Remove this Banner Ad

Crock

All Australian
Oct 22, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hello Comrades

I’m wanting to convert a number of my football dvds to avi (or another format) so that I can store them on a portable hard drive.

I’ve tried DVDFab 8:
· profile: “generic avi xvid audiocopy”
· frame resolution 720 x 406,
· pixels 0.20
· aspect ratio 1.77340
(these were the standard settings (but not that I know what any of that means!))
Took probably an hour to convert but the quality is terrible

Also tried AVS video converter however after 20 hours it had only converted approx 30% of one game, so gave up on that.

So my question is:
Is there a “recommended” program to use to convert footy dvds to another format without the loss of quality and what are the best settings/resolution/etc?

Cheers

I use AVS. Not sure why it's going badly for you, I've found it extremely useful - play around with it. I convert everything to Windows Media Video 9 High Quality, which means about 400mb for an hour. The quality is far superior to any of the mp4 or similar files, and doesn't run into any glitches when played back on the computer or consoles. I record off the T-Box, so none of this is HD, but as long as the kid can watch Frozen and the quality looks good enough, then life is good around here...

I use AVS. Not sure why it's going badly for you, I've found it extremely useful - play around with it. I convert everything to Windows Media Video 9 High Quality, which means about 400mb for an hour. The quality is far superior to any of the mp4 or similar files, and doesn't run into any glitches when played back on the computer or consoles. I record off the T-Box, so none of this is HD, but as long as the kid can watch Frozen and the quality looks good enough, then life is good around here...

Cheers Thanks Gibbke
I'll have a look!

Hello Comrades

I’m wanting to convert a number of my football dvds to avi (or another format) so that I can store them on a portable hard drive.

I’ve tried DVDFab 8:
· profile: “generic avi xvid audiocopy”
· frame resolution 720 x 406,
· pixels 0.20
· aspect ratio 1.77340
(these were the standard settings (but not that I know what any of that means!))
Took probably an hour to convert but the quality is terrible

Also tried AVS video converter however after 20 hours it had only converted approx 30% of one game, so gave up on that.

So my question is:
Is there a “recommended” program to use to convert footy dvds to another format without the loss of quality and what are the best settings/resolution/etc?

Cheers

Check out MakeMKV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back