List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Might as well talk to me about Swifts under 16 form if we're going that far back.

Brayden being an apparent clearance machine 3-4 years ago really means absolutely nothing now, considering he was up against kids. Small frames. Slower pace.

I really don't want to pile on to the roasting he's copped over the last page, so I'll just leave it at that.

Playing at AFL level is completely different to the U18 champs. Playing as a mid at AFL level, the gulf is even greater.

It's not personal. The board doesn't just reach into a hat and decide to get around O'Neill and not Ainsworth as young midfielders.

I don't rate Foley either. At all. Didn't on draft night and don't 2 years later. His next 12 months are going to be interesting as well.

I guess 1 thing to look forward to is that our highest rated mid ,pre draft in recent years hasnt played a game yet.looking forward to mitch oneill getting on the patk next year

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
You'd hope our lads are able to show WAFL next year and he's able to show something at that level. Will be 18 months of no footy for him and it would hurt his chance.

And Priddis once a millenia managed to hit up targets. Didn't mean his kicking improved.

Ainsworths ball drop continues to be absolutely putrid and his kicking will never improve enough to be AFL standard.

73% disposal efficiency suggests a ton of improvement ..

Do I sound like a tool defending WC’s list to other campaigners at work?

Most of our key players are under 25. OA, Waterman, Ryan, Duggan, Barrass, and at times Nelson/Cole/Sheed and Rotham were our most important contributors.

The next bracket are a standard age (26-28) in Kelly, JD, Gov, Gaff, Shep.

Our only key 30+ players are Shuey, NN and Jk and at times Hurn.

Losing NN will be sh*t, but our KPF stocks are stacked and Hurn was questionable earlier in the season. We also won a premiership without NN...

From an outsiders point of view, I think your list will be fine for 2021, but you have to get ready for a cliff fall from then on (unless you can trade heavily).
These are the age profiles for your older generation (in the early few rounds of 2022). That is 10 of your best 22, being well past their prime.

Hurn = 35 * Probably gone by then
Jk = 34* Definitely gone by then
Shuey = 32
Gaff = 30
Darling = 30
Shep = 30
NN = 32
Cripps = 30
Gov = 30
Hutchings = 30* Not in your best 22 unless you play a tagger role, won't be on your list in 2022.
Redden = 31
Jetta = 33 * Prob doesn't get a contract in 2021 let alone 2022.

Do you see the likes of Rotham, Ainsworth, Brander, O'Neil, Williams, Reid, Foley being able to replace the very talented list above?
So it all depends on what you are arguing on. Ultimately if you win a premiership in the next year or two, your list looks fantastic... if you don't then it looks very ordinary.

But again, your list managers would know a lot more than a couple of randoms on the internet. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hutchings by 22 was a WAFL BF player, Simpson medalist, Runner up Sandover medalist and premiership playe. Im not a fa of hutch but thats a good CV for a kid. Can't picture Brayden doing that.

Hutchings was the Wa Capt as well at u18 level in 2009 so very confident and mature young man unlike Bubba who still gets called Bubba ..

why is he being selected if he`s crap as you keep saying ..The truth is he`s a developing player that works his arse off and is very coachable ..
If by coachable you mean he has a lot every single Monday to take on board - agree

If by coachable he takes on board input and changes ball drop, speed at context, hardness at contest, 4 quarter effort - then no

Hutchings was the Wa Capt as well at u18 level in 2009 so very confident and mature young man unlike Bubba who still gets called Bubba ..
Hutchings was also a rookie pick that got cut and then had to earn his way back through good footy.

OK - so Jordan Clark is getting restless and I would like to suggest to Wells and the Cattery List Management Team an upgrade

1602081219707.png

There you go Mr Glass - show me how good you are. If you can do a deal and trade Ainsworth for Clark I would be delighted.

I would be delighted to let a Subiaco scumbag be replaced by a Claremont gentleman on the West Coast list.

Hey Dark Sharks - am I doing it right now?

The one thing I notice with Ainsworth is that he watches his opponent too much instead of the ball. The amount of times I have seen him vacate the area just before the ball comes is crazy really.

Rotham could play Hurns spot?

I was going to say if we phase out say Reddo or have Boots play a bit more at HF we can then get Duggo up into the midfield & play Rotham as the dashing HB, and I don’t only mean dashing as in the role either ;) 90255D22-494B-455D-B0CB-D9BD93720D72.jpeg

could see him going for a few Schofield like runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back