Cool Gadgets you own

Remove this Banner Ad

5709686_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

My favourite tech toy since I purchased it on Boxing Day 2018 :D.

It's basically an android media box, plays games (both retro and current!), watch videos. I'm one happy camper :D

What can you play on it? XBOX1? PS4? Switch? How does it work?

Ive got a beautiful French Cork Screw I got from my first trip to Paris many years ago
Its pretty useless now with screw caps but its still a nice gadget

Picked up a Le Creuset WT-110W waiters friend when I was working behind a bar in the UK. It's opened thousands of bottles of beer and wine over the years and looks like it's still brand new. Definitely recommended, it's a buy it for life item.

1552900221363.png

I have a virtual pinball machine that originally came with 10 marvel tables. I hacked it and have added over 100 more. I think it's pretty cool.

I have a virtual pinball machine that originally came with 10 marvel tables. I hacked it and have added over 100 more. I think it's pretty cool.

The T2 arcade1up machine has caught my eye!

The T2 arcade1up machine has caught my eye!
Hard to get a lot of their stuff in aus as they pick and choose what the release over here. I'm really wanting to find big buck hunter and golden tee for a decent price.

Probably my Leatherman is my favourite gadget
Definitely a handy gadget.

Team it up with one of these bad boys, some bits and drivers and you quite the arsenal for home maintenance.
2022-07-13_9-10-59.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Work bought me a Leatherman Wave+ recently as a reward for being a busy little bee.

buzz, buzz, buzz

Last edited:
Bit of a tightarse usually, but spent $250 on a heated jacket a few months ago. Despite being asked by every prick that sees the light when its on "is that a heated jacket?" usually followed by "does it work" or "are you warm?" still one of the best purchases I've made
M12HJBLACKX0_HERO_01.png

Anyone got anything new?

398321-Product-0-I_540x540.jpg

Picked up a Garmin Fenix 6X Pro watch for running last year and have found it's incredibly useful for tracking walks, squash, driving range and cycling in addition to running. What surprised me most though is that it also tracks individual golf courses and acts as a range finder for each hole, as well as keeping track of your rounds and score. Best purchase I've made as someone who's reasonably active.

I really want a Garmin, but they have a bunch of different functions that are illegal for sailing

Was at a regatta a couple of years ago where the winner got disqualified on protest for wearing one

398321-Product-0-I_540x540.jpg

Picked up a Garmin Fenix 6X Pro watch for running last year and have found it's incredibly useful for tracking walks, squash, driving range and cycling in addition to running. What surprised me most though is that it also tracks individual golf courses and acts as a range finder for each hole, as well as keeping track of your rounds and score. Best purchase I've made as someone who's reasonably active.
How much is that one?

jogger-t1-cloth-fabric-portable-bluetooth-mini-speaker-with-alarm-clock-500x500.jpg

I saw a Batman clock radio bluetooth speaker (attached a photo of probably the original device before it was Batman-fied - the Batman logo is white and covers the speaker mesh).

EDIT Found a picture of the Batman version online

s-l1600.jpg

02zyvqclLRRL6f29Hwk3kDi-3.fit_lim.size_1200x630.v1619534593.jpg

It's pretty nifty, but it actually inspired me to look into a different option for a wireless speaker and I settled on the JBL Charge 5

It's a pretty nifty speaker, I settled on it after doing some research (well aware there are better options.... but also more expensive). This was originally $200, got it for $168. I know the Charge 4 and Flip 4/5 can be had for $119ish (Amazon Prime Day deals etc).

Last edited:
del8914bl_1.webp
61DqbVkyBSL._SL1001_.jpg

Double edge safety razor + blades. Much cheaper in the long-term over a cartridge razor and gives a closer shave to boot!

Takes a little bit of learning and the upfront cost is a little high (~$100) but I've used the same razor + pack of blades for 3+ years without problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back