Status
Not open for further replies.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Who wouldn't take Jetta at his best :shrug:

But he's clearly not at his best. He's not getting any younger, his fitness and his form is indifferent. Calves taped on. So completely reasonable we're getting games into the younger blokes, even if they aren't hitting their best form each game.

inb4 straight back in for first final
I’d be happy for him to be in for the finals tbh. We are really struggling for options out of defence other than the slow kick down the line and hope for Darling to take a pack mark.

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Lawson Humphries is a big chance to be drafted next year.

HB who marks like a tall and disposes of the ball like Whitfield.
Have you seen him play? I've been keen to see him play.
Only trouble is AFL look like ditching NGA rights for first 2 rounds.

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Only trouble is AFL look like ditching NGA rights for first 2 rounds.
WTF??? Had no idea they were doing that...
Extending this into the 2nd round would be very rough.
Are they doing the same for the NSW & QLD academies?
Doesn't seem like it(?), but complete BS for them to still make exceptions for the QLD & NSW teams.
Weren't the NGA's introduced in as a response to the QLD & NSW teams having priority access to players from those states?
The rules should be the same for them IMO...

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
WTF??? Had no idea they were doing that...
Extending this into the 2nd round would be very rough.
Are they doing the same for the NSW & QLD academies?
Doesn't seem like it(?), but complete BS for them to still make exceptions for the QLD & NSW teams.
Weren't the NGA's introduced in as a response to the QLD & NSW teams having priority access to players from those states?
The rules should be the same for them IMO...
Yeah, I think QLD and NSW too. Came from Cal Twomey who would know.

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Shock horror, the bloke with the best kick in the AFL was punished with turnovers for taking the risky option, which is exactly what his role is.

If you would prefer he turned and chipped it 15m sideways to another defender like what Nelson does, then no worries.

Do you actually think Jetta is a poor kick? Like... seriously? What he does from the kick ins alone should justify his inclusion.

Considering Duggan was already in the team this is EXACTLY a Jetta vs Nelson debate. You clowns keep spouting how 'bad' Jetta was. I've provided you with evidence showing Nelson, who has taken jetta's place in the team, is statistically producing much less.

So please feel free to hold Nelson to the same standards you do for Jetta.

Saying "he's lazy, he's lazy" over and over again because he looks like a casual player, really doesn't add anything to your argument.

Serious question:

In the early games he played this season, what was Jettas kicking efficiency?

Its been a long year, but if memory serves me correct his kicking efficiency was awful. And it was for that reason he was axed. His lack of intent and general disinterest didn't help his cause either.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Conservative like Lamb, Weedon & Venables or conservative like Naitanui, Rioli & Newman?
Just asking thats all

Hi Bond,

Well the boys had to grind out a win last night which wasnt unexpected.

Would love your thoughts on Jed Anderson. I recall we almost traded him in from the Hawks but Norths trumped us with a better deal. He's 26 and out of contract.

Last night he played another good game, 30 plus a goal and some good hard work on the inside, and some nice plays on the outside.

Would we be interested still? He would add a slightly different defensive dynamic to our midfield.

Serious question:

In the early games he played this season, what was Jettas kicking efficiency?

Its been a long year, but if memory serves me correct his kicking efficiency was awful. And it was for that reason he was axed. His lack of intent and general disinterest didn't help his cause either.

Round 1, 14 kicks at 92.9%

Round 2 11 kicks at 45.5%

Round 3 10 kicks at 90%

Round 4 10 kicks at 50%

For an average of 69.6% by foot.

"Lack of intent and general disinterest" is bollocks. Darling, Hurn and Kennedy as well as many others were garbage and lacked intent during those 3 straight losses in the hub. Jetta gets smashed for it because he looks casual, like he doesn't care. Even though he's always looked like that. We won a flag with that.

In other News Obeanie is talking about Jed Anderson, again.

Thats better then I expected to be honest.

Who was our opponent in round 4?

Port. He had 15 touches and was hardly our worst.

That same game everyone wrote off Schofield as playing his last game because he was s**t and also got suspended. Now they all back in love with him again.

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Those repeat knee injuries wrecked him, no

30 next year, had that major injury relating to the off field incident

Another hard pass, back in the young talls we already have

You wouldn't play him as a backman, you're correct when you say we have a wealth of young backman.

Thinking more forward coverage if one of our keys went down injured

You wouldn't play him as a backman, you're correct when you say we have a wealth of young backman.

Thinking more forward coverage if one of our keys went down injured

Brander, Waterman, Allen, Williams

We do have a few options already

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Port. He had 15 touches and was hardly our worst.

If memory serves me correctly, in that game he attempted a lot of cute, dinky inboard kicks that didn't come off and cost us goals.

Then undoubtedly to a degree, Simpson axed him to send a message.

The problem for Lewis after that was twofold

1) we started to perform well without him

2) if the rumors are to be believed, he didn't take his axing well and had an epic dummy spit

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Brander, Waterman, Allen, Williams

We do have a few options already

I also concur; however most of those guys are mobile players best suited to being the 3rd tall.

I am thinking coverage for Kennedy and Darling at full forward

Hell, he would still be a better selection then Mitch Brown 😂😉

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Go back to the thread when Jetta was dropped and the general consensus was that it was a surprise and that there were plenty of players performing worse.

If he's fit, Jetta should be in the side, playing in defence, using his exquisite skills by foot to get us out of defence in ways other than long bomb down same wing every single time.

Go back to the thread when Jetta was dropped and the general consensus was that it was a surprise and that there were plenty of players performing worse.

If he's fit, Jetta should be in the side, playing in defence, using his exquisite skills by foot to get us out of defence in ways other than long bomb down same wing every single time.

Yep, spot on there BT :whitecheck:

Our new kickout strategy is laughably bad.

We've resorted to, obviously only playing on to the right hand side... But now we kick it long to Naitanui who doesn't even attempt a mark, he just tries to swat it towards our goals like we would if we were going straight up the guts in the dying seconds of a game.

I don't hate the idea, it's just very basic and gets predictable and shut down if you do it over and over.

Unfortunately the days of seeing this looks to be gone now

Last edited:

truman

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

I agree, I understand that other players may defend better than him and have higher DE% but when you watch the game Jetta is one of the few players in our team who tries to create by foot and bites of the risky option. If we want to go conservative we won't play him but I just don't think we are moving the ball well enough to beat the best teams and we need to take a risk

Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep, spot on there BT :whitecheck:

Our new kickout strategy is laughably bad.

We've resorted to, obviously only playing on to the right hand side
... But now we kick it long to Naitanui who doesn't even attempt a mark, he just tries to swat it towards our goals like we would if we were going straight up the guys in the dying seconds of a game.

Bunga 2019 second half of the season. Every. Single. Kickout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back