Politics Coon cheese?

change the name?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it weird that people have an opinion on the marketing decisions of companies.

I find it weird that companies base their marketing on virtue signalling rather the views of their consumers.

The poll now has 50,400 votes.

Do you think the Coon brand name should be changed? The result still running at

Yes 6%.
No 94%.

I find it weird that companies base their marketing on virtue signalling rather the views of their consumers.

The poll now has 50,400 votes.

Do you think the Coon brand name should be changed? The result still running at

Yes 6%.
No 94%.
Virtue signalling about virtue signalling. So meta.

Who says they did?

Coon is a multi-million dollar brand. It’s very unlikely that its owners have ditched it without far more extensive and scientific market research than an untargeted one-question internet poll.

A quite large street in my town is called Coon St. There have been murmurs of changing it over the years but nothing has ever been done.

Clock is ticking. Will you support the change? Any suggestions?

Don't really care either way. Toomey St would be a good choice, after our three time world CrossFit champion and Commonwealth gold medalist Tia-Clair Toomey.

Leftie statue punchers doing what they do best.. pointless symbolism.

Massive problems with alcohol and drug abuse in Aboriginal communities. Intergenerational poverty. Completely disconnected from the economy. Kids suffering sexual abuse.

The solution? Rename some cheese!!
Then pat themselves on the back for making the world a better place, before moving on to the next thing they can get offended about

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Massive problems with alcohol and drug abuse in Aboriginal communities. Intergenerational poverty. Completely disconnected from the economy. Kids suffering sexual abuse.

Lol you are entertaining, I’ll give you that. :D

Statue punchers? Honey, I'm still an old fashioned tree hugger.

Who says they did?

Coon is a multi-million dollar brand. It’s very unlikely that its owners have ditched it without far more extensive and scientific market research than an untargeted one-question internet poll.

We are living in a world where corporate virtue signalling has a higher value than profits.

I wouldn't claim a Daily Telegraph poll is representative but a 94% vote against changing the brand name might indicate the company got the public mood wrong. Or knew it but chose to ignore it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd imagine this will be like banning climbing Uluru there will be a small section of people annoyed at the whole thing and it will soon be forgotten. Did those guerilla climbs of the rock ever happen?

you imagine a lot i think ....

Paddy Uluru custodian himself of the rock was not phased about climbing it, plenty business lost there, much more than a small section.

Last edited:
I'd imagine this will be like banning climbing Uluru there will be a small section of people annoyed at the whole thing and it will soon be forgotten. Did those guerilla climbs of the rock ever happen?

Probably shopping right now, buying the last cheeses with Coon wrapping (helping the company they're sooking over).

Could be problematic that one.

Crossfit is a racist organisation (CEO posting the Floyd 19 tweet/athletes using the N word)

The CEO is racist and was forced to resign over the comments, which Tia distanced herself from.

The CEO is racist and was forced to resign over the comments, which Tia distanced herself from.

What about the athletes using the N word in group chat?

I doubt the employees who make Coon cheese are racist, but the name of their product must be changed nonetheless.

The only way I see your proposition working is if the brand name CrossFit is changed to something less offensive.

Back