hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
agreed. Vickers Willis might have bought himself a bit of time. with the season starting later it would've given him more time for rehab. Lets hope hes able to get a few games in. Mckay is very lucky he has one more year as i'd have durdin ahead of him but durdin only has one year. gonna be very interesting come years end. will be some tough decisions, hopefully we're still able to offer vfl spots

agreed. Vickers Willis might have bought himself a bit of time. with the season starting later it would've given him more time for rehab. Lets hope hes able to get a few games in. Mckay is very lucky he has one more year as i'd have durdin ahead of him but durdin only has one year. gonna be very interesting come years end. will be some tough decisions, hopefully we're still able to offer vfl spots
EVW will definetly need to show he can get fit otherwise he’s in strife to stay on the list imo

Reduce list spots means players who are injured often will be afforded less time and lenience

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Roo Beauty

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Old mate Marcy-poo hypothesises 35.

10-11 is a lot. I guess we’re somewhat luckier that we have a lot of players OOC but some tough calls will have to be made either way.

I heard on the radio that they expect list sizes to stay reactive the same going forward

I saw an interview with Danger saying 35 wouldn't be supported by the players sounds implausible with the amount of pressure on players, managing injuries, other list management issues etc.

Then I think they were saying much as above, its probably less likely to change much but could drop a little.

This was weeks ago though.

Coaches and staff may not be so lucky in the short term.

To trim to 35 would cause a massive trauma for clubs IMHO - I cant see it happening as savagely as initially 'scare mongered' by the media.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I saw an interview with Danger saying 35 wouldn't be supported by the players sounds implausible with the amount of pressure on players, managing injuries, other list management issues etc.

Then I think they were saying much as above, its probably less likely to change much but could drop a little.

This was weeks ago though.

Coaches and staff may not be so lucky in the short term.

To trim to 35 would cause a massive trauma for clubs IMHO - I cant see it happening as savagely as initially 'scare mongered' by the media.
Rare for me to agree with him.

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
35 defs seems too much. especially when you also need to have 3 spots available at the draft. annoying thing as well looking at our list mckay campbell and tyson all have 1 year left so if we paid them out to get rid of them we'd be even more behind for the salary cap.

35 defs seems too much. especially when you also need to have 3 spots available at the draft. annoying thing as well looking at our list mckay campbell and tyson all have 1 year left so if we paid them out to get rid of them we'd be even more behind for the salary cap.
of that group Campbell would be only rookie wage so could see that getting paid out and copping the 80k

There are so many unknowns.

There were some articles recently saying North, due to its high number of OOC players and cap space are best placed to snare any players that refuse to take pay cuts if the players are forced to take significant cuts inline with lost advertising/ crowd revenue.

I think the media are reporting brainstorming notes and possible outcomes when clearly they know nothing.

Only reality for me is some changes to ensure the leagues financials will be made. God knows what.

Falkroo

All Australian
Mar 9, 2005
On The Murray
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
McKay likely won’t be on much either so there would be a chance he gets paid out too
Certainly not trying to be a smart**s, but isn't it amazing how with so many injuries, all of a sudden, a career has been kick starter (at least at the moment)

Also, not exactly sure of our injury numbers, but if we did have a list of 35 next season, if we had this seasons injuries to cater for, how many fit would we have to choose from...anyone able to tell me?

Back