North Melbourne

Old Skool

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
BTW, my "mail" from a very reputable source is that Basti is a "lock" to re-sign.

BTW, my "mail" from a very reputable source is that Basti is a "lock" to re-sign.

"The smart money is on Demetriou getting his way and overseeing a relocation."

So, all good then:thumbsu:

THE MOEMAN

All Australian
Jun 29, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What reason would I have to lie? I'm not saying this with any malice, I'm just saying what I've heard.

The s**t-slinging at Richmond is real classy. :rolleyes:
no-one is saying your lieing, we're just telling you whoever you heard it from is wrong

What reason would I have to lie? I'm not saying this with any malice, I'm just saying what I've heard.

The s**t-slinging at Richmond is real classy. :rolleyes:
Did you really think that you could come onto our board, tell us one of our best young kids is going to GWS, and be treated with respect? Especially after one of our own, who has a reputation for getting this stuff right tells us the exact opposite.

Need I remind you, you're not amongst friends here. So don't bleat if you are told to **** off.

I don't see anything in what I said that was disrespectful. If I said "HAHA SUCKED IN, IDIOTS, BASTI'S GONE TO GWS" then I could understand your response.
What did you think was going to happen?

Honestly... :rolleyes:

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
I don't see anything in what I said that was disrespectful. If I said "HAHA SUCKED IN, IDIOTS, BASTI'S GONE TO GWS" then I could understand your response.

Nothing wrong with yr initial post gonad, other than its likely incorrect msg. Just take account of BF footy tribalism.

May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Newcastle United, Maple Leafs
Thanks for the normal response, Kimbo. I've heard it from somebody who's normally spot on with news. The added factors are that Peter Bastinac (the father) played with Dandenong in the VFL with Phil Scully (Tom's dad and GWS scout). So the dad's are mates as well as the son's being close.

Scully, Treloar, Shiel, Buntine, Haynes are all Dandenong boys as is Bastinac. Some of them went to Caulfield Grammar with Tom Bugg. Build a core group of talented kids who are mates and you are more likely to be able to keep them. And they shouldn't find Western Sydney much of a culture change from Dandenong.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Thanks for the normal response, Kimbo. I've heard it from somebody who's normally spot on with news. The added factors are that Peter Bastinac (the father) played with Dandenong in the VFL with Phil Scully (Tom's dad and GWS scout). So the dad's are mates as well as the son's being close.

I look forward to an apology from this "somebody" when basti re-signs with us.

Basti will be a 1 club player.
(someone should link that article last month of basti saying he will stay at north and the article when he recieved his favourite jumper number)

Old Skool

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Scully, Treloar, Shiel, Buntine, Haynes are all Dandenong boys as is Bastinac. Some of them went to Caulfield Grammar with Tom Bugg. Build a core group of talented kids who are mates and you are more likely to be able to keep them. And they shouldn't find Western Sydney much of a culture change from Dandenong.

I'm not offended in the slightest, in fact I welcome this type of discussion.

However, I am also certain that you have got the wrong mail as scottywiper bats a thousand over all the years I have been reading his posts.

He's never been wrong. Not once.

May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets

However, I am also certain that you have got the wrong mail as scottywiper bats a thousand over all the years I have been reading his posts.

I am sure this is not correct.
My wife, in fact, assures me this is 100% incorrect.:D

I wasn't offended either, but if he came here expecting that we would appreciate his info, he got it just as wrong as his 'source'.

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City

Who exactly is your source?

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I dunno about Western Sydney being like what the Dandenong Stingray's boys are used to. Considering Basti is from Narre Warren and Scully was from Berwick, Western Sydney might be a long way removed from those anglo-centric suburbs. Dandenong has a large catchment area for junior footballers with the overall area being largley anglo with concentrated areas of ethnicity in and around the centre of Dandy, Springvale and Noble Park.

Back