Current Cook Family Circus - a non crime

Remove this Banner Ad

CD Xbow

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I couldn't find anywhere better to post this. https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...s/news-story/8613a9156877d0cca3e2d3148767c5d8 An article from 2018 gives the coverage at the time. https://www.qt.com.au/news/brother-sister-actress-named-in-circus-child-abuse/3330309/ I read about it at the time and thought it seemed unlikely, the folks involved didn't seem like the types and the claims were pretty outrageous.

Essentially on the basis of testimony of 3 boys, members of the Cook Family circus were charged with up to 126 charges of committing sadistic sex acts and blood rituals, and the kidnapping of three children under 10, one as young as three, and another 7, between 2014 and 2016. The family running the circus school were accused of using the children for vial acts that included eyeball piercing, biting a boys penis and lifting him up, blood sucking as well as rape, including encouraging their children to have sex with the 3 boys. Most of the accused have been incarcerated for over 200 days. It seems that it was only during a request for bail that someone showed some common sense:

“When a Supreme Court bail application was heard by Justice Lonergan he found the allegations “bizarre, implausible, and in some cases, are described by paediatric experts to be physically impossible.” He granted bail to the two applicants and the others were released as well. Also last year one of the boys wrote a note to her mother saying: “Mum I’m really sorry I’ve been lying about the whole thing.

Even now the bloody NSW coppers want to proceed with it and won't give up:

“It remains the strong recommendation of the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad that the matters proceed before the court and a review has been requested,” the statement said

Last Friday every single charge against every accused person was dropped, with the Magistrate saying there was no evidence to support the charges. Sixty minutes has an upcoming story on it.

How did such an outrageous story get legs?

Why do the coppers want to proceed still with it?

Essentially on the basis of testimony of 3 boys, members of the Cook Family circus were charged with up to 126 charges of committing sadistic sex acts and blood rituals, and the kidnapping of three children under 10, one as young as three, and another 7, between 2014 and 2016. The family running the circus school were accused of using the children for vial acts that included eyeball piercing, biting a boys penis and lifting him up, blood sucking as well as rape, including encouraging their children to have sex with the 3 boys. Most of the accused have been incarcerated for over 200 days. It seems that it was only during a request for bail that someone showed some common sense:

Shades of hysteria around satanic panic, it's astonishing such outlandish stories with no supporting evidence still get a run. It happens time and again and every time it does, damage is done to real victims of crime who get pushed to the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back