Player Watch #37: Cooper Harvey - syndesmosis injury vs Nthrn Bullants in VFL - will miss six weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Pinched from the pre season training page.
Good to see Cooper down at training today, seemed to fit well with the boys already. Hope he doesn't cost us a first rounder. His body is already pretty developed for his age.
View attachment 1298903
Very good to see

already looks super developed

I think this kid will be a professional from the Start and obviously has the best role model to learn from..... I remember riding my bike on the road in Mouthara in 40 degree heat in January and seeing a bloke on the side of the road running thinking this bloke is crazy and it was Boomer. If Cooper has the same dedication as the old man no Doubt he will make it.

Hate to be the thread Grinch but where is this talk of first rounder coming from?

Like most, I hope he ends up a star but he’s a long way away from a first rounder
He’s not in the academy squad or in any draft watchers’ top 50 that I’ve seen. He’s also more physically developed than most of his peers and not particularly athletic, so I’m not seeing obvious scope for huge improvement unless it’s an attitude thing.

At this (early) stage you’d have to say he’s much more likely to go undrafted than he is to go first round. Not trying to be a buzzkill but some ridiculous stuff has been chucked around in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s not in the academy squad or in any draft watchers’ top 50 that I’ve seen. He’s also more physically developed than most of his peers and not particularly athletic, so I’m not seeing obvious scope for huge improvement unless it’s an attitude thing.

At this (early) stage you’d have to say he’s much more likely to go undrafted than he is to go first round. Not trying to be a buzzkill but some ridiculous stuff has been chucked around in this thread.
He can play
Was Vic metro this year and played well
came second in his leagues under 15 bnf the year before

He won’t be top 20 at this stage, but he’s in a large next rung

I like that he is training with us and think will play some vfl next year for us
FB49032F-85E8-4CBC-A962-E9F3B66BACB5.jpeg

Best case - He's a GAJ who shows some promise now but creeps in via a 3rd rounder only to blossom into a champion.

Worst case - He turns on the Hollywood in his U18 year to cost us bigtime at the draft only to go on to degenerate into a dud.

Worst case would be if he burns and crashes partying

I think you’re going down the wrong path.
Worst case would be if his helicopter crashes into the ocean tomorrow & then a shark eats him.
Perhaps leave the hypothetical highs & lows to football stuff, yeah?
To be fair, worst case is that he misses his chance to get on his long awaited helicopter ride that then crashes into the ocean and has his friends eaten by sharks, and as he runs to call for help he is struck and killed by a hipster on an illegal e-scooter that they bought to avoid covid exposure on the trams.

Well know how good he is when Knightmare dismisses him as barely a rookie selection

Spoiler: doesn't make his Top 50 until the night before draft night.

Twomey then lists him at #22 in his 11.58pm Phantom Draft update at which point Knightmare releases a "Late Late Mail" version at 11.59pm that puts Cooper at #21 conceding "the bid may come in the next couple of picks".

Post-draft he discusses with his gaggle of followers that he always rated Cooper Harvey as a 2nd rounder, that "he's a talented kid" but he had to cap his draft range based on his limited scope for development.

Spoiler: doesn't make his Top 50 until the night before draft night.

Twomey then lists him at #22 in his 11.58pm Phantom Draft update at which point Knightmare releases a "Late Late Mail" version at 11.59pm that puts Cooper at #21 conceding "the bid may come in the next couple of picks".

Post-draft he discusses with his gaggle of followers that he always rated Cooper Harvey as a 2nd rounder, that "he's a talented kid" but he had to cap his draft range based on his limited scope for development.

Only didn’t rate him because he hadn’t seen him play ,due to not leaving his mother basement

2022: Playing in a premiership side at the northern knights, playing against men at North heidelberg, training with an AFL club for the majority of the year dominating against men, occasional VFL game in-between getting a 99.5 atar score.

Thanks knightmare.

I've been trying to think of who he reminds me of, and admittedly I've only heard/seen snippets but he looks like a much less productive jack billings. He doesn't have his tank but has a harder tackling edge. He can get to the right spots to mark and distribute. Has a long kick. Decent hands. Wierdly his dad always said putting muscle on early is/was a bad move but it looks like that's what he has done. Will need a few preseasons to get his fitness up to AFL Game day standard. I got a sneaky feeling he's going to be a really good pick up.

Could be wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back