Cop Question

Remove this Banner Ad

On programs like Highway Patrol when they pull over some bogan who calls them campaigners etc they don’t respond much to it. What would happen in real life?

When I pull someone over, I cop all types of abuse.

If you're passing through my jurisdiction Shell, hit me up and i'll show you a good time :policeofficer: 🔗

They've heard it all so non response is pretty standard unless you get one or two of them on a bad day.
It seems things have changed a lot I kept out of trouble when I was a kid but one time was hanging around near a railway shed with some local lads and couple of cops rolled up and questioned us. I had the temerity to say we weren’t doing anything wrong and they offered to throw me in the back of the divvy van

It seems things have changed a lot I kept out of trouble when I was a kid but one time was hanging around near a railway shed with some local lads and couple of cops rolled up and questioned us. I had the temerity to say we weren’t doing anything wrong and they offered to throw me in the back of the divvy van

Oh for kids they may try giving them a fright but unless they start getting violent or piss them off too much they aren't going to bother giving themselves more paperwork by throwing them in the back of the car.

On programs like Highway Patrol when they pull over some bogan who calls them campaigners etc they don’t respond much to it. What would happen in real life?

6 Penalty Units = $ 660 Fine (it's gone up ;))

In relation to (2) below, stating that the Officer was acting like a campaigner is not deemed a reasonable excuse :(

Summary Offences Act 1988 No 25
Current version for 1 December 2018 to date (accessed 31 October 2019 at 10:47)
Part 2 Division 1 Section 4A

4A Offensive language
(1) A person must not use offensive language in or near, or within hearing from, a public place or a school.
Maximum penalty: 6 penalty units.
(2) It is a sufficient defence to a prosecution for an offence under this section if the defendant satisfies the court that the defendant had a reasonable excuse for conducting himself or herself in the manner alleged in the information for the offence.
(3) Instead of imposing a fine on a person, the court:
(a) may make a community correction order under section 8 of the Crimes (Sentencing Procedure) Act 1999 that is subject to the standard conditions of a community correction order and to a community service work condition (despite the offence not being punishable by imprisonment), or
(b) may make an order under section 5 (1) of the Children (Community Service Orders) Act 1987 requiring the person to perform community service work,
as the case requires.
(4), (5) (Repealed)
(6) However, the maximum number of hours of community service work that a person may be required to perform under an order in respect of an offence under this section is 100 hours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The flashing lights on the car arent enough ?
No, just like the flashing lights on a forklift doesn't mean the worker doesn't have to wear fluro.

I'd heard it was a requirement
Tis why I was asking
And tbh it shoud be mandatory.
If you slow down for 25kmh roadworks the workers are in fluro.
Ambulance?...25kmh...they have reflective stuff on i think

So yeah
Curious

I see where your headed with this, props for thinking outside of the square. I dunno if it will get you off though.

What ticket did you get from a cop not wearing flouro ?

Agree, random sampling below (even included Officer Barbrady as the hot cop for you)
View attachment 772489

C'mon Syddles, there's better Barbrady than that!

latest
aOrOr0E.jpg

Def not as in you would know 100% as you're in the industry?

Detectives don't pull cars over for traffic voilations tho.

Just curious as I've been told that fluro is mandatory for traffic infringements

NSW employ a number of plain clothes traffic units, typically man and woman paired up in unmarked car such as a Commodore Station Wagon or 4WD
Wearing Hi-Vis working through traffic might be a give away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back