Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here) Part 2 "The Second Wave"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to think the same way myself, then I was reminded how far we have come in the last few decades and all the technology and research break thru's.
The World now communicate better, research is being shared, We are seeing progress in way never before envisioned.
Also is it 6 months, or are they continuing using data from years of reseach.
End of the day We either back new tech or we don't, ( bit of suprise when an old fart is telling youngsters to get with the times and embrace new tech.)
We back new tech... but we don't all adopt it until it's proven to be reliable.

Question is, who makes that call,
We cannot used old standards, to detrime what the correct time frame is,
So we have to trust Government medical officials will are better place than us Plebs,
Yes, we do need to use the existing standards. These standards have been set over a long time, in order to keep the population safe.

There is no point in having a vaccine which ends up killing more people than the disease it was meant to treat, because we didn't spend enough time testing!

Yes, we do need to use the existing standards. These standards have been set over a long time, in order to keep the population safe.

There is no point in having a vaccine which ends up killing more people than the disease it was meant to treat, because we didn't spend enough time testing!
Well I kust guess we wait and see.
Because times they are a changing

Paying tax isnt optional. If I dont own a car I cant withold tax because some of my tax dollars goes towards funding of road infrastructure.
Tell that to Kerry Packer 😉

So we have to trust Government medical officials will are better place than us Plebs,

You are too trusting. I agree entirely with Vader. The answer to "who makes the call" is very simple: it's the individual for himself, based on his own judgement and experience.
The government is free to encourage all they like, but they can't mandate. Earlier today, you may have heard the MO backtracking on Morrison's proclamation of mandating the vaccine.

Well I kust guess we wait and see.
Because times they are a changing
Times wont change, there are protocols in place to keep the general population safe.

In 2004 the Courts stepped in and stopped the use of the Anthrax Vaccine on Defence Force Personnel, it had to be proven that the vaccine was safe for the general public. I followed this many years ago because it was mandatory for all personnel to get the vaccine but after 1 or 2 shots people were progressively getting serious side effects.

Safety is paramount, everybody has the right to study the safety data, and make their choice on the track record of the company producing the product.

I used Anthrax in the above paragraph as it was rushed into circulation, there was already an Anthrax vaccine which was for ingested anthrax but not inhalation, they tweaked it in a rush and what our unexpected troops got was a horror show.

You are too trusting. I agree entirely with Vader. The answer to "who makes the call" is very simple: it's the individual for himself, based on his own judgement and experience.
The government is free to encourage all they like, but they can't mandate. Earlier today, you may have heard the MO backtracking on Morrison's proclamation of mandating the vaccine.
Na Not trusting, Just looking at the big picture based on past results
And they don't need to make it mandatory to force poeple. but there will be penlties for those that don't
Just a few thing they can do and have done in the past
They can effect government payments you recieve from them, they can force your workplace to envoke a no jab plan thru removal of tax assistant etc. They can place and increase on Medicare for those that don't
Then there is the Shops, Pub, Clubs, Entertainment venues, etc who will be force to no jab no play rule.
Lets face facts they are already controlling that space with restrictions today, A simple your OK to open fully as long as you enforce a vacine rule is not a hard push
And then if you expect to travel you will not be able to without funding a 14 day confinment at you expesce on return, and that only if the crounty your visiting let you in, there are a lot of Croutries that currently have vacination rule attached to the visa for other virus, do you think they will not add a Covid vacination to the list. Because you can granatee Australia will for anyone entering the crountry,

State to state, try traveling to the NT or Canberra, WA will push the no jab and I am sure SA and Queensland will want the visitors to be vacinated before traveling, They will not force you, all they will do is no vacine mean you have to undergo a 14 day confinment at your cost.

Poeple they have the mean inplace to force poeple to vacinate, by doing exactly what they are doing today.
Again your chioce. Personnally I travel a lot and don't want to be hold up in a 14 day confionment every time I cross a border or travel overseas.

Times wont change, there are protocols in place to keep the general population safe.

In 2004 the Courts stepped in and stopped the use of the Anthrax Vaccine on Defence Force Personnel, it had to be proven that the vaccine was safe for the general public. I followed this many years ago because it was mandatory for all personnel to get the vaccine but after 1 or 2 shots people were progressively getting serious side effects.

Safety is paramount, everybody has the right to study the safety data, and make their choice on the track record of the company producing the product.

I used Anthrax in the above paragraph as it was rushed into circulation, there was already an Anthrax vaccine which was for ingested anthrax but not inhalation, they tweaked it in a rush and what our unexpected troops got was a horror show.
But the time are changing they are fitting more research and testing into shorter periods, Due to a world wide informantion sharing, They have never had the resources and combined approach with information sharing and the ammount of Poeple undergoing the Phase 3 trial is unpresedent.

But this is an easy dicussion all we need to do is wait a few months to find out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comrade Dan caught out again.....what an absolute Klutz.

If you're going to lie through your teeth best have a good memory.

General pulls rank on Premier's quarantine claims

The commander of the Defence response to the pandemic has confirmed an ADF offer to make troops available to strengthen Victoria's hotel quarantine scheme was not taken up by the Andrews government.
Lieutenant-General John Frewen, the head of the Defence COVID-19 Taskforce, told a Senate inquiry the same support offered to NSW and Queensland to establish and maintain their hotel quarantine regimes was available to Victoria.
Breakouts from two quarantine hotels in Melbourne were identified in scientific evidence presented to the Coate inquiry on Tuesday as the source of nearly all cases in Victoria’s COVID-19 second wave, now responsible for more than 300 deaths.
Dr Charles Alpren, an epidemiologist with Victoria’s Department of Health and Human Services, told the hotel quarantine inquiry that 90 per cent of infections since late May could be traced to the Rydges on Swanston hotel.
Subsequent outbreaks at the Stamford Plaza hotel were responsible for the remainder of second-wave cases, Dr Alpren told the hearing.
General Frewen's testimony confirmed a timeline of events published last week by The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald setting out the ADF's standing offer to help with hotel quarantine from March 27, the day the national cabinet agreed to back the mandatory quarantine program.

It contradicted what Mr Andrews said last week when he told a Victorian parliamentary hearing that "ADF support was not on offer" for hotel quarantine.
Mr Andrews told the hearing that it was "fundamentally incorrect to assert that there were hundreds of ADF staff on offer and somehow, someone said no".

But the time are changing they are fitting more research and testing into shorter periods, Due to a world wide informantion sharing, They have never had the resources and combined approach with information sharing and the ammount of Poeple undergoing the Phase 3 trial is unpresedent.

But this is an easy dicussion all we need to do is wait a few months to find out.
Do you realise the shortest time taken to develop a successful vaccine, which includes proper testing?

4 years!

I'm hopeful given all the resources pumped into funding a COVID vaccine that this record will be broken, but you & some others like 1970crow thinking we are only months away from having a properly tested vaccine are living in utopia.

Comrade Dan caught out again.....what an absolute Klutz.

If you're going to lie through your teeth best have a good memory.

General pulls rank on Premier's quarantine claims
The same ADF support offer was made to all states & territories.

The BS needs to stop.

Major * ups were made & need to be owned.

Do you realise the shortest time taken to develop a successful vaccine, which includes proper testing?

4 years!

I'm hopeful given all the resources pumped into funding a COVID vaccine that this record will be broken, but you & some others like 1970crow thinking we are only months away from having a properly tested vaccine are living in utopia.

That's what the articles that I read on the oxford vaccine say. Now if you or Jen have specific knowledge on why the consistent reporting around this vaccine is wrong, I'm all ears. And, I never once used the term, "properly tested". That sounds like a backtrack. I've only ever posted the timings as contained within the articles about this single vaccine.

"Hundreds of millions of doses by end 2020" - https://theconversation.com/oxford-...ur-early-results-look-highly-promising-141558

"Could be in use by end of year" - https://www.sbs.com.au/news/oxford-...gers-strong-immune-response-human-trials-show

"Think we have a shot this year" - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...virus-vaccine-uk-russia-news-covid-19-update/

"Ready by October, Aussies early 2021" - https://www.9news.com.au/national/c...xplainer/2ed5fabe-5405-4b18-86ce-49cf9a2f92f4

4 years!

So the government is lying to us so we stay compliant. So far it’s kind of working. That’s going to get harder to maintain after New Year’s Eve I’d suggest.

4 years!

I do understand what the pervious best was, I have facted sevral of the results in, include previous time and effort that has gone into researching smiliar viruses.
But I also know that out of the 7 phase 3 trials, 2 have been approved and in production (albeit Russia and Wuhan China vaccine), While 3 others plan to finish there Phase 3 trials in the next 2 months, Phase 4 being Approval and Production
I also know that several groups are gearing up to manufacture a vaccine based on Risk Assessment information and I also know these Poeple don't jump at shadows, So I am basing my timing on factual data,
Re Australia the Oxford Vacine phase 3 wraps up on the 30th Oct 2020, with Phase 4 expect shortly there after,

What I am suprised at is how some cannot understand is that Nothing in history has match the shear volume of research, number of personnel involved, the time, effort, money, the sharing of imformation that has been put in place and the ammount of People undergoing these trials poeple from differant climates and differant county's the world at the same time with all the Data shared allow other crountries to get a jump when approval is given.
He an Idea, perviously from Phase 3 to production it has been known to take 1-2 years, today they are planning on doing it in weeks.
You do understand We are witnessing History in the making.

And yet we have various versions of no jab no play, and I don't see a ending stream of litigation,
Of vaccines that have had years of testing
Lol the medical industry is corrupt - bought out by free pens.

You do understand We are witnessing History in the making.
God Bless Australia!

That's what the articles that I read on the oxford vaccine say. Now if you or Jen have specific knowledge on why the consistent reporting around this vaccine is wrong, I'm all ears. And, I never once used the term, "properly tested". That sounds like a backtrack. I've only ever posted the timings as contained within the articles about this single vaccine.

"Hundreds of millions of doses by end 2020" - https://theconversation.com/oxford-...ur-early-results-look-highly-promising-141558

"Could be in use by end of year" - https://www.sbs.com.au/news/oxford-...gers-strong-immune-response-human-trials-show

"Think we have a shot this year" - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...virus-vaccine-uk-russia-news-covid-19-update/

"Ready by October, Aussies early 2021" - https://www.9news.com.au/national/c...xplainer/2ed5fabe-5405-4b18-86ce-49cf9a2f92f4
You are asking me why media reporting is wrong? Seriously, you are now believing everything the media sensationalises to get attention of the public? Do you believe most of the AFL media too? Of course not!

These vaccine trials are reported consistently in the media as they are chasing the $'s... & the media lap it up because it's a great story. Have you seen how many hundreds of millions governments have committed to these pharmaceutical companies in the hope of a working vaccine...

Now just take a step back into reality. For a vaccine to be released, it needs to be properly tested because it may end up causing more damage than good. Can you imagine everyone in Australia bring given a free vaccine which ends up having drastic consequences. It could be worse than the actual COVID pandemic!

Hence time is needed. The current record time to release a vaccine was 4 years for mumps. Now far more is being invested for a COVID vaccine, so I expect this record will be broken, but it's doubtful that it's only months away as that doesn't allow time for proper testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back