worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Next year is the Coodabeen Champions 40th year on the radio. Who would like to see them sing at the 2020 AFL Grand Final? Do they deserve any further accolades for their long jeopardy?

Perhaps they could be the first collective of people to be inducted into the Hall of Fame?

Are there any of the 1981 line up still on when its focus was on the VFA? Torch McGee possibly. I'm reasonably certain Tony Leonard was there, but he is long gone from the current line up - admittingly most of them were there probably a year or two later

Oct 3, 2006
Gold Coast/Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Phillip Island Bulldogs/Lions AFLW
Hopefully a bit of self-promo bumping is allowed for a good cause. The topic of my recent piece on The Footy Almanac (https://www.footyalmanac.com.au/wantok-almanac-nancy-patterson/) is going to be a guest of the Coodabeens this morning, I think around 10:45am. Should be an interesting and fun chat with one of my personal heroes.

Next year is the Coodabeen Champions 40th year on the radio. Who would like to see them sing at the 2020 AFL Grand Final? Do they deserve any further accolades for their long jeopardy?

That anniversary is long past. The show commenced in the late 70s on 3RRR before moving to the ABC.

desie

Club Legend
Mar 15, 2004
Gumnut Cottage
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Arsenal, GWS Giants

This is disappointing, they're moving to Fridays at 4PM-6PM on 3MP next year. I have to assume this was an ABC decision.

Hopefully their quality is still as good as ever and I can still enjoy them on Saturday mornings as a podcast.

I read somewhere that it was ultimately theirs although who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

Given we’re such creatures of habit I’m not sure how it will go on a Friday afternoon - particularly when people are largely still at work. Plus they’ll lose a significant chunk of the two hours to ads.

Perhaps one for the podcast next year.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Will never forget the song they did about Steve O'Dwyer sung to the melody of Bruce Springsteens 'I'm on fire'

The Blueseum

History of the Carlton Football Club
Jul 26, 2007
Princes Park
AFL Club
Carlton
The Danny Del Re song was my favourite, if it is online please let me know.

Always loved the Coodabeens, listened to them every week in the 1990s, even won a weekly competition.

Funny how things turn out, last few years I have done some work with Torch.

Back