Official Club Stuff Contributing to the PAFC Premiership Fund

I had seen the Premiership Fund promoted down at the club and in my post-match euphoria last Saturday promised myself I'd join. Then the 'From the CEO - July 1' email from KT advertised it again so I rang through today and signed up. The lass taking the call thanked me and I said no probs, and had they been standing outside AAMI with plastic bags after the last two games half of us leaving would have emptied our wallets into them right there - this was the cheaper way to say thanks.

The following is an excerpt from KT's email )(which many here would have received anyway):

... Launched at the start of the season, this fund is unique in that all proceeds go directly to the football department and your contribution is only activated when the Power wins. Here’s an overview of how the fund is working thus far.

-There are currently 577 people contributing to the Premiership Fund.
-Each win equates to a contribution of $8500, around $15 per contributor.
-In May we purchased our first piece of equipment from funds derived directly from the Premiership Fund – an anti-gravity treadmill known as the ‘AlterG’.

Jackson Trengove’s ability to resume from an eight week injury and play as well as he did on Saturday, is very largely as a result of his training on the ‘AlterG’. It’s important stuff.....'

Dalphonso

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2009
Alice Springs NT
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Territory Thunder,Waratahs FC
I got an email the other day from KT about the Premiership fund. I knew there was such a thing but never paid any attention. After reading carefully I decided to donate on line but it said my account is locked and I have to call a 1300 number.
I have never done anything to get my membership locked so did other people get the same result?
If so the club might be missing out because people just don't get around to calling the number and waiting.
Have many of you other fine supporters already joined the fund?

I went in and had to reset my password but was able to get in

...I'm going to jump on board next payday!:thumbsu:

When I signed up it was about November last year. I was offered by email a range of membership packages, and there was the extra option of donating any 'excess' after buying my chosen membership type to Ken's Premiership Fund. Being up here and then unaware I would be getting down to games, as has worked out, I took the minimum 'Football Club' option. It gave me what I wanted: a badge on my chest and a feeling that I belonged to the Club I was watching on Australia Network. I felt guilty about how little it cost, so indeed I sent some of the aforementioned excess to the Fund.

Later the excellent idea of growing the Fund by 'selling' wins to members and supporters was put out there. By this time I was coming down to see Rounds 3 and 5, intent on either a) upgrading my membership, b) donating a given amount per win to the Fund, or c) buying from the Club some extra 'Football Club' memberships. Whatever the option, it was money for PAFC, right?

I decided to go for c). The Club was going hell for leather for 40,000 members. I bought memberships, as I've posted elsewhere, for family members in Hong Kong and Sydney, and coaxed a couple of ex-Army mates into signing up, too. That way, I figured, it was a win-win: both money and numbers for the Club.

One more thing to do. Round 23. Make way at the door of the Megastore! I only bought one 1870 T-shirt in April. The way things went on Saturday night I need at least three more. Change of torso wear is required before coming home to poor Mrs Road smelling like Pro Drinkers' Corner. Then there's the next day's follow up outing; need something fresh for that. Sounds like I ought to be conservative and buy the round half-dozen.

PSSSST: SHHHHH: There's a rumour developing about Mrs Road and Round 23. Those dozen yellow roses have worked a miracle.

Hopefully Mrs Road isn't adding all these expenses up or you're in for the look. And another dozen roses. :p

She's out of looks. Ah... I mean... she's still got looks... but she's out of... looks. Know what I mean?

Oh dear where's that cutthroat razor when you need it...?

Re the account locked/password stuff I can't get onto that Ticketmaster site either, and this despite using the automatic password reset and then having someone from the club try to sort it at their end. No biggie until we are trying to get GF tickets. A pleasant lass in Memberships processed my joining the fund by phone for me.

Dalphonso

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2009
Alice Springs NT
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Territory Thunder,Waratahs FC
I worked out the site by getting a password re-sent to me but then I had trouble working out the system.
1 ticket costs $10 etc. So I had to call the club. Even the girl couldn't work that one out?
Anyway I am now on board.Better late than never.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Port Adelaide’s winning ways are delivering much needed cash into the club’s football operations.

Unexpected wins against Sydney and Collingwood have triggered cash donations from the club’s “Premiership Fund” – a group of committed supporters who promised a set payment after each win.

http://indaily.com.au/sport/2013/07/03/port-adelaides-ka-ching-thing/

Natman

Norm Smith Medallist
RIP Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 5, 2004
Grange
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
No others are worthy
There are already two other threads on this - perhaps get the mods to merge.

You're gei. :p

Eduardo, I agonized over how I should Romanize that word.
I knew bloody well that if I wrote gay you'd be in like Rin Tin Tin.
So to be safe I made it gei.
Did me a fat lotta good didn't it.

Eduardo, I agonized over how I should Romanize that word.
I knew bloody well that if I wrote gay you'd be in like Rin Tin Tin.
So to be safe I made it gei.
Did me a fat lotta good didn't it.

Mate like Rock Hudson in a sauna I saw an opening and went for it.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
perhaps get the mods to merge.

That would be one super moderator, a Mega-Mod if you will. I'm picturing a supreme being with elite football knowledge who can also do your tax return.....its one and only flaw being a badly malfunctioning auto-correct.

Back