Prediction Copeland Trophy 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I am lucky it seems. I didn't realise it was being streamed.
Once it got up and running it was fine.

Started 20 minutes late, had early issues with the secondary microphone affecting the welcome to country speech and the first half of McGuire’s, then had a 40 minute break for meals.

Going forward though it might be better to broadcast the introduction speeches on delay, so the stream is more continuous.

No buffering though and I’m thankful that the club streams the event, which ultimately is structured for those attending. The Copeland and by extension the stream gave a good insight into how the club is viewing 2018 and 2019. The mindset of the group seems positive and they seem to be in thinking the right way in that 2019 will be hard work and there’s no guarantees.

Congratulations to both players- deserving winners- particularly how nigh on impossible it is to draw based on our criteria.

When you look at our top 10- it hold us in great stead moving forward.

This thread shows that there really is nothing that our supporters won’t ******* complain about.

It’s not a tv spectacle, but people bitched so they added a stream. Now we complain that the stream shows nothing while they eat dinner. Just lol

To be fair ...

... the club did promote it, and folks were spending their Friday evening watching it.

Not unreasonable that in 2018 folks would have had higher expectations.

Maybe the media could have pre-recorded some interviews during the week?

Maybe the media dept could have dug out some old interviews of players - eg: show an interview of a first year Scott Pendlebury.

Maybe show an interview with Derek Hine reflecting on how the draft class of 2017 fared?

Maybe show highlights of the fathers of players ... Peter Moore, Gavin Brown, Peter Daicos?

They had enough folks watching to justify advertising. We have a media department. With a little more creativity and a little more effort they could have done a much better job.

Yes of course, folks will **always** complain, no matter what is done. But that shouldn’t stop the media dept striving to be better.

It was truely wonderful to see the love and respect that every member of the team has for each other.
What a special group these young men have become - not only as players but, and probably more importantly, as men.
They all so willingly expressed their feelings for each other and their coaches.
If we, rightly or wrongly, are going to hold them up as examples of the community then this group is leading the way.

I was so proud of every one of them last night, and very proud of the Club

Steele winning the Gary Ayres medal and then Adams winning the Best Finals Player Award is f*ckin savage by the club...

Clearly weren't happy with his GF.

How did Grundy poll a vote in the GF?
49 Taps probably would be the answer.

The voting as I understand works on what’s their role so as he tapped he got a small reward.

If it helped the final result then great as Grundy was enormous this season.

Steele winning the Gary Ayres medal and then Adams winning the Best Finals Player Award is f*ckin savage by the club...

The club voting works on advantage to games played and NOT limited necessarily to say only five players getting votes.

The Ayres Medal was essentially wrapped up pre grand final for Steele.
Our award favoured the four really good games of Adams over the three terrific Sidey games.

Copeland itself favours the games played players more than the brilliant special games here and there.

Adams was better in QF and Semi and GF.

Doesn't mean Steele wasn't good either, his PF was ridiculous.

I've actually been worried Grundy might get homesick in two years and go back home to SA. But hearing him speak about the club now, it's clear how much he loves being a Pie.

What made you think that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey I just realized Adz posts disappeared from last night.

Love your work mate :thumbsu:

Really?
He had a valid point.
Wonder if the mod who suppressed his right of a view will put his/her hand up?
Without rehashing all the democratic rights stuff, this is a privately owned forum, its not something the public owns/controls and therefore is not a democratic institution
The owner can make any rules they like including deleting posts just because they feel like doing so

If it was publicly owned, you would have a valid point....but it ain't so you cop what ever is dished out

Really?
He had a valid point.

If having a valid point is poking s**t at Grundys GF after the great year he had and had just won the Copeland then yes he had a valid point.

Really?
He had a valid point.

No he didn’t have a valid point.....I found it humorous all the same.

Maybe it got ugly and I missed some posts after I went to bed.

Really?
He had a valid point.

Without rehashing all the democratic rights stuff, this is a privately owned forum, its not something the public owns/controls and therefore is not a democratic institution
The owner can make any rules they like including deleting posts just because they feel like doing so

If it was publicly owned, you would have a valid point....but it ain't so you cop what ever is dished out

If having a valid point is poking s**t at Grundys GF after the great year he had and had just won the Copeland then yes he had a valid point.

No he didn’t have a valid point.....I found it humorous all the same.

Maybe it got ugly and I missed some posts after I went to bed.

None of my posts were deleted as far as I’m aware.
I didn’t bag Grundy. I said his second half of year wasn’t as good.
Aside from that I just made a post in jest about a prediction of speeches.

Well done to Sidey and Grundy, great years but let themselves down when it mattered.

Let’s hope they can redeem themselves, when it matters, if the time comes.

None of my posts were deleted as far as I’m aware.
I didn’t bag Grundy. I said his second half of year wasn’t as good.
Aside from that I just made a post in jest about a prediction of speeches.

Were you drunk last night........your posts have vanished mate.

Or don’t you remember posting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back