and redden who are not getting many minutes on ball .

3 . If the tap doesn't go where we predict they just waltz it out . We set up as win or bust. Under Mitchell it was draw first to get another ball up and bonus was a win but we protected against a loss .

One of my biggest gripes with Sheed is how he just stands and plants his feet with his arms open for a chest mark. Costs use every few games, often quite badly if its near goal.

Not a midfielder issue but geez its frustrating. Its auskick level really.

He's a good foot soldier but does too many things like that poorly (ie, basic errors) to ever be much more.

1- wingers coming in to support off the square . Gaff and brander Don't charge in and make a contest .

2 -big bodied mid ? None of shuey or Kelly are the in and under type . Yeo wants to be 2nd to the ball. Natanui only their 60% of the time . Leaves sheed and redden who are not getting many minutes on ball .

3 . If the tap doesn't go where we predict they just waltz it out . We set up as win or bust. Under Mitchell it was draw first to get another ball up and bonus was a win but we protected against a loss .
Yeah we look so passive at stoppage setups, just waiting for NN to silver spoon it

One of my biggest gripes with Sheed is how he just stands and plants his feet with his arms open for a chest mark. Costs use every few games, often quite badly if its near goal.

Not a midfielder issue but geez its frustrating. Its auskick level really.

He's a good foot soldier but does too many things like that poorly (ie, basic errors) to ever be much more.
Needs more pressure on him to perform optimally like in 2018. Such a s**t year to have no WAFL

That's a big one and one that Simmo talked about as far back as the Essendon game in the Marsh series.

He talked about the mids treating Nic like a new toy and the when the taps came off it looks great, but when they don't we are left exposed the other way. Simmo raised the issue and questioned at the time "how do we look after that".

Late Eagles great Chris Mainwaring’s son Zac debuts for Claremont colts in dad’s famous number three jumper

Claremont's Zac Mainwaring kicked three goals in his stunning colts debut.

Claremont's Zac Mainwaring attempts to scoop up the footy.

The Mainwaring name graced the WAFL again with 18-year-old Zac booting three goals in the Tigers’ two-point pre-season loss to South Fremantle at Revo Fitness Stadium.
The son of Chris, the late West Coast and East Fremantle great who won a flag in his first season in the WAFL to go with two in the AFL, sparked his team's fight-back with a three-goal third term including a snap from the boundary.
“I love playing in the No.3, it means a lot to me, representing Dad. I do it whenever I can,” Zac said.
After starting in the midfield, the 177cm teen moved into the forward line, where he played regularly for Scotch College last year, and looked right at home.
“I don’t normally play a midfield role, I play mainly up forward so it was good to get a run through there and see how physical colts footy really is because this is my first year,” he said.
“I played up forward a lot last year when I was playing for Scotch, so I felt at home down there and knew what to do when I got the footy.
“Maybe if I put on a bit more size and get a bit more knowledge of how to play, it might be a bit different.”
Zac, who is firming for an opening-round berth against Subiaco on July 18, chose Claremont over his dad’s old club because he wanted to play with his school mates.
Claremont's Zac Mainwaring lays a tackle on South Fremantle's Darryl Anderson.
Claremont's Zac Mainwaring lays a tackle on South Fremantle's Darryl Anderson. Credit: Daniel Wilkins/The Sunday Times
“I could’ve gone to East Freo but when I was under-14s I decided to come down to Claremont because all my mates were here and it’s been great ever since,” he said.
While playing in the AFL would be “great”, the West Coast father-son prospect recently started a pre-apprenticeship course with the hope of becoming an electrician and is keen to help the Tigers win back-to-back colts flags.
As for the traits Zac reckons he shares with his dad?
“I guess my running, I’m quick, but I think I can kick a bit straighter than him, he didn’t kick many goals,” he said with a laugh.

Melbourne Demons are getting absolutely destroyed in the media since their game with Richmond, with ex Demons players coming out and absolutely crucifying the club.

We should definitely be in touch with him and his management, with the offer of a successful stable club and all the things we can offer him.

Here's hoping that makes Trent Rivers think twice about his long term future at the club, and sees him coming home.

"Former great David Schwarz says under siege Melbourne is bordering on irrelevant.
In a scathing assessment, Schwarz pointed the finger at the players, coach Simon Goodwin and the board and fears a challenge to the club‘s hierarchy if performances don’t improve."

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne Demons are getting absolutely destroyed in the media since their game with Richmond, with ex Demons players coming out and absolutely crucifying the club.

We should definitely be in touch with him and his management, with the offer of a successful stable club and all the things we can offer him.

Here's hoping that makes Trent Rivers think twice about his long term future at the club, and sees him coming home.

"Former great David Schwarz says under siege Melbourne is bordering on irrelevant.
In a scathing assessment, Schwarz pointed the finger at the players, coach Simon Goodwin and the board and fears a challenge to the club‘s hierarchy if performances don’t improve."

David Schwarz is the definition of irrelevant.

David Schwarz is the definition of irrelevant.
Lucky for Melbourne they have the brilliance of Gary Lyon to counter Schwarz!

Let’s be real, when I lived in Melbourne, any hint of losing or a tight finish saw the Demon fans heading to Car park. Three quarter time was saw the Range Rover congestion zone at Waverley.

The crap culture runs deep through the club.

Rivers and Jackson would be great to target and extract from Melbourne.

Last edited:
With our mids we will lose shuey redden and hutch in the next couple of years leaving us with yeo Kelly sheed and gaff on a wing .

Up and coming mids ?
Ainsworth and Bradshaw will be delisted .

The o'neils ? Time will tell but they both look ok but they are not top end talent .

We are seriously going to be short especially if injuries happen .

Need 2 on ball mids and a winger over the next couple of years .

No first rounder this year and we have to use 2021 and 2022 1sts in the draft to meet with afl requirements .

We have a plethora of talls . I know we don't like it but sacrificing one may have to be an option . Also petch may get offers this year as he is OOC .

Would love to target some of the WA boys from the last draft .

Picking up a couple of rivers Robertson Sharpe or Warner would greatly help our next phase once the 2018 GF seniors retire

With our mids we will lose shuey redden and hutch in the next couple of years leaving us with yeo Kelly sheed and gaff on a wing .

Up and coming mids ?
Ainsworth and Bradshaw will be delisted .

The o'neils ? Time will tell but they both look ok but they are not top end talent .

We are seriously going to be short especially if injuries happen .

Need 2 on ball mids and a winger over the next couple of years .

No first rounder this year and we have to use 2021 and 2022 1sts in the draft to meet with afl requirements .

We have a plethora of talls . I know we don't like it but sacrificing one may have to be an option . Also petch may get offers this year as he is OOC .

Would love to target some of the WA boys from the last draft .

Picking up a couple of rivers Robertson Sharpe or Warner would greatly help our next phase once the 2018 GF seniors retire
Yes agree the cupboard is very bare when it comes to mids coming through.
Would trading out Petch & Sheed even get us a pick close to enticing Rivers or Devon Robertson back home ?
Our first is going to Geelong , So somehow we are going to need to get creative at the draft table to offer something up worth value

Would trading out Petch & Sheed even get us a pick close to enticing Rivers or Devon Robertson back home ?
Our first is going to Geelong , So somehow we are going to need to get creative at the draft table to offer something up worth value
Williams might get poached so we can try leverage that

Also Chad Warner at Sydney, this guy is as hard as cement. He did a very good job on Rowell last year, actually slung him a few times in the game. I also read a report Longmire told him to pull back his aggression at training.
He'd be perfect.

Luke English at tigers, had a huge first year in vfl and is a former colts best n fairest winner. His 2nd year is up, very gettable and is a significant upgrade on Ainsworth (can kick). Tough inside type, but can also play link up role at hff.

Also Chad Warner at Sydney, this guy is as hard as cement. He did a very good job on Rowell last year, actually slung him a few times in the game. I also read a report Longmire told him to pull back his aggression at training.
He'd be perfect.

Luke English at tigers, had a huge first year in vfl and is a former colts best n fairest winner. His 2nd year is up, very gettable and is a significant upgrade on Ainsworth (can kick). Tough inside type, but can also play link up role at hff.

Garcia at the Dogs too. Wont play this season with the knee rehab.

Last edited:
He'd be perfect.

Both good suggestions and given our shortage of mids pushing up to make claim for a game at the highest level , we need to get some reinforcements any way possible.

Warner in particular I like, love his aggression, the competitive spirt is a real plus for me, the hunger for the contest is a trait that cant be taught.

Both good suggestions and given our shortage of mids pushing up to make claim for a game at the highest level , we need to get some reinforcements any way possible.

Warner in particular I like, love his aggression, the competitive spirt is a real plus for me, the hunger for the contest is a trait that cant be taught.
He also feels like someone with heaps of development in him too.

We are going to be short of mids but your advocating trading sheed to get another mid ?

Brander is the one . Still contracted for next year but is behind darling Allen waterman and Williams for a forward role .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back