Remove this Banner Ad

chooker

Team Captain
Apr 5, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Melbourne Grammar vs Scotch

Tomorrow 2.30.
At Todd Road, Melbourne Grammar Port Melbourne.

The 2 founders of this great game battle off for bragging-rights.

The longest and fiercest rivalry in Australian Sport will be displayed through a high quality game of football.

See your Hawkins, Ellis', Riolis', Smiths', Sherwens', Djerkurra's all in action.

Also you will witnesses MGS get shown a football lesson by Scotch.

chooker said:
Melbourne Grammar vs Scotch

Tomorrow 2.30.
At Todd Road, Melbourne Grammar Port Melbourne.

The 2 founders of this great game battle off for bragging-rights.

The longest and fiercest rivalry in Australian Sport will be displayed through a high quality game of football.

See your Hawkins, Ellis', Riolis', Smiths', Sherwens', Djerkurra's all in action.

Also you will witnesses MGS get shown a football lesson by Scotch.
Yeh,, but what an anti climax after last weeks game. Hope you play better tomorrow Chooker.

Big win for Scotch by about 12 goals. Non contest with Scotch five goals up ten minutes into the first term. Melb Grammar never looked likely.

footyman said:
Big win for Scotch by about 12 goals. Non contest with Scotch five goals up ten minutes into the first term. Melb Grammar never looked likely.
Yeah, bit of a fizzer. MGS did well to not the game balloon out, 9 goals down at half time and ended up losing by 12 goals.

On a personal note:
Ellis: I hear he's playing through injury, got a lot of the ball, used it well but didn't dominate as i thought a #3 draft pick would
Hawkins: Absolute man mountain and isn't afraid to throw his weight around. Kick a few long goals and took some marks. Played ok, but based on the glowing reviews i've heard, i expected a bit more.

Smith: Lead by example, courageous and skillful. Is going places.
C.Rioli: Naturally beautiful to watch, great raking left foot and superb evasive skills, should be one to watch next year.
Sherwen: Keeps on getting better in my books, rangy key position player with the heart of an ox. Inspirational. Could be a smokey come draft day.
Djerkurra: Dominated, even without a left foot. Quick and robust, he's got my vote.

What did you think footyman?

chooker said:
Yeah, bit of a fizzer. MGS did well to not the game balloon out, 9 goals down at half time and ended up losing by 12 goals.

On a personal note:
Ellis: I hear he's playing through injury, got a lot of the ball, used it well but didn't dominate as i thought a #3 draft pick would
Hawkins: Absolute man mountain and isn't afraid to throw his weight around. Kick a few long goals and took some marks. Played ok, but based on the glowing reviews i've heard, i expected a bit more.

C.Rioli: Naturally beautiful to watch, great raking left foot and superb evasive skills, should be one to watch next year.
Sherwen: Keeps on getting better in my books, rangy key position player with the heart of an ox. Inspirational. Could be a smokey come draft day.
Djerkurra: Dominated, even without a left foot. Quick and robust, he's got my vote.

Did you get a kick yourself chooker?

chooker said:

On a personal note:

Spot on mate, I agree with what you've said. The comment on Hawkins is fair, he didnt dominate as much as I would have thought either, even taking into account the fact MGS weren't dominating.

Cyril Rioli has the uncanny knack of making the impossible look easy, how did he not make the APS rep. squad? I guess he's young and there are four players from Scotch in there already who all deserve their places but still it seems a bit strange.

footyman said:
Spot on mate, I agree with what you've said. The comment on Hawkins is fair, he didnt dominate as much as I would have thought either, even taking into account the fact MGS weren't dominating.

Cyril Rioli has the uncanny knack of making the impossible look easy, how did he not make the APS rep. squad? I guess he's young and there are four players from Scotch in there already who all deserve their places but still it seems a bit strange.

Footy...

Not many year 11's make the APS squad as a general rule. There have been exceptions to the case, but what we have to understand is that there are very good top agers (year 12's) int he scotch line up that deserve a gig considering they have played side-show to previous years' year 12's.

Very good player that rioli

Grammars injury plagued season certainally came unstuck (Ellis and Vance, co and vice captains played in plaster), the umpires were unfair, Mrs Eggleston grilled us in the ruck and was instrumental at each stopage, Scotch's foward pocket was overweight, Cyril's mum is a hampster and Scotch are NTTAWWTters!
Thats how I saw it (I'm from Scotch!)
23 possies until half time isn't to bad i wouldn't have thought, he didn't play last week but i'm sure that was because Melbourne Grammar dropped him, not because he was carrying a substantial injury.

johnson_26 said:
Not many year 11's make the APS squad as a general rule. There have been exceptions to the case, but what we have to understand is that there are very good top agers (year 12's) int he scotch line up that deserve a gig considering they have played side-show to previous years' year 12's.
thanks for the clarification johnno. that seems fair enough.

footyman said:

I was listening to 774 yesterday and they were interviewing Tom's dad Jack before the Cats/Saints game.

Jarrod Molloy said that Hawkins kicked 5 goals from limited opportunities. Is that true or just the media getting a bit carried away again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back