Toast Copeland Trophy 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

He might have played more games, but he didn’t have a better season. It’s quality not quantity, but I accept your point.

He was All Aus and had a very good year.

The surprise of him winning comes from his finals being quiet. The guys who had huge finals series weren’t at the top to challenge for first at the end of the regular season.

Not that it says anything about his future, but I felt Adams over the course of the season was deserving of a top 10 finish. It’s a quality top 10 though. I’m also surprised Josh came out on top because his finals series was below average aside from maybe v the Dees if he did a job on Langdon.
Sidebottom played on Langdon.

Josh had Hunter

In a way I'm glad Naicos didn't win all these awards - keeps him even hungry for next year, he knows where he is at and he now knows of he plays all games, he cleans up all the awards, going to be an even bigger year for Naicos.

Forgive me for being naive but do finals game count towards the Copeland? Do all clubs do this if so? Best and fairests should be for the home and away season only.

Forgive me for being naive but do finals game count towards the Copeland? Do all clubs do this if so? Best and fairests should be for the home and away season only.
I too didn't realise finals count.

Found it strange as if not in finals the vote finishes at last game in H&A.

Past Winners - quite a list of champions. Josh joins quite a group.

2023-10-07_115650.jpg

It’s normal. Finals count towards best and fairest results at all clubs. Even at local level too, I’ve never heard of a club not counting finals results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I too didn't realise finals count.

Found it strange as if not in finals the vote finishes at last game in H&A.

Past Winners - quite a list of champions. Josh joins quite a group.

View attachment 1824470
I have a problem with Bucks having so many. Really who in the 90’s was going to beat him? The side was trash for a long time and only had him. He’s a great player, Brownlow year shows that but he was very much a selfish player. For me he doesn’t compare to Pendles, Scotty is the goat. Bucks was a great player and an average coach.

My Collingwood all time bests:
Pendles
Syd Coventry
P.Daicos
Rose
Bucks
Collier (Either one)
Gavin Brown
Tuddy
P.Moore

Gavin Brown was everything you could ever want from a footballer. Courageous, skilful, team oriented and a great leader. Him and Scotty Burns were greatly underrated because of the presence of figjam.

Definitely some recency bias here but some of the oldies were just too good to leave off just from stats alone.

I have a problem with Bucks having so many. Really who in the 90’s was going to beat him? The side was trash for a long time and only had him. He’s a great player, Brownlow year shows that but he was very much a selfish player. For me he doesn’t compare to Pendles, Scotty is the goat. Bucks was a great player and an average coach.

Pendles
Syd Coventry
P.Daicos
Rose
Bucks
Collier (Either one)
Gavin Brown
Tuddy
P.Moore

Gavin Brown was everything you could ever want from a footballer. Courageous, skilful, team oriented and a great leader. Him and Scotty Burns were greatly underrated because of the presence of figjam.

Definitely some recency bias here but some of the oldies were just too good to leave off just from stats alone.

Bucks selfish? What a load of crap. He was the best kick in the comp for many years. Not sure how perfectly delivering the pill to your teammates is selfish.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pendles
Syd Coventry
P.Daicos
Rose
Bucks
Collier (Either one)
Gavin Brown
Tuddy
P.Moore

Bucks played with awesome courage and professionalism

Played as an under-sized centre half back on Carey

Canonballed past tacklers

Pushed himself through injuries

Selfish is not apt

Bucks selfish? What a load of crap. He was the best kick in the comp for many years. Not sure how perfectly delivering the pill to your teammates is selfish.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He selfishly won too much of it, instead of letting his lesser teammates butcher it

He selfishly won too much of it, instead of letting his lesser teammates butcher it
And the players & Bucks were only listening to the supporters...the chant back when he played was "kick it to Bucks, kick it to Bucks" "ffs, kick it to Bucks"

Len Thompson- I was lucky enough to see him play in 1977 and will forever consider him our greatest ever player.
Question for older members- Was his 72-73 seasons as magnificent as 1977? I would have seen a few games but was too young to remember.

How many votes did Lachie Neale end up on???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back