List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Swift got 3 Brownlow votes at one point... :laughing: :shrug:

How many players have never got a vote at all?

One. His name? Jed Anderson.

Vozzo: -(On Jetta) It’s a decision we made with a heavy heart. Nisbet and I are catching up with Lewis next week. It was a difficult decision made in a tough climate
Can’t have been that hard a decision, they seemed to have made it months ago.

Catching up with him after he’s already been cut? Classy.

Witherden played only 6 games in 2020. Go watch the game he got 2 Browlow votes in on his return to the side.
The umps went for the stat sheet that game for their votes . Clearly . Dinky sideway kicks , a couple of kicks to congestion up the boundary . One lucky bounce flattered him . Twice he could have given goals away caught holding the ball but got in the back from a poor ump decision . Bewildering 2 brownlow votes . Especially since Cameron kicked multiple goals . Lachie Neale got the 3 votes . If you watch that game to see Witherdens best then its no highlight I give you the tip .

Who do we reckon this is referring to? From an article in the West written by a West Coast recruiter:

Another interesting interview experience was when myself, Trevor Woodhouse and our psych visited a local Perth boy on a Monday morning.

He wasn’t living with his parents because they lived an hour out of Perth.

Driving to his residence with my colleagues I was telling them both what a terrific young person he was and that he’ll interview really well.

We arrived on time and no one answered the door after a couple of minutes of knocking.

I had a sticky beak through the kitchen window only to see the dishes piled up and empty beer bottles scattered around with a mattress in the middle of the living room.

I said to my colleagues, “this can’t be his house, he would’ve done the dishes and cleaned up.”

We knocked on the neighbours doors hoping he gave me the wrong number. Long story short, We had the right house.

We actually heard him trying to do a quick clean-up as we could hear all the beer bottles clunking together.

The young player made an error of judgment and thought it would be a good idea to have a big night before his interview.

He answered the door about 20 minutes later with a very husky voice.

He knew straight away he’d had a shocker.

He got through the interview quite well considering and we didn’t go hard on him.

At the end of the meeting we told him he should be better prepared.

We didn’t move him down our draft order from this interview as we knew it was a one-off event. Everyone makes mistakes.

The player got selected in the front half of the draft and is having a good career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do we reckon this is referring to? From an article in the West written by a West Coast recruiter:

LOL no chance I'd hang around for 20 minutes waiting for someone to open the door.

Interesting article that one Dick.
Written by Brad 007? Smith.
Bailey Smith cancelling numerous interviews and telling interstate clubs he would struggle if being recruited by them might be from the Worpel handbook.?
Brad quite diplomatic in saying well done to Bailey and management if they perhaps massaged the rules.
But get the feeling he'd like to headbutt the kent.

Zac Fisher. I remember something along those lines being posted around his draft time

Zac Fisher. I remember something along those lines being posted around his draft time
Yeah the whole his parents are from an hour out of Perth ties in with him being from York.

One. His name? Jed Anderson.

That would be actually funny.....if true!

But it isnt. Same number of votes as Swift, 3. And he isnt done.

Last edited:

Most games for West Coast without a Brownlow vote:
110: Brent Staker
108: Daniel Metropolis (not even on debut when he kicked six)
102: Mark Seaby
94: Mitch Brown
84: Andrew Williams

Just had to to look 🙄
Rd3 1992
WC v St Kilda
Craig Turley 3
Paul Peos 2
Chris Lewis 1
Pretty Sure Turley was the flavor of the month back then... remember the face cut outs the totally freaked him out

Just had to to look 🙄
Rd3 1992
WC v St Kilda
Craig Turley 3
Paul Peos 2
Chris Lewis 1
Pretty Sure Turley was the flavor of the month back then... remember the face cut outs the totally freaked him out
Turkey had a break out year in 1991 finishing runner-up in the Brownlow Medal. Peter Matera finished fourth that year too.

Turkey had a break out year in 1991 finishing runner-up in the Brownlow Medal. Peter Matera finished fourth that year too.
We were really unlucky that one of our stars didn't get a brownlow out of that early 90s bunch. Pridda probably made up for it though.

One of the reasons I always laugh when supporters of teams like Norf call us a fake club, is that we've done more in 30 odd years than they have in 100. 4 flags, 3 brownlows, hell - we've even taken the club through a drug crisis and back!

I am shocked. Absolutely shocked that Andrew Williams played 84 games.

I am shocked. Absolutely shocked that Andrew Williams played 84 games.

More surprised that Brent Staker, Daniel Metropolis and Mitch Brown don't have name cards.

How does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back