Politics Coon cheese?

change the name?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Or names that may be deemed offensive in future, just not now. I'm sure the name Karen has dropped dramatically as a new baby name in recent times and will probably be considered a form of bullying and offensive eventually.
That's the nature of language and human communication though. It evolves alongside society.

Does this mean I can take offence on behalf of all the Karens I know? How about just all the Karens? Can I?

I've never taken offence on behalf of someone else before, truly liberating!

Starting to understand the attraction of woke now!

And if you get your head out of its perpetual victim mentality, my point was relevant to that

It's a nothing name. It means nothing special and isn't sacred or special in any way. So if it's upsetting people, why not change it.

And it's ******* cheap cheese. Let's not pretend it's an iconic Australian product, it's outsold by most other brands in the market

How many people defending the name only want to do so to piss Aboriginals and lefties off?

Perpetual victim mentality. lol. Settle petal, maybe time to wash the sand out of your nickers.

'It's a nothing name' Oh I agree, so why is there need to change the name of a cheese brand? If it's such a nothing name why are people taking offence when it leads to a company having to re brand cheese because of a coincidence? Or did Coons ancestors decide to adopt this name just to piss the few easily triggered in the future? They must've known right? Evil bastards I say! Carn Ned let's gather pitch forks.

'And it's ******* cheap cheese. Let's not pretend it's an iconic Australian product, it's outsold by most other brands in the market'

^ Who gives a fcuk? That's not important in context of what the point of the thread is, or are you just s**t at reading between the lines?

'How many people defending the name only want to do so to piss Aboriginals and lefties off?'

^ Riiigghhhtt, so it's a conspiracy then, you know how ridiculous that sounds right - everyone using this for an ulterior motive. How about this, look up the word practical - then you might get an idea of why some are in opposition to the name change.

And anyone with surnames:

Black
Brown
Yellow
White (edit this is excused apparently).
Glasscock
Cockburn
Green (coz it might offend the greens or greens voters or even their opposition, just at the mention of 'green')

Or any name that someone somewhere might take offence to, these are just off the top of my head.

This seems to be the point of the thread right?
Interestingly, many colours appear as surnames, either singly (Black) or extended (Blackwell), but I’ve never come across (but possibly exist in other languages) Yellow or Orange. Nor Red, on its own, just Redpath, Redland etc. Names are part of history, which explains why the woke are keen to cancel it, pretend it never happened, or ascribe modern values to events in the past and condemn and punish retrospectively.

And anyone with surnames:

Black
Brown
Yellow
White (edit this is excused apparently).
Glasscock
Cockburn
Green (coz it might offend the greens or greens voters or even their opposition, just at the mention of 'green')

Or any name that someone somewhere might take offence to, these are just off the top of my head.

This seems to be the point of the thread right?

Pick up a texta and write coon on your car. Buy a coon sticker. Go outside and scream it loudly. Whisper it in your mum's ear.

Whats stopping you? Nothing. That's free speech.

Perpetual victim mentality. lol. Settle petal, maybe time to wash the sand out of your nickers.

'It's a nothing name' Oh I agree, so why is there need to change the name of a cheese brand? If it's such a nothing name why are people taking offence when it leads to a company having to re brand cheese because of a coincidence? Or did Coons ancestors decide to adopt this name just to piss the few easily triggered in the future? They must've known right? Evil bastards I say! Carn Ned let's gather pitch forks.

'And it's ******* cheap cheese. Let's not pretend it's an iconic Australian product, it's outsold by most other brands in the market'

^ Who gives a fcuk? That's not important in context of what the point of the thread is, or are you just sh*t at reading between the lines?

'How many people defending the name only want to do so to piss Aboriginals and lefties off?'

^ Riiigghhhtt, so it's a conspiracy then, you know how ridiculous that sounds right - everyone using this for an ulterior motive. How about this, look up the word practical - then you might get an idea of why some are in opposition to the name change.

You seem a bit of a snowflake, I mean getting this upset by a change of cheese name.

So there’s a Coon dairy on the border, but luckily for them it’s not a problem according to Hagan...

“Dr Hagan said he did not have a problem with Coon appearing on delivery trucks as opposed to being on cheese packets.

"If it's somebody's name and they're Australian I'm not too interested," he said.”

Pick up a texta and write coon on your car. Buy a coon sticker. Go outside and scream it loudly. Whisper it in your mum's ear.

Whats stopping you? Nothing. That's free speech.

Why would I do that?, why don't you? What's stopping you?

That's free speech, it means you have a right to it (and its consequences) it also means you have a right not to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem a bit of a snowflake, I mean getting this upset by a change of cheese name.

Do tell what makes you think I'm 'upset'?, are you assuming emotions from behind a keyboard? If so you'd be wrong.

Maybe read the post again, it's not a 'rant', it explains the coincidence of someones name also being an offensive term, neither are related.

Could you please explain to us all how you correlate this explanation with me being an upset snowflake. Or did you forget to engage your brain before putting keyboard into gear?

Do tell what makes you think I'm 'upset'?, are you assuming emotions from behind a keyboard? If so you'd be wrong.

Maybe read the post again, it's not a 'rant', it explains the coincidence of someones name also being an offensive term, neither are related.

Could you please explain to us all how you correlate this explanation with me being an upset snowflake. Or did you forget to engage your brain before putting keyboard into gear?

It still seems like you are upset...

It still seems like you are upset...

That is not an explanation. Read that post again and then explain.

How is it that my explaining someones surname coincides as a derogatory term and fair reasons why the brand name should not change as my 'upset snowflake' disposition? Could you perhaps extrapolate on the word 'seems'? Or is seems, because of what you think, apply to everyone else?

I'm curious, and I'd guess I'm not alone, as to how you gauge an emotion of another poster from your keyboard let alone haven't met.

Changing of one brand name from Coon to Cheer gets a lot of people hot under the collar. What a sad bunch of muppets to get upset about a commercial decision to change a product name

Changing of one brand name from Coon to Cheer gets a lot of people hot under the collar. What a sad bunch of muppets to get upset about a commercial decision to change a product name

A company decides to change a brand name from Cheer to Coon. You should see what happens next!

A company decides to change a brand name from Cheer to Coon. You should see what happens next!

Coon is a poor product in a commodity market

Want to know what determines who sells more block cheddar each week? Whoever is on sale.

Reality is the people upset on this from both sides don't eat this cheese.

Back