Toast Copeland Trophy 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that it says anything about his future, but I felt Adams over the course of the season was deserving of a top 10 finish. It’s a quality top 10 though. I’m also surprised Josh came out on top because his finals series was below average aside from maybe v the Dees if he did a job on Langdon.
I was surprised he didnt come top 10, he has a pretty good year. But like you said, its a pretty quality top 10 so he may not have been far behind.

Reckon Kane Cornes will be on Jordy's case again, he always goes on about how he does not have podium finishes in Copeland.

Absolutely. Cornes will have something to whinge about for sure.

Stuff Cornes

Pies don't win that PF and GF without DeGoey he has repaid the faith.

What were the gold bracelets everyone was wearing? Did the club make some sort of premiership bracelet? If so, did the whole list get them or just the 23 from the GF?

Was there at Crown, a great night. However it is surely time to replace Brian Taylor as MC. He seemed tired and his voice was going. It was a good celebration, but felt just like every other one.
Time for the Copeland to be looked at and improved.
My first Copeland. Was a good night. Won’t be doing it again unless I’m in the main room.

River room a total money spinner and the food whilst good, here I am back at home downing a whole pizza I’m that famished.

Also understand cut off for autograph line not long after 6 but a bit bummed that I missed a chance to get it.

But experience for next year if I go again.

Seemed like a very last minute thing with Foxtel.

Was obviously done on the cheap with some people who prob normally just do video for the big screen at the event rather than a full broadcast crew that Fox Footy would use for stuff like Rising Star and All Aus.

How last minute do you consider “last minute”

It’s been on the front page of the Kayo app since Sunday. Which would mean minimum a week or so?

Telecasts surely aren’t that difficult to set up when you have a week to organise it.

The event is already organised, you’re just filming it essentially.

Reckon Kane Cornes will be on Jordy's case again, he always goes on about how he does not have podium finishes in Copeland.

He’s now a Premiership player and consistent Finals/big game player.

Thats all that matters. The rest is just talk show fodder.

What were the gold bracelets everyone was wearing? Did the club make some sort of premiership bracelet? If so, did the whole list get them or just the 23 from the GF?
Weren't they just those things you get at clubs, festivals etc upon entry to show security to regain access again when you leave & return..?

Their partners had white ones.

Great effort by Josh to win the Copeland in a Premiership year.

He joins an illustrious club to win the flag and Copeland in the same year.

2023 = Josh Daicos
2010 = Dane Swan
1990 = Tony Shaw
1958 = Thorold Merrett
1953 = Bob Rose
1936 = Jack Regan
1935 = Albert Collier
1930 = Harry Collier
1929 = Albert Collier
1928 = Harry Collier
1927 = Syd Coventry
I like the synergy with the alternating Collier Bros winning the Copeland during the previous Fourpeat with the Daicos Bros and our upcoming Fourpeat!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weren't they just those things you get at clubs, festivals etc upon entry to show security to regain access again when you leave & return..?

Their partners had white ones.
On tv they looked like gold the metal rather than the colour.

Congratulations to Josh, but you’d think the people casting the votes would know the difference between Nick & Josh. Nick was absolutely robbed.

Was there at Crown, a great night. However it is surely time to replace Brian Taylor as MC. He seemed tired and his voice was going. It was a good celebration, but felt just like every other one.
I agree. He was tired. So was McRae. He seemed cranky but understandable given the week he's had and would be sleep deprived with the baby. His speech was very robotic and unlike him.

Taylor was horrible.

Stevie J never had a podium finish either. Many top players didn’t/don’t. Even this year’s Brownlow medallist got pipped. Meh, we at Collingwood know Jordy’s worth and that’s all that matters.

Congratulations to Josh, but you’d think the people casting the votes would know the difference between Nick & Josh. Nick was absolutely robbed.

It’s a bizarro voting system. 5 coaches get 20 votes each with a max of 4 to one player? So a clear BOG gets 4 votes and a coach still has to spread out another 16.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How last minute do you consider “last minute”

It’s been on the front page of the Kayo app since Sunday. Which would mean minimum a week or so?

Telecasts surely aren’t that difficult to set up when you have a week to organise it.

The event is already organised, you’re just filming it essentially.

1wk is short notice to do a proper production. Even the amateur looking broadcast from last night would’ve been weeks in planning.

I think it was just planned as a stream for the club website with Foxtel wanting to jump in on the Pies hype.

Josh played every game, the system rewards that.

Had Nick not been injured he would’ve won, also would’ve won the brownlow. Who knows might have also won more like Ayres and Norm.

They have made about 4 million so far of Merch you would hope all at the club got one.

Josh played every game, the system rewards that.

Had Nick not been injured he would’ve won, also would’ve won the brownlow. Who knows might have also won more like Ayres and Norm.
He might have played more games, but he didn’t have a better season. It’s quality not quantity, but I accept your point.

Agreed, however there are a few big challenges …

* You’ve got very different stakeholders with very different desires. You ask players what the perfect sportsman’s night is, and what rank-and-file members what the perfect sportsman’s night is, and what sponsors and coteries what the perfect sportsman’s night is, and what online viewers what the perfect sportsman’s night is and you get all very different answers. How to please everyone? IMHO the Covid ones were better, and that’s probably because they could create something with fewer cohorts to please.

* They sold every ticket to the event in the biggest dining room in Melbourne + overflow. Where’s the motivation to improve it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back