change the name?

• Total voters

GoldenSky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd imagine this will be like banning climbing Uluru there will be a small section of people annoyed at the whole thing and it will soon be forgotten. Did those guerilla climbs of the rock ever happen?
God I hate this sort of statement. No, the whole of Australia was going to be out with their pitchforks, day after day for months, complaining about Coon Cheese.

Perhaps whether something done should be looked at on its merits, rather than whether it received a ferocious response for a lengthy period of time, by people that simply want to live their lives?

The cheese was named after the guy himself, for God's sake. Anyone who claims to be offended by someone's name is seriously mentally not all there.

GoldenSky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
In 20 years lefties will pull down monuments of MLK because the surname "King" will be offensive to descendants of those who suffered under monarchies in the 1500s. Useless perpetual whiners.

EXACYTLY how moronic this is.

There is a new issue in corporate Australia and it goes right down to even small business owners - they are constantly harassed by mafia-like groups who seek to impose their left-wing activism on the brand. People are forced to relent or face personal ruin.

GoldenSky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I find it weird that people have an opinion on the marketing decisions of companies.

Really?

Most people understand marketing decisions of food companies for instance to make the product more memorable, sound more enticing, more healthy perhaps.

No one understands a marketing decision which changes a food brand with well established identity in its sector, because a couple fruit loops think it is racist.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
List of names / nouns that should be cancelled according to the current narrative that I can think of off the top of my head.
  • Allblacks
  • Black caps
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Kansas City Chiefs
  • Washington redskins
  • Redskins confectionary
  • Any name of Black, Brown or White or Green (Green might be specist - reptiles might get offended or someone on their behalf)
  • Colonial brewing
  • Stirling (after the 1st Govenor of WA)
  • Nigeria the nation
  • Commonwealth (coz it represents mother England)
  • United (coz it's not global)
  • Saints (might offend some religious folk for reasons unknown)
  • Gorillaz the band
  • Any animal that may be used in a derogatory manner
  • Ape, Chimpanzee, Baboon, Primate, Gorilla, Chicken, Rooster, Snake
  • Honky
  • Neanderthal
  • Churchie
  • Skip
  • Bogan
  • Cuzzy Bro
  • Reds
  • Snag
  • Lucifer (coz it's the Devils name)
  • Isis (coz it's hijacked for a terrorist org)
  • Cleveland Indians
There's probably not enough real estate on BF to fit everything in and I could not possibly think of them of all.

Anyway sayonara................... hang on can I still use that term?

Anyway auf wiedersehen............. oops wasn't sure on that one.

Anyway Au revoir................... apologies, I'll get there.

Anyway bye love you's

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
So the next step is to eradicate cheese altogether because it might conjure thoughts of the word Coon.

Apparently KFC are ridding their slogan 'finger lickin good' coz it 'doesn't feel right in these times' :think:

So the step after that is eradicate Chickens, that'll make the vegans happy at least! Oh wait!

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Another story from Canada.

HALIFAX — An appeal hearing has been set for a Nova Scotia man fighting the province's decision to revoke a personalized licence plate that bears his surname — Grabher.​
Lorne Grabher says the province infringed on his freedom of expression, but the Nova Scotia Supreme Court said that constitutionally protected right does not extend to government-owned plates.​
The Nova Scotia plate, which Grabher had for nearly 30 years, was revoked in 2016 by the province's Registrar of Motor Vehicles after the agency received a complaint accusing the sign of promoting hatred toward women.​
In a news release, Grabher's lawyer Jay Cameron said the province's decision to revoke the plate is an example of arbitrary and capricious censorship and a threat to freedom of expression.​

1598889005390.png

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
List of names / nouns that should be cancelled according to the current narrative that I can think of off the top of my head.
  • Allblacks
  • Black caps
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Kansas City Chiefs
  • Washington redskins
  • Redskins confectionary
  • Any name of Black, Brown or White or Green (Green might be specist - reptiles might get offended or someone on their behalf)
  • Colonial brewing
  • Nigeria the nation
  • Gorillaz the band
  • Honky
  • Neanderthal
  • Churchie
  • Skip
  • Bogan
  • Cuzzy Bro
  • Reds
  • Snag
  • Cleveland Indians
There's probably not enough real estate on BF to fit everything in and I could not possibly think of them of all.

Anyway bye love you's
you have it all covered.. dumb *...

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
  • Allblacks
  • Black caps
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Kansas City Chiefs
  • Washington redskins
  • Redskins confectionary
  • Colonial brewing
  • Nigeria the nation
  • Gorillaz the band
  • Honky
  • Neanderthal
  • Churchie
  • Skip
  • Bogan
  • Cuzzy Bro
  • Reds
  • Snag
  • Cleveland Indians

Anyway bye love you's
No you are just too cool for school..really too smart and too rough.. get on w..id ya..

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
So now it is called CHEER cheese.

Sounds weird, we'll get used to it.

One person isn't happy with the new name and how it was chosen though:

Dr Hagan is not sure what the new name, Cheer, stands for. "I would have liked it to be something a bit more inclusive of First Nations people," he said. "We weren’t even consulted on names. We would like to have contributed."

Is he for real?

Back