Controversial incidents

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody said that he denied it. Just that Ivanovic should be criticised by everyone and not just non Chelsea fans for what he did.

So there is nothing incorrect about these two statements, correct?

Yep.

He's been cleared of any wrong doing, so it's all a non event and time to move on.

Nah mate, some people think he deserves a ban some people think he doesn't. It's got nothing to do with reasonable minds.

The FA has cleared him and the ref didn't think there was much in it. Done and dusted.

elmo.jpg

Arrigo Sacchi just said Italy has too many young black players and they've lost their national identity. He tried to justify it by saying he played Rijkaard.
Is he still in the game in an official capacity? If so I fully expect UEFA to carry out a thorough investigation before charging him with wearing an unauthorised sponsors logo.

Arrigo Sacchi just said Italy has too many young black players and they've lost their national identity. He tried to justify it by saying he played Rijkaard.

I'm possibly alone (well apart from Mr 'lost Italian identity' whoever he is) but I reckon mass immigration has taken away a little bit from international football. It all becomes a bit samey IMO. Rugby is the same with Aus/NZ players brought in from the Pacific Islands etc. I mean whenever there is a long distance race on every country seems to have a skinny black dude flown in. Boring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm possibly alone (well apart from Mr 'lost Italian identity' whoever he is) but I reckon mass immigration has taken away a little bit from international football. It all becomes a bit samey IMO. Rugby is the same with Aus/NZ players brought in from the Pacific Islands etc. I mean whenever there is a long distance race on every country seems to have a skinny black dude flown in. Boring.

I think I get the point you're trying to make Scotland but I'd say its probably just a wider reality of modern society courtesy of globalisation.

I think if anything, we'll see more and more players playing for their adopted countries (as opposed to their country of birth). I can't see how FIFA could legally and ethically try and prevent players being 'nationalised' to other countries that they weren't born in though I can definitely understand various country's FA's being wary at the number of foreigners playing in their domestic leagues.

Absolutely disgusting from those fans, I hope they can be identified and banned from games/punished somehow. The irony is they're probably happy to worship their heroes like Drogba on the pitch but have such small minded views on other people within society.

Absolutely disgusting from those fans, I hope they can be identified and banned from games/punished somehow. The irony is they're probably happy to worship their heroes like Drogba on the pitch but have such small minded views on other people within society.
Spot on. Disgraceful stuff and I hope the club identifies them and if they happen to be season ticket holders, punishes them.

Also glad that nobody here has jumped to "Chelsea fans are the worst, look at them doing this." So annoying seeing that when their real problem is just that they're s**t campaigners, has nothing to do with who they support.

Spot on. Disgraceful stuff and I hope the club identifies them and if they happen to be season ticket holders, punishes them.

Also glad that nobody here has jumped to "Chelsea fans are the worst, look at them doing this." So annoying seeing that when their real problem is just that they're s**t campaigners, has nothing to do with who they support.
I'd imagine there is plenty of CCTV footage in the metro system so won't be hard to identify them.

In regards to Sacchi I kind of get what he's trying to say but he's just expressed it horrifically. He definitely comes across like that older relative who is way out of touch with today's PC society that I'm sure many of us can relate to.

But regardless of how out of line the terms he uses are I still read it as him lamenting the fact that foreign players are taking academy spots at the expense of Italian nationals, which is a fair enough point IMO. I'm sure if these 'coloured' players he refers to were Italian citizens then he wouldn't mind; I'd hope that's the case anyway.

Sorry, been busy.

Typical Chelsea fans :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back