Converge

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah I left work as soon as it leaked yesterday and pretty much haven't stopped listening since, the two last tracks are out of sight.

They toured in March 07 and March 10, so hopefully they're back soon

I bought an album a few years back "Axe To Fall" it was playing in a record store I was in and I thought "I must have this!".

I like it and listen to it a bit but don't really know any of their other stuff...

Would like to seem them live.

Botch and Coalesce are two great bands in that vein, though they've really forged their own sound. Early Cave In, too.

EDIT: Also saw them last night, they tore it up, got one of Ben's drumsticks

I recall listening to the first Crowpath album and thinking it was good and similar to Converge, but I haven't listened in at least five years, can't really remember.

Lots of bands with elements of their sound. I reckon their two most prominent influences are Slayer and Sonic Youth, but they're both obviously massive bands.

Orchid are a band I like a lot with a similar vibe and energy, but no metal in them, and without that crisp definition. Early Dillinger Escape Plan has a similar sense of chaos and less punk rock.

Bump, another great band releasing an LP this year.

Can’t workout if this is a standalone album with some guest vocals or a collaboration eg Cult of Luna and Julie Christmas, but awesome news.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back