Toast Contributions to success

Remove this Banner Ad

I look forward to this debate starting again. I’m sure it will be fresh and lively, and will touch on topics we’ve never covered before.

But all I ask is that someone please keep track of the presence of facial hair, and it’s role in our success.

I just hope that the moderators and the keepers of the record note that steele sidebotton's decline in cranial hair formed a direct and causal relationship to the improvement of the Pies in finals throughout the last decade.

Now I know footy experts out there will point to the premiership in 2010 when Steele was playing with hair....but he was unshaven. Obviously the reverse occurred this year and I would envisage strong discussion about the counteracting impact of facial and cranial hair.....

I think people who know me will know that I'm a big supporter of short back and sides. I think it helps players to follow our great role models of the 1920s and 30s. I think that's been proven over the journey.

920-Cloke_David.jpg

Premierships - nil for us - in fact he helped cost us one be starring in a GF for Richmond

Mos have cost us over the years. It's a credit to the club that they could overcome Oleg's follicle hindrance and still win the flag this year. Great to see he's shaving it off for charity - should guarantee back to back.

I always thought that the biggest damage that the Cloke perpetrated on the Pies was pointing his sons at the club. It's well known that he was the puppet-master in his sons's careers due to their limited cerebral capacity - not that the cloke was well-endowed - and he always managed to get a deal done with the Pies, even when there was considerable evidence that the minor Clokes should infest other organisations.

I also know from my inside sources that the Cloke still has a negative impact on the club - Josh Carmichael used him as an example in recent contract negotiations when challenged to name a slower player in the history of the club.

I just hope that the moderators and the keepers of the record note that steele sidebotton's decline in cranial hair formed a direct and causal relationship to the improvement of the Pies in finals throughout the last decade.

Now I know footy experts out there will point to the premiership in 2010 when Steele was playing with hair....but he was unshaven. Obviously the reverse occurred this year and I would envisage strong discussion about the counteracting impact of facial and cranial hair.....
Are you sure you're not confusing Steele's 2010 premiership winnning facial follicles with the 2018 losing version?

Are you sure you're not confusing Steele's 2010 premiership winnning facial follicles with the 2018 losing version?

i dont want to pre-empt several years discussion on this point. I think the hair situation at the Pies is a complex one. I strongly support short back and sides but I'm open to having the club investigate the issues and make some broad recommendations to the players on the list.

One only has to look at the shocking hair of clayton oliver to understand the impact that it might have, although I am cognisant that some might put more importance on drug taking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back