Certified Legendary Thread Convicted Rapist: Jarryd Hayne - Fumbling and Quitting the Lifelong Dreams ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to pick what position he could play. 27, never played, how is he going to be able to beat out a lot of the guys already trying to make a roster that have played those positions from High School? RB/KR about the only options I can imagine.

Too short/slow Hands? Route running? Honest question as I've only seen highlights on the news of Hayne

I can't possibly imagine him being able to play NFL WR for the reasons you mentioned but I'd like to see him have a go at RB, long shot though. Doubt he'd be a punter maybe he'll suprise us and play D but he'd prob be a LB if that was the case. Maybe he could teach them how to tackle.

Hard to pick what position he could play. 27, never played, how is he going to be able to beat out a lot of the guys already trying to make a roster that have played those positions from High School? RB/KR about the only options I can imagine.
And physically he's less gifted than those guys. Surely too slow (and not powerful enough) to be anything than a 4th /5th stringer at RB

He must have some confidence from Seattle though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get on that Browns! That way I don't feel so bad being a Parra supporter.
He's been a big fan of the Cowboys since he was a kid, he watches all games of every season.
I am sure he understands the game. Getting used to the pads, the calls, the pressure of NFL are going to be the issues.
Physically he has got it, his ability to find gaps, explode through them and use his agility to get out of trouble is scary good.
Could be a punt returner, while learning how to play RB.
They'd end up kicking it over him once he gets it past the 25 a few times.

I ******* LOVE SPORT!
This is huge news :D

You'd imagine RB would be the position he is going for.

He's not gonna go for a defensive role. RB and WR are the two most likely offensive roles, but having never played the game learning how to run routes at a professional level is gonna take more than one off season.

he is quick, but just being quick isn't enough. You're talking about guys who weren't far off professional level times heading into their NFL careers. Lesean McCoy has a 4.23 40-yard dash.

http://speedendurance.com/2008/08/22/usain-bolt-100m-10-meter-splits-and-speed-endurance/

If you average out 65.76% of Bolt's 30-40m time and add to his time's from 0-30m, which is 40 yards, you come up with a 4.35 split.

If there is one bloke in Australian professional footballing circles who could make it as a non punter I would reckon Hayne is the most likely. But it's still a huge ask.

The guy who made his name in rugby league being the ultimate ad libber is going to a sport where perfect plan design and execution is mandatory?

What happens when he fields a punt or takes a hand off and starts running towards hos own goal-line?

Applaud his "follow your dreams" mindset, not enough of us put our words into actions but I expect him to be back in the Eels No 1 Jersey in 2016.

It's very sad for the NFL, especially Parramatta fans.
But I have been talking him up as a world class athlete for years, so we will see!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back