darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
I couldn't see a thread, so I thought I'd quickly start one, seeing as this tournament starts in a few minutes! It begins with Brazil vs Venezuela. A very different situation stadium-wise. So bleak and empty.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
Just did a quick Google search snd the times throughout the group stages are 7AM and 10AM. In the knockout stages matches are on at 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11AM. Pretty good that none of the matches will clash with the Euro’s.

I guess due to the time-zone difference it makes clashes unlikely. That and can you imagine the row between UEFA and CONMEBOL?!

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Argntina vs Chile feed I'm watching has American commentators.

Football isn't the same with American commentators.

Not helped by the fact that they don't seem to understand how penalties work 🤦‍♂️

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
No crowds just kill it, particularly with how passionate South Americans are about their football.

Got the final we all deserve though so hopefully it's a cracker. Messi really wants to win as he still hasnt gotten that International trophy with his country that he so desperately wants.

I dont mind who wins, be cool if Brazil win cos Ali, Fab and Bobby will prosper but I'm fine with Argentina winning too to see Messi finally break through on the international stage.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Neymar made his disapproval with the decision clear in his Instagram story, saying: "It is very sad to be in the hands of people who make these kinds of decisions."

The PSG star added with obvious sarcasm: “They made a beautiful analysis of the play. We must congratulate them."

Jesus also hit out at the decision on his Instagram story, adding: "Two-match ban and no appeal? Congratulations CONMEBOL. I think you didn't see what happened right."

😂

Back