Player Watch #37: Cooper Harvey - syndesmosis injury vs Nthrn Bullants in VFL - will miss six weeks

I'll pay that !
actually its been a bit slower cause most of our grads go work in Aussie...
I remember earning $11-15 ph as a casual during holidays and thinking that was pretty good, then going drinking with mates from home who were just finishing apprenticeships and starting work as Boilermakers & Mechanics...
What I was was earning wasn't bad (taught me some life lessons too) but half of what they were getting (early to mid 2000's)

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I remember earning $11-15 ph as a casual during holidays and thinking that was pretty good, then going drinking with mates from home who were just finishing apprenticeships and starting work as Boilermakers & Mechanics...
What I was was earning wasn't bad (taught me some life lessons too) but half of what they were getting (early to mid 2000's)

In NZ you could get a really high paying job at a freezing works straight out of school
Quite a few of my Uni mates did it during the holidays

anyway thats long gone now as the Unions got too greedy and they largely became uneconomic

In NZ you could get a really high paying job at a freezing works straight out of school
Quite a few of my Uni mates did it during the holidays

anyway thats long gone now as the Unions got too greedy and they largely became uneconomic
Local abattoir, was where almost everyone went for a year to save up $ for Uni :thumbsu:

1633846861784.png

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
He looks like a unit, I haven’t seen a hell of a lot of him playing but what I did see didn’t particularly stand out. I reckon he’s better off working on his skills rather than his rig.
Its 2021, for all kids his age the rig comes first unfortunately.

A wise man once told me, anyone can buy a surfboard & wetsuit.. doesn’t mean you can surf..

Its 2021, for all kids his age the rig comes first unfortunately.

A wise man once told me, anyone can buy a surfboard & wetsuit.. doesn’t mean you can surf..
I back this comment 100%

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm surprised how many people are talking him down all of a sudden. He sounded like he was clean, smart with his positioning and good defensively. Maybe not a hilights reel like his dad but a strong team contributor.

I'm surprised how many people are talking him down all of a sudden. He sounded like he was clean, smart with his positioning and good defensively. Maybe not a hilights reel like his dad but a strong team contributor.
Like I said I haven’t seen much, there was one game (maybe our VFL) that had a bit of publicity that I watched. He played forward but didn’t get much of it and seemed to get in awkward positions. I’m no junior talent scout though so happy to hear better credentialed people’s views. I know Kingy is a massive wrap for him.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So the joint in Yarrambat obviously hasn’t sold yet in Boomers split up? Looks like the home gym in the adverts.

Back