******* Cooked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Something needs to change you can't be hamstrung by bad decisions you still need some flexibility to sack people surely.
How many coaches have been sacked before their last year since 2016. I can't think of one off the top of my head. Eade wasn't renewed so he walked out with a few games to go so no cap likely to be broken as caretaker type coach wouldn't be paid that much.

The AFL are control freaks. They don't want money pissed up against the wall to fix up bad decisions like us with Williams, Neeld at Melbourne, Watters at St Kilda, Sanderson at the crows etc. They are bank guarantors for 10 or 11 clubs, they give extra distributions to 14 or 15, so they want to control the purse strings and slowly but surely clubs are becoming franchises.

Why do you reckon clubs have to set up coaching panels, with AFL experts on them both in terms of ex coaches and HR type consultants?

How many coaches have been sacked before their last year since 2016. I can't think of one off the top of my head. Eade wasn't renewed so he walked out with a few games to go so no cap likely to be broken as caretaker type coach wouldn't be paid that much.

The AFL are control freaks. They don't want money pissed up against the wall to fix up bad decisions like us with Williams, Neeld at Melbourne, Watters at St Kilda, Sanderson at the crows etc. They are bank guarantors for 10 or 11 clubs, they give extra distributions to 14 or 15, so they want to control the purse strings and slowly but surely clubs are becoming franchises.

Why do you reckon clubs have to set up coaching panels, with AFL experts on them both in terms of ex coaches and HR type consultants?
I know why it's happening it's just wrong it's creating limbo lands where clubs will just tread water waiting for the final year of a contract before taking action & coaches have too much of a comfort zone.

Done with losing. If you think this doesn't warrant a thread. Me and my wife travel 3 and half hours for this ********. I'm now talking for country members that have to travel. I'm fving over this ****. It's not a cheap weekend away. I could easily go fishing or get some oysters or something. I'm sick and tired of losing to these campaigners. We need to do something. This is not my Port Adelaide.
Same, travel is a killer - already decided this week that if we don’t bring in a forward and AJ keeps his spot..... The $1.65 per litre on petrol can stay at the servo.

Over the last few weeks, I have found myself much more interested in following the fortunes of Tsitsipas during the tennis clay court season, and the "Greek Freak" and Milwaukee Bucks in the NBA play-offs. To put this in context, I have never, ever followed the NBA and have had scant interest in tennis.

Deep down, I was more anxious to see Tsitsipas beat Nadal last night than a Hinkley-coached Port beat the Crows.

That is how disillusioned and ambivalent I have become about the PAFC and the AFL more generally.

The thing is only in Aussie Rules are head coaches protected every other major code the head coach is held accountable is sacked no piss balling around only here we have the mindset oh please give them more time

Well 7 years Kenneth and delivered us Jack s!

Write a letter to the CEO stating your position, sooner or later they will have to take notice.

Exactly, anytime a person does not attend, let the club know exactly why, in writing. membership@pafc.com.au is one email to use. I'm sure they will love to hear from you. Unfortunately for now, it is the only way they will take notice and even then it will take time. So keep emailing, every time every supporter does not attend a game. Let them know why.silence is not an option.

We were in even worse position in 2010 after we renewed Choco but still had the balls to sack him and wear it.

And that initiated this era of untold success. I thought he had to go at the time but I wonder if we are better off now given the events of the last decade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does our club receive any benefit from the dollars I spend inside the ground on gameday?
If not, I'm not sure how an 11 game members non-attendance affects our bottom line.

I will be there, but I'm curious.
Personally I don't believe in not showing up as the way to send a message, I think it just gets us one step closer to moving to Tassie.
I also think the majority of players make the effort and deserve our respect.

For those doing long roadtrips and burning a dollar every 10 kilometres, it is understandable though.

Does our club receive any benefit from the dollars I spend inside the ground on gameday?
If not, I'm not sure how an 11 game members non-attendance affects our bottom line.

I will be there, but I'm curious.
Personally I don't believe in not showing up as the way to send a message, I think it just gets us one step closer to moving to Tassie.
I also think the majority of players make the effort and deserve our respect.

For those doing long roadtrips and burning a dollar every 10 kilometres, it is understandable though.

Maybe they gat a cut from sales revenue inside the ground ? Certainly they get merchandise, not sure about if they get a cut from Food/Drinks revenue.

Just sends a message that people are sick of the BS, but if you want to make a financial statement only way is not buying memberships. A lot of people have done that this year (or dropped to a 3 game) and i suspect a lot more will next year.

As has already been pointed out by other posters, renewing memberships but not attending games is the lesser of two evils from a financial hit point of view, and would hopefully get the message across to those running the club that supporters have had enough of their arrogance and incompetence.

Re that incompetence, I'm no great fan of the AFL, but I can understand why their response to Koch and co if there is any attempt to unload Hinkley before his contract is up would be along the lines of - you made your own bed so ******* lay in it!

Hopefully they would look favourably at a sideways move and a new position along the lines of a succession process, but I won't be holding my breath waiting for the peanuts running the club to either do it, or more to the point do it correctly!

Over the last few weeks, I have found myself much more interested in following the fortunes of Tsitsipas during the tennis clay court season, and the "Greek Freak" and Milwaukee Bucks in the NBA play-offs. To put this in context, I have never, ever followed the NBA and have had scant interest in tennis.

Deep down, I was more anxious to see Tsitsipas beat Nadal last night than a Hinkley-coached Port beat the Crows.

That is how disillusioned and ambivalent I have become about the PAFC and the AFL more generally.[/QUOTE

I absolutely get that sentiment. Am the same.
This is a ****house town to live in as a Port supporter these days.
Never thought the day would come where I would feel so despondent.

If I could find a way to leave behind my obsession with BF, I reckon I could find a way to believe that PAFC doesn’t exist at all, or is just some annoying background noise.

On another topic, how easy is it be the Crows management?
Their actual customers are happy to be middle of the road.
Plus how many ghost supporters do they have on top of of that.

The number of people I meet or know who say they don’t follow the AFL.
But then one day, out of the blue, they say they follow the Crows, just because everyone else does. But they actually know nothing about the Crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just went through a weekend of footy, without watching a minute of another match, and without checking any of the other scores. That's how cooked my interest in AFL and Port Adelaide is. I also left Adelaide Oval 2 minutes before the final siren sounded for the first time ever, because I didn't want to be stopped and forced to wait for Don Pyke and his assistants to leave the stands as I was leaving.

I am now at the stage where I am I trying to talk my 76 yo father and 12 yo daughter (my usual companions at AO matches) out of going to games.

What has this club done to me?

I watched no footy this weekend and only checked our game on my phone.
I had family commitments but normally I would still show more interest in the games.
Ken has sucked the (footy) life out of me and I dont like it, I need to see something, ******* anything, to show light at the end of the tunnel but I'm seeing a big fat nothing...

I honestly can handle losing.

I can't handle seeing us pick and choose when to take the game on and put in effort

I can't handle co captains who are put in due the excuse of 'success' only for us to be 4 4 and losing to teams as s**t as Adelaide

I can't handle a selection policy based around overthought strategy and golden passes rather than just picking on form

Honestly felt better about this club in 2012 than I do now.

I have a theory, of course without evidence but when an usual situation exists that keeps repeating with little or no change, something as they say, is not right in Denmark.

First of all, Koch was not elected by members. Koch is a media person who resides in another state and was approached and placed in the position by the AFL (approved by the board because they couldn't refuse the governing body.)

Koch's sole purpose is to increase finances, not to carry on the PAFC legacy or promote the Creed. To change the culture of the club by removing tradition (co captaincy, acceptance of being middle range, small club punching about our weight etc, not standing up for the club etc ). Koch is an AFL puppet, and a dangerous one because he holds the position that could destroy everything that has taken 170 years to build. What does he care. He lives in Sydney, by the harbour somewhere no doubt and is served fish eggs for breakfast.

Hinkley was put in the position by Koch. Hinkley is not there to win premierships or be overly successful. The AFL do not want PAFC in the AFL to be like PAFC in the SANFL. Middle range is fine. For his "efforts", he is awarded about a million dollars a year. When you look at his style of coaching (sipping coke in the coaches box and not much else going on, his defeatest comments are games, his over the top positive descriptions of the opposition, his reluctance to accept blame, the unexplainable selections, team structure, game plan or lack of it - over so many years, there are only 2 outcomes. He is either a total clueless mooron and or he is part of the double actmwith Koch, acting to instructions, and therefore quite successful in his duplicity.

In this his scenario, everything that is said and done or not said or done, starts to make a lot more sense. Either way, we have a problem Houston.

I honestly can handle losing.

I can't handle seeing us pick and choose when to take the game on and put in effort

I can't handle co captains who are put in due the excuse of 'success' only for us to be 4 4 and losing to teams as **** as Adelaide

I can't handle a selection policy based around overthought strategy and golden passes rather than just picking on form

Honestly felt better about this club in 2012 than I do now.

Took the words right out of my mouth! I’ve no confidence in anything Port / footy related and going to games at AO in recent years feels like such a chore! I love AFL but seriously despise every gimmick that Port rolls out on game day now at AO! Ffs entertain us members with positive attacking footy.. not fricken air guitars and love matches.
PAFC have lost their way.. it should always be Football before being liked/ ratings/ gimmicks etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hinkleys selections and refusals to make changes in game is the reason we are 4-4 not 7-1.

Pathetic this clown is coaching at AFL level. That is the difference between top 4, possibly top 2 and possibly not making finals all together.

Win those games (as we should have) and even with our injuries we possibly go into the bye at 10-1. Then in the second half of the year we start to bring back Robbie, Dixon, Ebo, Hartlett, Wines, Hopefully Watts at seasons end.

Hinkleys ignorance and arrogance has cost us a real shot at the top 2 and possibly a flag.

Unforgivable.

Done with losing. If you think this doesn't warrant a thread. Me and my wife travel 3 and half hours for this ********. I'm now talking for country members that have to travel. I'm fving over this ****. It's not a cheap weekend away. I could easily go fishing or get some oysters or something. I'm sick and tired of losing to these campaigners. We need to do something. This is not my Port Adelaide.
Couldn't agree more.
I'm 10 minutes from the oval and i don't even bother to go and watch this sh*t.

I'm 4 1/2 hr drive. If I had the money I'd fly to the interstate games instead of buying a membership. What sort of team shows more heart and sole away from their home ground with 40,000+ feral Port supporters shouting you over the finish line? How can a coaching panel not devise a local advantage on a ground that they play on 98% more often than 94% of the rest of the competition? Maybe, rather than NTUA, we should be singing "get a haircut and get a real job" in the lead up to the opening bounce.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back