Player Watch #37: Cooper Harvey - syndesmosis injury vs Nthrn Bullants in VFL - will miss six weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst case would be a fly in his chardonnay.

LOL.

Do you reckon he’ll rock up when our greatest ever player, and premiership teammate is inaugurated into our Hall of Fame as Skipper?

Only didn’t rate him because he hadn’t seen him play ,due to not leaving his mother basement

My mothers basement is a genuine cracker. My brother has been keeping watch for some time.

I've been trying to think of who he reminds me of, and admittedly I've only heard/seen snippets but he looks like a much less productive jack billings. He doesn't have his tank but has a harder tackling edge. He can get to the right spots to mark and distribute. Has a long kick. Decent hands. Wierdly his dad always said putting muscle on early is/was a bad move but it looks like that's what he has done. Will need a few preseasons to get his fitness up to AFL Game day standard. I got a sneaky feeling he's going to be a really good pick up.

Could be wrong.
I think that’s a good comparison

Height and position. Cooper obviously bigger tho at a similar age so could be a stronger version of Billings

I've been trying to think of who he reminds me of, and admittedly I've only heard/seen snippets but he looks like a much less productive jack billings. He doesn't have his tank but has a harder tackling edge. He can get to the right spots to mark and distribute. Has a long kick. Decent hands. Wierdly his dad always said putting muscle on early is/was a bad move but it looks like that's what he has done. Will need a few preseasons to get his fitness up to AFL Game day standard. I got a sneaky feeling he's going to be a really good pick up.

Could be wrong.

Oh s**t the aints are going to bid on him 🤣😟

If he is half the player Boomer is we're big winners. A serviceable 200 game player is nothing to sneeze at, and with his pedigree, and his old man behind him I cannot see why that's not possible.

Don't compare him to his old man. He's his own bloke/player. I'm sure he’ll be fine.

If he is half the player Boomer is we're big winners. A serviceable 200 game player is nothing to sneeze at, and with his pedigree, and his old man behind him I cannot see why that's not possible.

Don't compare him to his old man. He's his own bloke/player. I'm sure he’ll be fine.
There's something different about him and archer, reckon they've been groomed since birth for this.

The name you are searching for is Paul Chapman.

I think that’s a good comparison

Height and position. Cooper obviously bigger tho at a similar age so could be a stronger version of Billings

There's something different about him and archer, reckon they've been groomed since birth for this.
The name you are searching for is Paul Chapman.
Y’all are living in a world of pure fantasy 😂 I hope it’s fun at least

please be the case.

Arch looks a hell of a lot better than was being made out. Spot for him too if he wants it.

We all know Cooper is going to be a freak, it’ll take a few years but when you’re dad is that good, the only thing stopping him being a gun, is himself.

Same was said of Shane!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A father son pick is only of real relevance or value if you are able to pay unders for him.

In recent times our only sort after father son, we ended up paying overs for in Luke McDonald.

Father sons going in the 40's plus with no bid are really not a priority beyond sentiment.

In fact, the question needs to be asked if they bomb, why we picked them if they had no bid from other clubs over others. This would apply to Crocker and may apply to others in the future.

Bayley Scott has enough runs on the board to justify his pick.

If Cooper becomes a genuine top 25 pick and is bid on and we get him with some picks in the third/fourth round, that is good business.

But like Archer/Crocker , if he is passed on by every club and we pick him up late like we did them, I don't think it's unreasonable to scrutinise these sort of selections and list spots if they don't work out.

Same was said of Shane!
Shane was a gun player. The difference, Boomer loved and frothed at the thought training and being sore. Shane idea of training was gathering at the pub for a few rounds of beers and with his boys. Hated training. Don’t be fooled, Shane and Boomer were on par, not much football ability separates them

Shane was a gun player. The difference, Boomer loved and frothed at the thought training and being sore. Shane idea of training was gathering at the pub for a few rounds of beers and with his boys. Hated training. Don’t be fooled, Shane and Boomer were on par, not much football ability separates them

Dedication to the craft is just as important. It’s not an easy game to play, you really have to want it and identifying those kids who will do everything in their power to reach their potential is what separated us from the best teams during the Scott Era.

I think the new recruiters have rectified this, and Jy leading from the front on the track is a huge plus for all the kids coming through and back from serious injury.

A father son pick is only of real relevance or value if you are able to pay unders for him.

In recent times our only sort after father son, we ended up paying overs for in Luke McDonald.

Father sons going in the 40's plus with no bid are really not a priority beyond sentiment.

In fact, the question needs to be asked if they bomb, why we picked them if they had no bid from other clubs over others. This would apply to Crocker and may apply to others in the future.

Bayley Scott has enough runs on the board to justify his pick.

If Cooper becomes a genuine top 25 pick and is bid on and we get him with some picks in the third/fourth round, that is good business.

But like Archer/Crocker , if he is passed on by every club and we pick him up late like we did them, I don't think it's unreasonable to scrutinise these sort of selections and list spots if they don't work out.

My take on this is a little bit different - AFL clubs (other than the franchises) are different beasts to say the EPL or the NFL, in that they retain something of the culture of 'genuine' football clubs, in which family ties and associations count for something. I saw young Crocker play multiple times, and there was only ever an EDFL-level talent on display, but we gave him a spot in honour of his family. I suspect it will be the same with Jackson, whose best credentials (dour lockdown defender) really belong to a different age, but there was no way he would be passed by the club. I've got no problem with it - a late order list spot here and there to maintain the fabric of the club is a price worth paying, and I expect it will be the same with Cooper. We simply can't have the likes of Archer and Harvey (seniors) walking away and bad mouthing the club because we didn't give their boys a crack.

My take on this is a little bit different - AFL clubs (other than the franchises) are different beasts to say the EPL or the NFL, in that they retain something of the culture of 'genuine' football clubs, in which family ties and associations count for something. I saw young Crocker play multiple times, and there was only ever an EDFL-level talent on display, but we gave him a spot in honour of his family. I suspect it will be the same with Jackson, whose best credentials (dour lockdown defender) really belong to a different age, but there was no way he would be passed by the club. I've got no problem with it - a late order list spot here and there to maintain the fabric of the club is a price worth paying, and I expect it will be the same with Cooper. We simply can't have the likes of Archer and Harvey (seniors) walking away and bad mouthing the club because we didn't give their boys a crack.

If their son is passed over by us and goes to another club and becomes a decent AFL footballer, I could understand the dad being annoyed.

But if we are listing guys who we know probably aren't up to it to appease their old man, we really are going no where and this will certainly come back to bite us.

Y’all are living in a world of pure fantasy 😂 I hope it’s fun at least

Easily best post in thread so far.

Based on next to no particularly impressive footage he's working his way up the player comparison ranks by the week. Imagine when he actually plays another game.

He'll be getting compared to Skilton, Diesel and Jimmy Krakouer by the time the season starts.

Easily best post in thread so far.

Based on next to no particularly impressive footage he's working his way up the player comparison ranks by the week. Imagine when he actually plays another game.

He'll be getting compared to Skilton, Diesel and Jimmy Krakouer by the time the season starts.
The thread title has always been enough to make me nauseous

This is entirely dependent on the player demonstrating good character.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back