Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here) Part 2 "The Second Wave"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have disputed it because I know how long these things take. I have disputed it because I know that much of what we see in the media is aimed at providing hope, and not necessarily the whole story. I know that, despite all the money thrown at this you cannot buy the one thing we need to ensure long term safety data and understanding, and that is time. You do not have to be a scientist to know this. But You need an understanding and knowledge of the process required to see a compound from its very early modelling stages through to the final production that ordinarily takes ten years and a billion dollars.

a vaccine of sorts may well be produced within these time lines you say... but there is absolutely no guarantee as to it’s safety or clinical efficacy given the lack of time to ascertain the full picture.
OK I will try to explain where I am coming from. and the reason why there will be a vaccine earlier than you expect.

We are a Lucky country very lucky we have Medicare for all, Job seeker/keeper, Food resources and future grantee supplies.
All our basic needs are catered for, (Yet we still have unrest,)
Now put yourself into a country where you don’t have medical, you don’t have money, and importantly you don’t have food, that unrest can quickly turn into violence, In Western democracies that may not be a major disruption, But In developing Countries it’s likely to unleash political instability we could see Famine and regime changes,
Some Government see this and will take advantage of there neighbour’s, other use disputes with there neighbour as a way to remain in power,
The world is after Time, Time to get a vaccine developed and rolled out, so the world can work to saying Lives and Countries.
To date we have been lucky that the Virus has got a foothold into countries close to Australia. but it coming.
The virus is starting to change the political world and will continue to do so, we need to get ready for that.

So Yes while you and other are in the medical field, and seem to have knowledge of the subject of vaccines, you have tunnel vision you need to open your eyes to the bigger picture, the bigger threat, luckily some people in your field have which is the reason the research on these vaccines is unprecedented in history. Yes unprecedented in history. and that the one thing you are missing,

So forgive me if I don’t always follow the old belief that a vaccine takes years to develop when I fully understand the importance on getting it done, along with how much money time and effort is being placed on getting a vaccine available.
And because I have to do the research in other areas and I understand the need for a vaccine to be developed and rolled out. And the need for a quick roll-out, not a delayed one just because that how it was down in the past.
Don’t make a judgement on being lucky to live in a western democratic world, as we need to get back in the game to help others and the quicker that happens the better for us all. and that means working on speeding up the process, while still ensure a safe vaccine.

We need to look further than our Borders on this issue,

Yea Staving there were some reports earlier that predicted Famines, And recently reports of Coronavirus era Famine, affecting some countries,
While the following article is not proof they do highlight that there is more issue related to COVID than a few belief.
People have been starving in Africa and parts of Asia for decades

People have been starving in Africa and parts of Asia for decades
Yes, they have been able to get help from other countries, COVID is stopping that help, the money not there to help Other Counties that have helped in the past are holding there grain and other food supplies, Which is why they are calling COVID era Famine,
And that only in one area,

Trump might actually have Covid but he might also be trying to avoid the fallout of the last debate and avoid the next one. He isn't exactly known for his honesty.

He really doesn’t want to do another debate, does he? 🤣

Doubtful, he’d genuinely believe that he won that debate. He’s that obnoxious and delusional. And the yestards that he surrounds himself with wouldn’t bother trying to tell him different. Just bank the cash for as long as you can handle it, then when you can do no longer, speak your mind and, “you’re fired”.

Doubtful, he’d genuinely believe that he won that debate. He’s that obnoxious and delusional. And the yestards that he surrounds himself with wouldn’t bother trying to tell him different. Just bank the cash for as long as you can handle it, then when you can do no longer, speak your mind and, “you’re fired”.

You can tell by his bluster that part of him knows he didn't win it.

Trump is great at accusing others of what he is guilty of. So him saying Biden was weak in the debate was his instinctive response to that small part of his brain that realizes how weak he was. It was the same reason he accused Biden of taking performance enhancers for the debate, because it's long been unofficially known that Trump is on aderall.

The instinctive lying has always been part of his game, but he has been doing it so long that he now almost instantly internalizes the lie. But until that internalization process happens there's that small glimmer of knowledge of reality that he has to beat back into the dark recesses of his mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man imagine if Jenny is right and we are getting nuked. That would be so 2020.

Why do you think I got out of Alice Springs. No strategic targets down Pt MacDonnell way. We can reef and beef down here for generations. I just hope there’s a potato farm somewhere, I don’t want to live without chips.

s-media-cache-ak0-pinimg-com-f0f3c8bdaf742f49054742a6a09c5e1a-jpg.560413

FMD i just saw the footage of St Kilda beach today

The place was a haven for morons even in normal times but that was another level

Tbh I've never understood the appeal of a crowded beach anyway -

Agree, I've never understood it. Beaches are for water sports that require waves or eating and/or drinking near. The fascination with laying on a towel on sand completely escapes me.

Last edited:
Pretty sure they said similar about Boris and he came close. Even if there is a cautionary element, I don't think you go to hospital without a decent deterioration.
They say it's between a 5% & 12% chance of death for someone Trump's age & given he is not the healthiest specimen, I expect he would be around the 10% risk range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back