List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the indigenous boys being mooted, i would be enquiring about Sydney Stack.

Sure the guy got into some trouble getting into a punch up after a night at the strippers, but let's be real: most of us have been there at some point in our lives

Guy has talent and this mistake, whilst huge in the context of the season, isn't a hangable offence
Yeah i agree. If it was a regular year that would barely make the headlines. Just a casual tuesday night for Jesse Hogan. I'd take Stack in a heartbeat.

And which one of these players even remotely demonstrates the offensive kicking skills of Jetta and Hurn?

I'm not saying "Oh gee we have no half backs", that's bullshit, we have plenty. But what half backs do we have that are creative and attacking by foot?

The discussion was originally about how much better our team looked in 2018, and how it was stemmed from our silky rebound from defense.

Jetta kick clangers quite often which people seem to forget. Rodham has the pace and is a good kick. As he matures his decision making will as well.

Hurn's got a big kick however our game plan from defense isn't bomb it long. It's a methodical move the ball by foot and spread the defense. 15 to 40m passes to uncontested situations. We have the players to do that.

So Jetta and Hurns creativity and crucial attacking flare which won us the 2018 flag is going to be handled by a 65Kg pick 58 we haven't seen yet?

2 premiership players. A B2B All Australian defender, veteran games record holder, premiership captain, and another player touted the best kick in the AFL..... just replaced by Ben Johnson everyone.

Well sh*t, just give us the 2021-2029 flags now then.
We have rotham who is a dam good kick already hurns replacement.

Johnson took a lot of the kick ins for the U18s last year . He is pretty good kick over most distances .

Unfortunately jetta returned this season and didn't bring his desire with him .

We have rotham who is a dam good kick already hurns replacement.

Johnson took a lot of the kick ins for the U18s last year . He is pretty good kick over most distances .

Unfortunately jetta returned this season and didn't bring his desire with him .

Jetta looks totally disinterested and his form showed that.

I don't see him playing on with that attitude.

You lot act like Jetta was awful, where i'm of the opinion he was scapegoated for Simpsons need to drop an "under performing" player in a season which was spiraling out of control after 3 straight QLD hub losses.

Jetta's season averages up until that point - 16 disposals, 5.6 marks, 2.5 tackles, 2.25 score involvements, 333 metres gained, and 3 1% a game.

You can hardly judge him for his two games where we bizarrely threw him forward after several seasons in defense and expected him have an impact.

Even then he still put up - 13.5 disposals, 2.5 marks, 3 tackles, 3 score involvements, and 306 metres gained a game.

The team is better with him in it playing in defense, it's as simple as that IMO.

As nice as it is watching Cole, Nelson and Duggan continue their development, winning the flag whilst Jetta is still a weapon needs to take priority.

Everyone playing at home, here is Nelsons last month - 11 disposals, 4.5 marks, 1.5 tackles, 1 score involvement, 239 metres gained and 1.75 1% a game.

Now please compare Nelsons past month to Jetta's first month. I'll save you the trouble. It pales in comparison :chartdown:

I think we all know a disposal from Jetta is worth more than a disposal from Nelson as well. So someone please tell me, how bad Jetta was again.

And which one of these players even remotely demonstrates the offensive kicking skills of Jetta and Hurn?

I'm not saying "Oh gee we have no half backs", that's bullshit, we have plenty. But what half backs do we have that are creative and attacking by foot?

The discussion was originally about how much better our team looked in 2018, and how it was stemmed from our silky rebound from defense.
We have been spoiled . Teams are lucky to have 1 defender that has the kicking skills to open the game up from the backline .

We had 2 of the most elite kicks in the afl in form and a game plan to utilize them .

Hurn needs to bite off that corridor kick more often

You lot act like Jetta was awful, where i'm of the opinion he was scapegoated for Simpsons need to drop an "under performing" player in a season which was spiraling out of control after 3 straight QLD hub losses.

Jetta's season averages up until that point - 16 disposals, 5.6 marks, 2.5 tackles, 2.25 score involvements, 333 metres gained, and 3 1% a game.

You can hardly judge him for his two games where we bizarrely threw him forward after several seasons in defense and expected him have an impact.

Even then he still put up - 13.5 disposals, 2.5 marks, 3 tackles, 3 score involvements, and 306 metres gained a game.

The team is better with him in it playing in defense, it's as simple as that IMO.

As nice as it is watching Cole, Nelson and Duggan continue their development, winning the flag whilst Jetta is still a weapon needs to take priority.

Everyone playing at home, here is Nelsons last month - 11 disposals, 4.5 marks, 1.5 tackles, 1 score involvement, 239 metres gained and 1.75 1% a game.

Now please compare Nelsons past month to Jetta's first month. I'll save you the trouble. It pales in comparison :chartdown:

I think we all know a disposal from Jetta is worth more than a disposal from Nelson as well. So someone please tell me, how bad Jetta was again.

Jetta was disinterested and had little to no impact on games early in the season. He was terrible in fact.

Nelson at least played with urgency and intent and actually defends. There is a reason why he is keeping Jetta out of the team. Nelson is actually rated as a very good kick by the club and now he is maturing and making better decisions his kicking effectiveness is improving also.

Jetta is the past mate, he's lost the desire and it is plain to see. The future is Duggan, Cole, Nelson and Rotham.

Look forwards not backwards!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jetta kick clangers quite often which people seem to forget.
Jetta looks totally disinterested and his form showed that.

I don't see him playing on with that attitude.
Jetta was disinterested and had little to no impact on games early in the season. He was terrible in fact.

Jetta is the past mate, he's lost the desire and it is plain to see.

Ok, here's what you need to do

Recycle Bin GIFs | Tenor

You fail to mention that jetta has had twice as many clangers and turnovers per game.

Nelson is also the superior defender which is his job before he is the attacking defender .

Also since jetta has been out Duggan has taken that more attacking role so i fail to see why we are comparing Nelson to jetta in the first place

You fail to mention that jetta has had twice as many clangers and turnovers per game.

Nelson is also the superior defender which is his job before he is the attacking defender .

Also since jetta has been out Duggan has taken that more attacking role so i fail to see why we are comparing Nelson to jetta in the first place

Shock horror, the bloke with the best kick in the AFL was punished with turnovers for taking the risky option, which is exactly what his role is.

If you would prefer he turned and chipped it 15m sideways to another defender like what Nelson does, then no worries.

Do you actually think Jetta is a poor kick? Like... seriously? What he does from the kick ins alone should justify his inclusion.

Considering Duggan was already in the team this is EXACTLY a Jetta vs Nelson debate. You clowns keep spouting how 'bad' Jetta was. I've provided you with evidence showing Nelson, who has taken jetta's place in the team, is statistically producing much less.

So please feel free to hold Nelson to the same standards you do for Jetta.

Saying "he's lazy, he's lazy" over and over again because he looks like a casual player, really doesn't add anything to your argument.

Yeah agreed definitely miss Jetts down back, even when he wasn't getting the ball teams were worrying about him, and if they're putting work into him someone else is getting off the leash. Think he was a victim of a slight drop in form vs Nelson/Coles increase in form (have really rated them this year) and our oversupply of younger defenders.

We've got enough players nailing their jobs defensively/in the air and Hurn even when in form offensively has always locked down on his player so reckon we can afford to carry an elite ball user who may not be the best lockdowner.

Against Saints and Dogs we've really struggled to get it out of our back half, we've been clinical af once past halfway. Just hard to see who goes out, as nobody in the backline really deserves to be dropped, but wouldn't be against losing Rotham once Gov's back, he's a big part of our future but doesn't quite have the confidence to attack with authority yet

Shock horror, the bloke with the best kick in the AFL was punished with turnovers for taking the risky option, which is exactly what his role is.

If you would prefer he turned and chipped it 15m sideways to another defender like what Nelson does, then no worries.

Do you actually think Jetta is a poor kick? Like... seriously? What he does from the kick ins alone should justify his inclusion.

Considering Duggan was already in the team this is EXACTLY a Jetta vs Nelson debate. You clowns keep spouting how 'bad' Jetta was. I've provided you with evidence showing Nelson, who has taken jetta's place in the team, is statistically producing much less.

Saying "he's lazy, he's lazy" over and over again because he looks like a casual player, really doesn't add anything to your argument.
I thought Jetta was just injured . Uninjured players are keeping him out .

The reason he is get table is he wants 5 years at 600K.

If we were thinking Saad was were we wanting to go with how we move the ball in the back half, surely we’d be considering giving Petrucelle opportunities to train with the back 6

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Saad can kick at speed. Petrucelle’s legs move faster than his brain can comprehend at the moment

I don't think jetta is a poor kick but he has turned over a lot of regulation kicks in horrible places this year .

As for Nelson replacing jetta . Sure his spot in the team . But that's a very short sighted view .
Duggan moved into jetta role in the team and he had a big stat increase.
Nelson took Duggan lock down role

All you have proved is you just don't get football.

Swings and roundabouts.
Jetta can't tackle or physically impose himself on the game, Nelson, Cole and Duggan are all better at that.
Jetta isn't that great over head, Duggan and Nelson are better.
Jetta often looks and plays like he isn't interested, the other three bring intent and dedication 9 times out of 10.
BUT Jetta can kick the ball somewhat better.................but you can't rely on one strength to hold your position when others are ticking more of the boxes.
None of Duggan, Nelson, Cole or Rotham are bad kicks. Nelson when younger panicked somewhat but this season is his best to date.

Anyway this discussion is a totally moot point. Jetta and Hurn are at the end of their career and we have recruited and developed their replacements. Replacements all of who have shown their best football this season. Every player has strengths and weaknesses. We have cover now and we also have Johnson and Foley developing.

No need to FOLD THE CLUB just yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back