List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We literally never do that style of contract. Tends to only be clubs with no control over there salary cap who do crap like that you will find.

What, never?

Hardly ever?

9B901A02-A782-4865-B10D-EF91F35A4AD8.jpeg

Righto

We, the Mods, have had a gutful of a certain nickname.

Show a little respect to one of our own, that has been blessed enough to earn the right to wear the Wings.

If it happens again, you can have a day off. No exceptions.

Cheers

Biggie & the Mod team

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aint nothing to do with size, it's intent and intensity. You've got plenty of smaller framed players who crack in.

Brayden lopes around in slow motion. He doesn't attack the pill or demand the ball. If he's a closet contested beast, he does a good job hiding it.

So now just Venables and Rioli to be added to this.

View attachment 1018625

Am I right in saying that we have only utilised 1 of our allowed 2 'downgrade to rookie list without going through the draft - shiny new rule' spots? (Hutchings)

If so, then it would seem we are keeping one open for Rioli - in case the CatB request is denied. I'm guessing if it is denied for DV then we probably delist and re-employ around the club (there doesn't seem to be any confidence at this stage that he will play again - and certainly not next year).

Which would mean we have 2 senior list spots to fill (likely 1 through the draft - then maybe a DFA?).

Then the option of either 2 or 3 rookie spots (2 if Rioli takes one, 3 if he doesn't). Maybe fill at least one with a SSP player or mid-season draft.

37 and 38 on your list just have to be rookie spots. It's $160k that can be paid outside the salary cap ($80k per player) - and a no brainer. Look at the good press Betts at Cartank is getting for agreeing to be 'downgraded' to the rookie list (although in actual fact he has no restrictions on playing, gets the same income, and is allowed to stay on that list for up to 3 years by which stage I assume he will be into his 40's!). If need be then we ask JK, Hurn or even Redden to do the same.

37 and 38 on your list just have to be rookie spots. It's $160k that can be paid outside the salary cap ($80k per player) - and a no brainer. Look at the good press Betts at Cartank is getting for agreeing to be 'downgraded' to the rookie list (although in actual fact he has no restrictions on playing, gets the same income, and is allowed to stay on that list for up to 3 years by which stage I assume he will be into his 40's!). If need be then we ask JK, Hurn or even Redden to do the same.

Drafting rookies will achieve the same. It doesn't matter who is on the rookie list - if there are 6 rookies, then we have maximised the amount we can pay outside the cap.

2021 list lodgement is going to be interesting.

"Rebuild rewire, replumb, refit"

Hurn
Kennedy
Hutchings
Vardy
Ah Chee
Foley
Ainsworth

^ Potentially gone.

Brander (Will be a trade candidate if he doesn't break in this year)
Venables (God knows)
Rioli (God knows)

Additionally O'Neil, Johnson, Redden & Nelson will be out of contract i believe.

I've reigned in my expectations of Sneezy, unless he has a break out 2021? :rolleyes:
But I'm expecting Ainsworth to put on some bulk and possibly improve.

Not sure what his exact skills are apart from endurance and tagging, but contrary to many on here, I think he shows a lot of pluck given his size, at best he might be another Hutch, at worst he's depth until he's phased out. At this stage it's unlikely we'll see him transform into a gun midfielder, but I'm keeping an open mind for Brains in 2021....

What's Venable's official status/position at the club now-still on the injury list, or in the long term carpark, or put out to pasture?
Rioli - what a stupendous sh*tshow...we should take it to the streets, protest+revolt, demos+placards, Free Willy!

Last edited:
2021 list lodgement is going to be interesting.

"Rebuild rewire, replumb, refit"

Hurn
Kennedy
Hutchings
Vardy
Ah Chee
Foley
Ainsworth

^ Potentially gone.

Brander (Will be a trade candidate if he doesn't break in this year)
Venables (God knows)
Rioli (God knows)

Additionally O'Neil, Johnson, Redden & Nelson will be out of contract i believe.

Pretty sure Brayden has at least 3 years to go on his current deal mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back