Toast Copeland Trophy 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting the BnF for the premiership team is a huge deal, congrats Josh. I hope he had AA and Copeland Trophy bonuses in that long contract he signed earlier in the year.

Haha definitely! And I definitely respect that the night is about them, not us fans! Just would have loved to have heard from Beau, Mihocek and Tom Mitchell as other Premiership winning award winners who didn't give a speech
Most of them probably don't have much voice (or brain cells) left at this time of the week ..

Who was the balding guy on the stage at the end?Didnā€™t recognise him at all.And why werenā€™t Pendles and Mitchell on the stage as well?They usually have the top five place getters on stage at the end.

Well done Josh on the Copeland. A bit of a surprise to be fair but a worthy winner and much deserved. Had a great consistent season with moments of brilliance. AA as well.

Mitchell taking 4th is a great effort from him. Slotted straight into the team like a glove and was a big reason why we became the best.

Pendles continues to collect trophies, what a legend. All the others, IQ & Bruz, Crispy, Checkers all got rewarded.

JDG......thought he'd get a Top 5 to be honest so to see him in 10th was the biggest shock for me. Not sure what went wrong there.

Who was the balding guy on the stage at the end?Didnā€™t recognise him at all.And why werenā€™t Pendles and Mitchell on the stage as well?They usually have the top five place getters on stage at the end.
I suspect because of the broadcast on Fox, they were pushed for time

Maybe the club sold the 4th and 5th place prizes with all the other merchandise they've been pulling out of their arse šŸ˜‚

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who was the balding guy on the stage at the end?Didnā€™t recognise him at all.

Muzi from Bluestar logistics - major sponsor of the Copeland.

BT said they were doing it differently this year and only announcing the top 3.

Well done Josh on the Copeland. A bit of a surprise to be fair but a worthy winner and much deserved. Had a great consistent season with moments of brilliance. AA as well.
Yep AA and didnt miss a game.
Mitchell taking 4th is a great effort from him. Slotted straight into the team like a glove and was a big reason why we became the best.
Another who didnt miss a game and was great in finals.
Pendles continues to collect trophies, what a legend. All the others, IQ & Bruz, Crispy, Checkers all got rewarded.

JDG......thought he'd get a Top 5 to be honest so to see him in 10th was the biggest shock for me. Not sure what went wrong there.
JDG missed 5 games and also still has a few stinkers each year. That hurts him in BnFs which reward consistency and performing your role each week.

Congratulations,Josh.Well done.

But the Collingwood media department really dropped the ball tonight.Cutting away every time there was a highlights package,and then when they cut back at the end,Josh was in the middle of his acceptance speech.Itā€™s really not good enough.They should have done it a lot better than this.
No they shouldnā€™t, this is their normal standard, they are the one part of the club that hasnā€™t lifted its game over the years. They are amateurs, a big club like ours should have a full on full time professional media team. Iā€™m guessing the pandemic and the cuts in salaries have been and issue. Iā€™d rather they cut the media team than anything from the actual footy department, so Iā€™ll give them an excuse but with the squillions theyā€™ll earn from merch this year I expect huge James Cameron style productions next season without BT.

Farewell for the season of the Flagpies. Itā€™s been an interesting ride on BF and I look forward to more abuse and ridicule in our efforts for B2B in 2024.

Go Pies āš«ļøāšŖļø

I wasnā€™t surprised that Josh was at the top at the end of the season. I was surprised he held on after the finals. He was pretty quiet, unless he had a more negating role we arenā€™t aware of.
in his post gf presser, fagan singled out josh and Steele as two players that hurt them as they controlled the wings, sometimes we donā€™t see what the coaches see.

As far as the live stream is concerned they really need to do a much more professional job with it especially if it's going live on Fox/Kayo with potentially millions of people watching. This means a full production. No stops in the stream for dinner, dessert etc. If there is a break we need a panel talking and interviewing etc. Keep the vision on the tables, go around the room a lot more, take us in there close and frequently. Bring some of the old players back like Swanny, Dids, Pebbles or Browny, Monky, Mick McGuane etc and get them all having a chat/banter amongst themselves to the camera. Also, don't just stop the stream abruptly after the final speech. No wrap up or nothing. It just seemed rushed, last minute and not well planned. Plenty of scope for improvement for next year when we go Back to Back.

A little! Kinda seemed like it was a bit thrown together šŸ¤£
Can't hold it against them - the whole club has been partying all week! Hahaha
Say what you want about McGuire, but events like these & president dinners etc really miss his ability to work a room. Browne just doesnā€™t have the same presence.

FWIW I tipped Josh to win, I went to put something on it but nothing on Ladbrokes for the Copeland unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back