Prediction Copeland Trophy and other awards 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

westozpie

All Australian
Sep 30, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm becoming convinced some posters on this board are addicted to being miserable, just like pokie addicts. Every single thing in the world is shrunk down to one singular focus. Get a life or seek help. You're very boring people.
So true, the only time that they are happy is when they are miserable it seems. I will acknowledge one thing from the angry brigade, that being that I am in awe of their ability to stay so miserable and so angry for so long...amazing

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Here's part of a post from yesterday about Bucks...
"He shouldn't have been re-appointed the time before last given all the noise around re disgruntled players.
I'm not hearing/seeing that now and whilst on performances he shouldn't have been re-appointed I believe, (guess) the playing group had a fair bit to say about it."

Here goes another weird game plan with a list that's better than Richmond's. Go for it Buckley. Get away with an 8th spot and McGuire covering your ass 'oh yessss it worked we made finals'.. when in reality the only thing that is acceptable is top 4.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
2017 E.W. Copeland Trophy Top Ten
Steele Sidebottom, 140 (E.W. Copeland Trophy)
2. Taylor Adams, 139 (R.T. Rush Trophy)
3. Adam Treloar, 112 (J.J. Joyce Trophy)
4. Jeremy Howe, 111 (J.F. McHale Trophy)
5. Brodie Grundy, 92(Jack Regan Trophy)
6. Scott Pendlebury, 91
7. Jack Crisp, 91
8. Brayden Maynard, 79
9. Jamie Elliott, 69
10. Will Hoskin-Elliott, 69

Well done to the club for getting the top 10 bang on.

The order seems sus to me (Steele had a good season, but Adams was better and WTF with Howe being so far back), but those 10 are our best/ most important players, IMO. Unfortunately it ramps up the disappointment factor on our season because 8 of the 10 are in the sweet spot of their careers between the ages of 23 and 28.

Chuck the likes of Fasolo, Langdon, Scharenberg, JDG and Moore into the mix around that age and we just have to be better in 2017. I can't help feeling that some people have gotten off real lightly through the review due to popularity. However it seems the changes we've made have been reasonable to this point so they should go some way to rectifying the boys club mentality of our FD and help us get back on track!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2017 E.W. Copeland Trophy Top Ten
Steele Sidebottom, 140 (E.W. Copeland Trophy)
2. Taylor Adams, 139 (R.T. Rush Trophy)
3. Adam Treloar, 112 (J.J. Joyce Trophy)
4. Jeremy Howe, 111 (J.F. McHale Trophy)
5. Brodie Grundy, 92(Jack Regan Trophy)
6. Scott Pendlebury, 91
7. Jack Crisp, 91
8. Brayden Maynard, 79
9. Jamie Elliott, 69
10. Will Hoskin-Elliott, 69

Great to see Maynard and WHE in that list. Good signs. Both will go higher next year.

Good stuff mate! Someone's gotta keep the bastards honest and the back slapping at our club is nauseating.

Hey Sco, AD was just trying to keep the negativity out of this thread, which is celebratory. A suggestion to drop the negativity while here, is not unreasonable, given most posters come to this thread to read about and enjoy the outcome of the club's awards night.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maynard did really well.

Doesn't he just remind you of a certain tough player we lost way too young?

Looks like our beast with tremendous upside.

Very good result

I didn't pick up in the stream at all about any departing players. They usually give them 'thanks for your service' type thing. Apart from Jesse White of course. Any news from those who attended? We have been unusually tardy this year.

Pretty happy with how the top 10 panned out. Congrats to Steele. Thereabouts for years its nice to see him win one. WHE & Maynard in the top 10 is a great sign. Just need guys like Darcy & JDG to join them.

Congrats to Goldy on the Millane award. You can tell why he is so liked around the place. Seems like a ripper fella.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Hey Sco, AD was just trying to keep the negativity out of this thread, which is celebratory. A suggestion to drop the negativity while here, is not unreasonable, given most posters come to this thread to read about and enjoy the outcome of the club's awards night.

It's a discussion forum! How have we managed to lose sight of that? Everyone is entitled to their view good bad or ugly and it sits poorly with me that LP's views are frowned on and this is let through to the keeper.

You and your cohort of miserabalists pollute every thread. If you could kindly move on to the Buckley thread, that would be great.

I'm becoming convinced some posters on this board are addicted to being miserable, just like pokie addicts. Every single thing in the world is shrunk down to one singular focus. Get a life or seek help. You're very boring people.

It is literally taking a swipe at a broad section of people for expressing an opposing view. It's not isolated that this crap is allowed. It added nothing to the discussion on the Copeland other than for someone to vent at people.

I was also referring to the club not AD that just happened to be the last post in LP's chain. As you can probably tell I don't think the board is overmoderated in the slightest.

Edit: we have a grudges thread that those sorts of views should be going in yet it's lasted 10 hours and 3 mods have posted in here in that time. I bet if it was someone was potting people for being positive it's a very different narrative.

Last edited:
It's a discussion forum! How have we managed to lose sight of that? Everyone is entitled to their view good bad or ugly and it sits poorly with me that LP's views are frowned on and this is let through to the keeper.

Yes it is a discussion forum, but that doesnt mean the same issues need to be discussed in every thread. One of the more difficult tasks of moderating is to keep the place running so that all posters feel welcome to post, and some want to come on here and join in the discussion about the Copeland. We dont censor negative views in every thread where those views are relevant. But again, this thread is celebratory. Its not the thread to can the club (unless you want to can the Copeland, and for me, I'm sick of BT being the Master of Ceremonies - he needs to be replaced!)

SApies

Club Legend
Feb 21, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
This close to finals
6E388468-8307-48A5-85F6-681BE3730B27.jpeg

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Yes it is a discussion forum, but that doesnt mean the same issues need to be discussed in every thread. One of the more difficult tasks of moderating is to keep the place running so that all posters feel welcome to post, and some want to come on here and join in the discussion about the Copeland. We dont censor negative views in every thread where those views are relevant. But again, this thread is celebratory. Its not the thread to can the club (unless you want to can the Copeland, and for me, I'm sick of BT being the Master of Ceremonies - he needs to be replaced!)

I'm not arguing the challenge of being a moderator you of all people should know my thoughts and feelings on this, but where's the consistency? LP's view is chastised and the other is fine. I'll give you the tip LP's posts made me feel ten times more comfortable than the other surely you understand that.

I won't bother further derailing the thread other than to say I hope those in attendance had a back slappingly good night and finished on a high with a raucous rendition of Good Old Collingwood Forever.

Discuss it in a different thread? Is that really too much to ask?

Apparently so given your posts affirming the clipping of the group. Those in glass houses and all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back