Politics Coon cheese?

change the name?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't be able to order a 'Short Black' coffee soon enough too I bet. There is no boundaries these morons will stop at.
Part of my family has the surname "Black", it wont be long till that is deemed some form of racial appropriation or something and they have to change it the way the woke idiots are carrying on.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This thing comes up constantly, the origin gets explained, then everyone forgets about it for a while.

Eventually the value of the brand will be outweighed by the repeated confusion it causes, and the owner will elect to dump it naturally.

No big deal and not too different to what essentially happened with public figures and the word ‘niggardly’. I suspect the only reason it hasn’t happened already is because it’s the only Australian cheese brand that can compete with Bega for name recognition.

Last edited:
Won't be able to order a 'Short Black' coffee soon enough too I bet. There is no boundaries these morons will stop at.
In the early ‘00s a company I worked for didn’t want to call their trading product “Smalls” because it was pejorative, apparently.

Silliness isn’t a new thing. It just feels like it to many people.

Part of my family has the surname "Black", it wont be long till that is deemed some form of racial appropriation or something and they have to change it the way the woke idiots are carrying on.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It could be worse for them!

I didn't want to start a separate thread for offensive frozen food names, but I believe this ice cream brand name is problematic and possibly insulting to gay people.

Also, the sexual innuendo of the brown nail polish on the hand model holding a stick covered in crumbly old nuts that you put in your mouth is an offensive slur, an affront, an absolute DISGRACE.

We fought tooth and nail for gay rights, and now they want to use it to sell pina colada flavoured ice cream? Paalease!

Bastards! Horrible orrible bastards!

f10964c85d9b496e6391cfbf5c64d25a.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, we have a former Greens MP calling to change the state of Victoria’s name because of...linked to Queen Victoria.

Moreover I doubt the 'progressive left' will stop at State names?

A cursory glance at the origins of our capital city names and you will discover most are related to historical figures of the time who either promoted convict 'slave' labour or supported the discrimination/persecution of Australia's indigenous population...

Re Coco Pops, I guess by extension Chocolate (being Brown) will soon be targeted with racist connotations as well. Fortunately for John Cadbury he was a Quaker (who are historically and typically pacifist) so at least his statue is safe for now...

Just waiting for some loony to suggest any reference to 'BLACK' in any context shall be now called 'Reverse White' - could make the Tigers song a bit hard to sing; 'Cos we're from Tiger-land, Yellow and Reverse White!'..

Moreover I doubt the 'progressive left' will stop at State names?

A cursory glance at the origins of our capital city names and you will discover most are related to historical figures of the time who either promoted convict 'slave' labour or supported the discrimination/persecution of Australia's indigenous population...

Re Coco Pops, I guess by extension Chocolate (being Brown) will soon be targeted with racist connotations as well. Fortunately for John Cadbury he was a Quaker (who are historically and typically pacifist) so at least his statue is safe for now...

Just waiting for some loony to suggest any reference to 'BLACK' in any context shall be now called 'Reverse White' - could make the Tigers song a bit hard to sing; 'Cos we're from Tiger-land, Yellow and Reverse White!'..
Melbourne was named after a pedofile who never set foot in australia. Dont know if he had a slave though so probably ok.

I feel like its even racist if I see something and say "Awww shiiit" in that American slang.

Let's be robots

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Identitarians have decided to redefine everything said by a white person as racist and nothing said by a minority can ever be racist.

problem is racism is only a bad thing if it is defined as discriminating based on race. The identarians are ironically the ones who are racist.

Coon cheese was definitely a bit of a racist joke when I was a kid.

That said, what's next, calling coonskin caps racist? Will Raccoons have to change their name?

Still, in terms of Australian cheese companies, surely Bega Cheese is the more unedible. I have a lifelong cheese phobia, but I can't even eat Bega's other products anymore after their 1990-2005 CEO Maurice Van Ryn was done for serial paedophilia. The idea of eating any of their products physically disgusts me a little. If forced, I'd probably reach for the Coon cheese first.

It was because the Yanks weren't used to the terms. It just wasn't the "done" thing.
White coffee, sure. Until Australian coffee culture made it to the US, ordering your coffee white when you wanted milk/cream would get you a confused look.

On the other hand, ordering your coffee black has been common parlance in the US since time immemorial. Just put on any episode of Twin Peaks from the early '90s. Anyone who told you otherwise was pulling your leg.

Last edited:
Back