Politics Coon cheese?

change the name?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Offended? Where did I state I was offended? Just because I'm in opposition to impracticality does not conflate to offence. You're assuming I'm offended, sorry not the case.

Hilarious? How do you find this funny? I thought this was a serious subject.

Offensive terms are serious right? Of course they are, you're forgetting the intent. Maybe just maybe have a look at the intent.
b

Offend = certainly not! It's a surname that existed before the term was used to offend. Comprende?
Oh, you're offended champ. You are very offended.

You can't handle a name change of a ****ing cheese for God's sake, and it has got you steamed up no end. A cheese!

It's really funny to watch, because you are doing the very thing you are criticizing others for (ie getting offended!).

You guys? You mean me? I've called him a premiership hero, our quarterback, are you going to take offence on Heritier's behalf? When I label him in reverence? Is that what is has come to now?

When you label him. Now we are getting somewhere.

So it's ok for you to label someone, but it's not ok for someone else to put a label on cheese?

Oh, you're offended champ. You are very offended.

You can't handle a name change of a ****ing cheese for God's sake, and it has got you steamed up no end. A cheese!

It's really funny to watch, because you are doing the very thing you are criticizing others about (ie getting offended!).

Ok, no need to get your nickers in a knot.

Do tell, how do you conclude that I'm offended from behind a keyboard, with a very high likelihood you've never met me? Are you a mind reader from afar?

Again, you're assuming without any evidence.

It's not the name change that I'm in opposition (that word to you obviously means offended) to, it's the why. Why is it deemed necessary to change a cheese brand name because of coincidence? Obviously because it offends some not the majority, some.

Again, where do you, I or anyone else draw the line? Knowing that whatever someone says / does, someone, somewhere IS going to offence. Not debatable.

So knowing that how is it possible to appease all and sundry? Well it isn't, appease the majority first, not the minority.

When you label him. Now we are getting somewhere.

So it's ok for you to label someone, but it's not ok for someone else to put a label on cheese?

You do realize that a label is not representative of derogatory right? Again, I'll reiterate Heritier IS and always WILL BE a premiership hero.

Please explain how this is not ok.

But they're only 'offended' by a name people know. He's already said he took offence to Coon cheese but zero offence to Coon Dairy in Victoria because there isn't enough media coverage to be gained out of going after small businesses...

there is no "coon dairy" in victoria

no cheese factory (of any size) makes only one brand of cheese (outside the old kraft processed cheese monstrosity)

pretty much every cheddar line across the country makes multiple specs of cheddar and block cheese (the equipment is basically the same, you just change the settings).

Generic cheeses like coon, south cape, and devondale are able to be made essentially at any dairy in the companies network. This allows them to not non-supply if one part of the state/country is hit by drought and cannot keep production up.

More importantly, no mid/large sized cheese manufacturer in australia has any cheese plant that focuses primarily on the domestic market (except King Island). Export is where the vast majority of their volume goes. Coon would be SFA of what Saputo make at that plant (and ive been in most of the Bega and Saputo factories - and a few of the Fonterra ones)

there is no "coon dairy" in victoria

no cheese factory (of any size) makes only one brand of cheese (outside the old kraft processed cheese monstrosity)

pretty much every cheddar line across the country makes multiple specs of cheddar and block cheese (the equipment is basically the same, you just change the settings).

Generic cheeses like coon, south cape, and devondale are able to be made essentially at any dairy in the companies network. This allows them to not non-supply if one part of the state/country is hit by drought and cannot keep production up.

More importantly, no mid/large sized cheese manufacturer in australia has any cheese plant that focuses primarily on the domestic market (except King Island). Export is where the vast majority of their volume goes. Coon would be SFA of what Saputo make at that plant (and ive been in most of the Bega and Saputo factories - and a few of the Fonterra ones)

A quick google search would be helpful before you tell people it doesn't exist ;)

A quick google search would be helpful before you tell people it doesn't exist ;)

its not Coon Dairy dumbarse - its KW S Coon, who trade as Coon's Wodonga Dairy. They are a shitty distributor.

how are you anyway squib, still deceiving and lying i see. still claiming noone will employ you because of discrimination?

its not Coon Dairy dumbarse - its KW S Coon, who trade as Coon's Wodonga Dairy. They are a shitty distributor.

how are you anyway squib, still deceiving and lying i see. still claiming noone will employ you because of discrimination?

Well if you read the post properly moron, you'd realise I was clearly indicating a completely different company, one which drives around Wodonga with Coons Dairy plastered over their trucks, but that's not offensive because they're a small business, nothing to be made out of going after them, exactly what I said.

But you like going off on wild tangents, still waiting for you to show me where I hated the lockdown because I couldn't go out for a drink...

Well if you read the post properly moron, you'd realise I was clearly indicating a completely different company, one which drives around Wodonga with Coons Dairy plastered over their trucks, but that's not offensive because they're a small business, nothing to be made out of going after them, exactly what I said.

But you like going off on wild tangents, still waiting for you to show me where I hated the lockdown because I couldn't go out for a drink...

no, you had an epic melt and said you were gunna leave the state because you couldnt have a drink at the cricket club. you also have claimed to be on the dole and the aged pension. you're a liar and a squib

no, you had an epic melt and said you were gunna leave the state because you couldnt have a drink at the cricket club. you also have claimed to be on the dole and the aged pension. you're a liar and a squib

Never claimed to be on the aged pension and it had absolutely nothing to do with having a drink at the cricket club. But that's your m.o, make outrageous lies and keep repeating them expecting them to come true.

Are you actually Dan Andrews?

Never claimed to be on the aged pension and it had absolutely nothing to do with having a drink at the cricket club. But that's your m.o, make outrageous lies and keep repeating them expecting them to come true.

Are you actually Dan Andrews?

laughable considering you also claimed he was secretly moving to QLD during the lockdown, and in probably the single dumbest thing ever written on bigfooty - you claimed Andrews was forced to mandate masks by Xi

you are a serial liar, as you try to win kudos with your other tin foil hat conspiracy nutters. head over to that board and live in fear of 5g towers together

laughable considering you also claimed he was secretly moving to QLD during the lockdown, and in probably the single dumbest thing ever written on bigfooty - you claimed Andrews was forced to mandate masks by Xi

you are a serial liar, as you try to win kudos with your other tin foil hat conspiracy nutters. head over to that board and live in fear of 5g towers together

Never said Dan secretly moved to QLD, be a bit hard to do when doing his daily wankfest. I do miss that Dan, when he had no time to bitch about every little leftist issue because he had a pandemic to deal with. Luckily for everyone he's got nothing to do now and can concentrate on the big issues, like who's getting an honour on Australia Day...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe how fragrantly the C-word has been thrown around in this thread, particularly by many who are railing against it.

Shame on you. SHAME.

Fragrantly? If nothing else this thread has been useful in outing the cheese snobs. The bourgeois Coon cancellers will be first against the wall...

Absolutely. What about insisting that Nigeria or Niger in Western Africa be made to change their names as well. As well as renaming the of the Niger River.
So you're including words that are spelt differently and pronounced differently to racial slurs?
The cheese name change has clearly left you distraught. Let's hope nothing more profound happens in your lifetime.

Ok, no need to get your nickers in a knot.

Do tell, how do you conclude that I'm offended from behind a keyboard, with a very high likelihood you've never met me? Are you a mind reader from afar?

Again, you're assuming without any evidence.

It's not the name change that I'm in opposition (that word to you obviously means offended) to, it's the why. Why is it deemed necessary to change a cheese brand name because of coincidence? Obviously because it offends some not the majority, some.

Again, where do you, I or anyone else draw the line? Knowing that whatever someone says / does, someone, somewhere IS going to offence. Not debatable.

So knowing that how is it possible to appease all and sundry? Well it isn't, appease the majority first, not the minority.
I've concluded that you are offended by your posts. That's the evidence.

And if you weren't offended by the name change, you wouldn't even care about the underlying reason why it was changed.

No, I haven't met you, as you haven't met those who you presume are offended by the name (post #417). But I have your posts to go by, unlike you with them.

A cheese has changed its name. That it has, and why it has, doesn't matter. Move on.

I've concluded that you are offended by your posts. That's the evidence.

And if you weren't offended by the name change, you wouldn't even care about the underlying reason why it was changed.

No, I haven't met you, as you haven't met those who you presume are offended by the name (post #417). But I have your posts to go by, unlike you with them.

A cheese has changed its name. That it has, and why it has, doesn't matter. Move on.

You can't assume one's position from behind a keyboard and conclude it as fact.

You're going off a tangent trying to convince yourself that I'm offended to somehow bolster your argument that it's 'just a name change move on'.

It's the why that is important in context, just because I'm in opposition of the why does not correlate to me taking offence.

Now, if you can raise a practical argument for the why then you have an argument. If not there's no real point in continuing discussion because you refuse to actually analyse the why.

Here's a clue, the name is in coincidence to an offensive term, and it's highly likely the word was a name before it was an offensive term. If the name / term was not offensive the name would not be changing in the first place and this thread would not exist.

So you're including words that are spelt differently and pronounced differently to racial slurs?
The cheese name change has clearly left you distraught. Let's hope nothing more profound happens in your lifetime.

There are people out there that are stupid enough to not know the difference in the pronunciation or spelling in words.

You have obviously not read anything that I have posted on here, as you would realise that what I have said was tongue in cheek.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How long do you give this place?
View attachment 1045602
Forget how long they stay in business, you do realise that these franchises are owned by Barry Fagg, who has just joined the board at your club. How long before the AFL demand he no longer be allowed to serve on the board?

Forget how long they stay in business, you do realise that these franchises are owned by Barry Fagg, who has just joined the board at your club. How long before the AFL demand he no longer be allowed to serve on the board?

you should seriously be spanked.. and hard..

Back