MilitaryLC

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2018
On a dirt track.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Done with losing. If you think this doesn't warrant a thread. Me and my wife travel 3 and half hours for this bullshit. I'm now talking for country members that have to travel. I'm fving over this s**t. It's not a cheap weekend away. I could easily go fishing or get some oysters or something. I'm sick and tired of losing to these campaigners. We need to do something. This is not my Port Adelaide.

Done with losing. If you think this doesn't warrant a thread. Me and my wife travel 3 and half hours for this ********. I'm now talking for country members that have to travel. I'm fving over this ****. It's not a cheap weekend away. I could easily go fishing or get some oysters or something. I'm sick and tired of losing to these campaigners. We need to do something. This is not my Port Adelaide.

I feel for you but we need to concentrate our efforts on getting the Sack Hinkley thread to Part 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Done with losing. If you think this doesn't warrant a thread. Me and my wife travel 3 and half hours for this ********. I'm now talking for country members that have to travel. I'm fving over this ****. It's not a cheap weekend away. I could easily go fishing or get some oysters or something. I'm sick and tired of losing to these campaigners. We need to do something. This is not my Port Adelaide.

I don’t mind losing as long as we see the kids developing and all players trying.

Like yourself I decided to give up but for me that started bounce down last night. Whhen my wife ask to go out for dinner, for crappy noodles just before bounce down, I accepted.

Last night was a s**t show and decided at the selection table. Sure we have a number of outs effecting our performance but playing without a full forward or centre half forward should cost Ken his head.

I’ll stand by my club but I’m questioning why I do. Hopefully the club deals with Ken sooner than later and give us a reason to believe again.

The club made a mistake to renew his contract, but what could they do now?? They cannot afford to terminate his contract now... but if we have to wait for another 2 years, we will lose more and more fans. I don’t know...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Then the club should tell him they made a mistake and reign in his power.

Castrate him.

If he doesnt like it then he can leave.

It's gotten to this point!

The only way the club will earn the respect back from the fans is to take a stand, show some Port Adelaide grit and sack him what ever it takes. The supporters will then believe the club is on the same page as us and will back them in.

Then the club should tell him they made a mistake and reign in his power.

Castrate him.

If he doesnt like it then he can leave.

It's gotten to this point!

Shuffle the deck. Put either Monty or Schofield head coach. Voss as waterboy & Hinkley can hold up the signs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club made a mistake to renew his contract, but what could they do now?? They cannot afford to terminate his contract now... but if we have to wait for another 2 years, we will lose more and more fans. I don’t know...

We were in even worse position in 2010 after we renewed Choco but still had the balls to sack him and wear it.

Write a letter to the CEO stating your position, sooner or later they will have to take notice.

I would like the club to move Ken to the side and give him a job that he is good at and pay out his contract over a greater time frame than he is currently on to make up the difference.
Then appoint J Schofield into the senior job and give him the job to develop things his way over a period of time.
Ken owes the club the decency to give it the opportunity to move on from him and he should put his hand up for the good of all. As seriously he does not have the aptitude to take the playing group to the next level.

Feel for you mate.

Not sure I could drive 3.5 hours every home game, or 5 or 6 of them, and think about the game and think how predictable it will be, how we will do the same dumb thing we always do and tease us. The drive back must be bloody hard.

We were in even worse position in 2010 after we renewed Choco but still had the balls to sack him and wear it.
Who was the last coach to be sacked whilst in contract? Sando?
And I reckon the Coaches Association, the AFL and Sando didn’t kick up a stink because of the extenuating circumstances, if you know what I mean.
It wouldn’t be so easy with Ken.

There was no footy department cap and 100% tax for overspend in 2010. That made the decision easier.

When we were forced to give Choco an answer by 30 June 2009 thanks to the Ricky Nixon clause, we extended his contract with reduced salary and extra conditions and KPI's. I don't think the AFL allow for that flexibility these days given how much extra beneficial conditions the coaches association has negotiated this decade.

I know where you are coming from as it takes me 1.5 hours to catch the train to a game and I reduced my membership last year and I am contemplating pulling the pin entirely next year. The Club has a big decision to make some time soon but the problem is they have neither the footy smarts or the balls to make it.

As members we have no say any more and we are simply expected to go along with the corporate model that has taken over our Club. We have a Board that is appointed by the AFL and when you look closely at it over half of them have absolutely no football background. What would Koch, Vanstone, Restas, Cardone and Ransom know about running a football club? Prior to 2012 none of them had any real involvement with the game let alone the PAFC, at least none that I can find.

Somehow the PAFC Members need to make a public stand. We could always use the link below. That would make two 'Sack Koch' petitions on the go. The one in existence already has 135,000 signatures calling upon Channel Seven to sack Kochie. :rolleyes:

https://www.change.org/start-a-peti...Bw4rCh3H1guqEAAYASAAEgJJGvD_BwE&inspvar=false

There was no footy department cap and 100% tax for overspend in 2010. That made the decision easier.

When we were forced to give Choco an answer by 30 June 2009 thanks to the Ricky Nixon clause, we extended his contract with reduced salary and extra conditions and KPI's. I don't think the AFL allow for that flexibility these days given how much extra beneficial conditions the coaches association has negotiated this decade.
Something needs to change you can't be hamstrung by bad decisions you still need some flexibility to sack people surely.

yep, that's what it's like now.

we'll be lucky to get 25k next week against Gold Coast given the 12.40 sunday slot.
I hope we do it’s also forcast to rain so good !

The only thing this regime seems to fear more than upsetting Ken is going back to the tarps

Remove this Banner Ad

Back