MRP / Trib. Cordy bump (how does Michael Christian still have a job?)

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
According to Sam Edmund they will be charging him essentially with bumping too hard. absolutely farcical to have gone this far and shows how inept they are currently at head office huge clear out needed

They couldnt successfully prosecute a case against a guy who was clearly guilty, so now they double down on their incompetence by prosecuting a guy who literally followed the rules.

He chose to bump and made body on body contact. There was no head contact therefore he is not responsible for what comes next.

The only times they have ever penalised someone for a "fair" bump is when they have bumped a player in to a fence or a goal/behind post. I cant think of a time ever when a body on body bump saw a penalty.

Foxman98

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They couldnt successfully prosecute a case against a guy who was clearly guilty, so now they double down on their incompetence by prosecuting a guy who literally followed the rules.

He chose to bump and made body on body contact. There was no head contact therefore he is not responsible for what comes next.

The only times they have ever penalised someone for a "fair" bump is when they have bumped a player in to a fence or a goal/behind post. I cant think of a time ever when a body on body bump saw a penalty.
All they need to do is get Christian on the stand "Michael why did you not lay any charges?" "He didn't commit an offence worthy of a sighting"

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
What an embarassment.

The AFL Tribunal finds Zaine Cordy has no case to answer for his bump on Tanner Bruhn.

No s**t.

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The tribunal dismissed this in about 30 seconds. Was this the afl's attempt to pretend to care about concussion again?

westie

All Australian
Jul 9, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Paynter Dixon Torana
I reckon all players should be fitted Bumpometers that have constant 4g connection to Head Office under constant monitoring by Scott an Christian and a random unbiased member of the general public (some geezer off the street)

Back