Controversial Dogs banner

Remove this Banner Ad

From the interviews I've seen of him in the past couple of months he across as a massive bathwater drinker. Ocassionally nobodies like this bloke are suddenly given some media coverage and it just goes straight to their head, he is certainly in this mould.

lol farcical post. So bitter. I want to drink your tears, they would taste so good.

Amazing how a little home truth can make stupid and sad people get all uncomfortable.

The truth does suck, doesn't it?

Today's banner...

Our club was built in blood and boots,
not in AFL focus groups.

Weren't Footscray an expansion team in 1925? And didn't they steal players from other clubs cause the zones had to be reshaped? And as for hand outs from the AFL don't you guys get them to cover the cost of Etihad Stadium? This "poor me we're the battlers" BS is getting to rich for me. You changed your name because a marketing company said it would get you more supporters. You got pokies to bring in revenue like every other Victorian club. Wasted opportunities in 2009 and 10 to make a GF.

As for the banner, am I the only one that just thinks it could have been much better?

Weren't Footscray an expansion team in 1925? And didn't they steal players from other clubs cause the zones had to be reshaped? And as for hand outs from the AFL don't you guys get them to cover the cost of Etihad Stadium? This "poor me we're the battlers" BS is getting to rich for me. You changed your name because a marketing company said it would get you more supporters. You got pokies to bring in revenue like every other Victorian club. Wasted opportunities in 2009 and 10 to make a GF.

As for the banner, am I the only one that just thinks it could have been much better?
Youre right. Banners are serious business. Silly dogs.
Next week we shall return to "Go Doggies, Woof"

Nothing makes me happier than knowing Collingwood has been so terrible for 60 years.

Worst supporters on earth.

Youre right. Banners are serious business. Silly dogs.
Next week we shall return to "Go Doggies, Woof"

If your cheer squad is gonna take cheeky pot shots then it's bound to get to a point where other teams start having a crack back. And like I pointed out your an expansion club, you got access to players at the expense of other clubs, you gladly changed your name because a focus group told you too and your always playing the victim. I just thought it wasn't a particularly funny banner in that context

If your cheer squad is gonna take cheeky pot shots then it's bound to get to a point where other teams start having a crack back. And like I pointed out your an expansion club, you got access to players at the expense of other clubs, you gladly changed your name because a focus group told you too and your always playing the victim. I just thought it wasn't a particularly funny banner in that context
If that haopens on their banner then great. Livens it up.
If people have a sook on bigfooty its a little sad really.

From Reddit.

Spotless ran out of beer
You've run out of COLA
We'll only need champagne
When the Dogs come out and roll ya

Going to hard to top that for next week. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

If that haopens on their banner then great. Livens it up.
If people have a sook on bigfooty its a little sad really.

I'm just critiquing the banner itself. I'm not sooking about it. I don't think it was one of his funnier banners. And yes I hope all clubs start sledging each other in banners. It brings some relevance to the banner

Bwhahaha take a look in the mirror mate. You Hawks fans haven't covered your selfs in glory since 2008.

"Your selfs" lol

We're just crowing about supporting a successful club, not a relic of a bygone era that hasn't delivered much for its fans for over half a century.

Reading through the last few pages, all I can bring myself to ask is who in the hell is Danny McGinlay and why should I care about his twitter histrionics?
A comedian and Bulldogs fan; and there's absolutely no reason at all why you should care.

Travis you idiot. Footscray were a VFA team just like Collingwood were before Collingwood were in the breakaway to join the VFL in the 1800's. Footscray, North Melbourne, Richmond and Hawthorn all joined the VFL in the same year.
SO - Footscray were never an expansion team. They never poached players. They joined the VFL with the same team they had in the VFA and no zones had to be reshaped.

Edit - Speaking of "wasted oppurtunites" Travis do you know why your team is called the Colliwobbles? Remember that time they lost 8 grand finals in 21 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Travis you idiot. Footscray were a VFA team just like Collingwood were before Collingwood were in the breakaway to join the VFL in the 1800's. Footscray, North Melbourne, Richmond and Hawthorn all joined the VFL in the same year.
SO - Footscray were never an expansion team. They never poached players. They joined the VFL with the same team they had in the VFA and no zones had to be reshaped.

Edit - Speaking of "wasted oppurtunites" Travis do you know why your team is called the Colliwobbles? Remember that time they lost 8 grand finals in 21 years?

Richmond (and University) entered in 1908 not 1925.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back