Player Watch Cooper Murley (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a Luke Breust clone

Had a Bit of a Break Out Game in the VFL this Afternoon.

Had about 25 Touches and showed great Speed and Good Disposal on HBF/Wing

Still fair bit away from AFL Game but Very Promising
Only saw the first qtr but wow, terrific qtr. Fast and lots of possessions. Think he’s a good’en

Be no worse then Callum Brown

I think he will be a lot better.

When Cal gets the ball, it’s as though someone has handed him a sample of Uranium. He has to find a way to get rid of it quickly and by any means necessary. Direction is perhaps a consideration, but specific targets, putting it to a teammate’s advantage, certainly thinking about how the teammate would like to receive the ball to make it easier to mark or run onto are far beyond his scope.

Murley doesn’t yet have the ability to consistently accumulate over four quarters, and his kicking isn’t a weapon per se, but he uses his speed to buy time, he chooses his targets, and he puts the ball in dangerous spots to the advantage of teammates. If he can develop his body to a certain extent to be able to take AFL hits, he could be a more versatile, shiftier, perhaps less gifted in a kicking ability sense… Brad Dick type.

I think he will be a lot better.

When Cal gets the ball, it’s as though someone has handed him a sample of Uranium. He has to find a way to get rid of it quickly and by any means necessary. Direction is perhaps a consideration, but specific targets, putting it to a teammate’s advantage, certainly thinking about how the teammate would like to receive the ball to make it easier to mark or run onto are far beyond his scope.

Murley doesn’t yet have the ability to consistently accumulate over four quarters, and his kicking isn’t a weapon per se, but he uses his speed to buy time, he chooses his targets, and he puts the ball in dangerous spots to the advantage of teammates. If he can develop his body to a certain extent to be able to take AFL hits, he could be a more versatile, shiftier, perhaps less gifted in a kicking ability sense… Brad Dick type.
Murley looks a ripper. He's my favourite of the kids. I think we should debut him the day after he goes through puberty.

All for giving Harrison or Murley a go at the expense of C Brown or WHE

Will make us better 12 months from now

Play Poulter and Macrare over those 2 at the Moment

Play Poulter and Macrare over those 2 at the Moment

There’s 6 I’d play over C Brown or WHE from here on

McInness, Macrae, Poulter are first three off the rank though, I agree

All of them look to have more ability in their first 2 years than Browns do after 5/6 years on the list

Need to think about who we want in our 22 come rd 20 2023…

Browns, WHE, Cox… I wouldn’t play

Madgen has to play given Roughead and Dean absence… and how ordinary Kelly is looking

Otherwise no point playing Madgen either

No good finishing 9th at the expense of developing kids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is Really Growing at me each time I watch him at VFL Level.

Can Find the Ball - Is Quick - Good user of the Ball.

Still slight but I think he has a Future at Collingwood

He is Really Growing at me each time I watch him at VFL Level.

Can Find the Ball - Is Quick - Good user of the Ball.

Still slight but I think he has a Future at Collingwood
He'll be a player. Other than the ones who are now senior regulars, he's the only kid I rate.

I expect HH and Arlo will be at least as good. Arlo hasn’t done much but shown glimpses of class and given his size he looks to have huge upside.
I don't have an opinion on those two yet. I hope you're right.

My take on our other kids is:

Daicos, Ginnivan - sure things
Mcreery - extremely likely
Murley, Henry - very likely
McMahon, Bianco, Begg- 50/50
Poulter, Macrae - less than likely
Bianco - very small chance

Last edited:
I don't have an opinion on those two yet. I hope you're right.

My take on our other kids is:

Daicos, Ginnivan - sure things
Mcreery - extremely likely
Murley - very likely
McMahon, Bianco, Begg- 50/50
Poulter, Macrae - less than likely
Bianco - very small chance

What about Reef? He’s one that I want to see given consistent time in the seniors. I’m a bit unsure why he hasn’t been. Some say he has no tank.

What about Reef? He’s one that I want to see given consistent time in the seniors. I’m a bit unsure why he hasn’t been. Some say he has no tank.
Yep. Forgot about him, I'd have him as very likely. No idea if he'll become the quality mid we're craving, but he should find an AFL role and be a long term player for us.

Plays Mostly Forwards but did have some On-Ball Minutes and did a Descent Job

I like Murley a lot, but at the moment he’s too small and not getting enough of it. He had a quarter with 8 possessions or so a week ago, hopefully he keeps building on that.

I like Murley a lot, but at the moment he’s too small and not getting enough of it. He had a quarter with 8 possessions or so a week ago, hopefully he keeps building on that.

At least he can use it well where at AFL Level we have some players that get lot of the Ball but Wastes it

At least he can use it well where at AFL Level we have some players that get lot of the Ball but Wastes it

I agree and I’m optimistic about his future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back