Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here) Part 2 "The Second Wave"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly we are still two years away. Denial will have slunk off by them when the real damage he has caused starts to become obvious and he realises that he has no hope of re-election.
Even Titus now...

Sadly we are still two years away. Denial will have slunk off by them when the real damage he has caused starts to become obvious and he realises that he has no hope of re-election.
I have been lucky enough to remain employed, moving from 3 days a week to 4 and then back to 5 as the rest of Aus came back online so I can’t complain like the thousands now on welfare payments. Working from home sine March and having kids “remote learn“ has been a massive challenge but we copped it. To get the news today that we have to further wait after dipping below the rolling average set is flat out crushing. How the hell Brett Sutton and Andrews still have a gig is beyond me. 2020 can GAGF.

From memory the AstraZeneca one was re-started a fair bit earlier in UK and elsewhere. ad victoriam is the local research expert on vaccines, he'll know.
That was the FDA in the US, In other Countries, AstraZeneca was resumed in Sept, The Astra Zeneca is still expect to be given approval for production befroe the years end,
Also the Johnston and Johnston had only recently start Phase 3 they are Behind Moderna who along with Pfizer, Plan to be in production with full aproval by years end, Note Pfizer are on record in stating they will be producing 100mill doses by the end of the year.

However the latest problem is the life of vacinnes from production to use with a few off them is only 5-10 days,

Guy and Girls
The reason the trial AstraZeneca and Oxford University was not halted in most Countries due to the death of a volunteer from the Brazil group, was due to they were in the Placebo group.
While this did delay the decision by the FDA (USA) it did not halt it, it was an investigation from Sept that halt the trial when a US person became sick while involved in the trial,

Not of these delays have slowed down the proposed approval dates,
And further to that there are a couple of more Vancinne closer to the approval stage.

Guy and Girls
The reason the trial AstraZeneca and Oxford University was not halted in most Countries due to the death of a volunteer from the Brazil group, was due to they were in the Placebo group.
While this did delay the decision by the FDA (USA) it did not halt it, it was an investigation from Sept that halt the trial when a US person became sick while involved in the trial,

Not of these delays have slowed down the proposed approval dates,
And further to that there are a couple of more Vancinne closer to the approval stage.
And I’ll say again... do you understand what double blind tests are? And to your knowledge are these not double blind tests?

And I’ll say again... do you understand what double blind tests are? And to your knowledge are these not double blind tests?
What has Double-blind test got to do with it and yes I do understand the reasoning,
All I am saying is the Information I have is the person in the Brazilian was in the placebo group and die from Covid 19.
But more importantly, the trial has continued and the expected approvals on several Vaccines are expected before the year finishes.

I will also let you in on something most have missed, the Chinese, Russian, and Iran militaries are currently receiving a vaccine, Idia is planning on giving there military the Russian Vaccine first,
The US and some Wester nations are pushing for a vaccine for their military to counter including Australia.

What has Double-blind test got to do with it and yes I do understand the reasoning,
All I am saying is the Information I have is the person in the Brazilian was in the placebo group and die from Covid 19.
But more importantly, the trial has continued and the expected approvals on several Vaccines are expected before the year finishes.

I will also let you in on something most have missed, the Chinese, Russian, and Iran militaries are currently receiving a vaccine, Idia is planning on giving there military the Russian Vaccine first,
The US and some Wester nations are pushing for a vaccine for their military to counter including Australia.
And my father was used as a guinea pig by the Australian government when they tested the atom bomb off Montebello Islands ... and subsequently died at age 63 like many of his fellow sailors, and passed on blood disorders to three of his four children. I don’t care what Russia and China are doing. It won’t be safe. Also...

Promise to roll back restrictions when case average falls below 5

Average falls below 5. Restrictions not eased.

Classic
Absolute control is hard to hand back just ask the likes of Idi Amin, Augusto Pinochet, Fidel Castro etc. 😜

And my father was used as a guinea pig by the Australian government when they tested the atom bomb off Montebello Islands ... and subsequently died at age 63 like many of his fellow sailors, and passed on blood disorders to three of his four children. I don’t care what Russia and China are doing. It won’t be safe. Also...

A lot of Army and national service members were exposed to Maralinga as well, A large percentage were from South Australia, they were the cleanup crews.
Also suggest you lookup tafenoquine drug trial Australia military. and check the dates, but more importantly check out the reason why.

End of the Day Astra Zenata is still on target to gain Approval before the year's end, along with 2 from the US Modena and Pfizer, JJ may be delayed but was always planned for a 2021 approval date along with the Queensland Un vaccines.

At this time Roll out will be the biggest delay. not approval, and to be honest it does not matter what you and I believe,
The Reported Facts are pointing to a least 3 western vaccine getting approved for use before year-end.

There's no doubt that leaders see votes in being strong by imposing 'protections'. Look at WA, still closed off. Look at us, why can't we dance and drink at a wedding. The next election in every state will be about covid protection. "Who made the hard decisions to protect you all from covid". Not sure recent ACT election as I took no notice except for result, but incumbent in NT election ran on nothing else.
It’s a strong theme in Qld to. Opposition are avoiding it like the plague. 🤣
Anastasia is pretty much saying she put it all on the line to keep everyone safe from cv19. But they are both pork barreling their little hearts out now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Promise to roll back restrictions when case average falls below 5

Average falls below 5. Restrictions not eased.

Classic
Andrews appears to be in a COVID coma.

If community infections are under control, he needs to start easing restrictions.

I have been lucky enough to remain employed, moving from 3 days a week to 4 and then back to 5 as the rest of Aus came back online so I can’t complain like the thousands now on welfare payments. Working from home sine March and having kids “remote learn“ has been a massive challenge but we copped it. To get the news today that we have to further wait after dipping below the rolling average set is flat out crushing. How the hell Brett Sutton and Andrews still have a gig is beyond me. 2020 can GAGF.
Probably because if people went outside and protested the police would whack em with a $4000 fine which is Australia’s version of a rubber bullet.

What does it say to you when China, Russia, USA etc vaccinate their military first?

No offense but. WTF were you thinking 🤔🤣
Got to change companies to who I wanted to work for for a long time and do a role more suited to me.
Plus partner had to get a job. Hard to get a job as an engineer in northern NSW given that job was winding down.
Not ideal for first couple of months but am hoping things improve now.
We are in Saint Kilda by the beach and can go to Albert Park lake within 5 minutes jog so it's not that bad.

If only these epidemiologists would listen to the political experts. If common sense gets loose in Victoria who knows where we end up.

The Age "Professor says Victoria must be able to manage outbreaks without lockdowns by Henrietta Cook

Deakin University's chair of epidemiology, Professor Catherine Bennett, said Victoria needed to be able to manage outbreaks without lockdowns.
She said the Premier’s decision to delay his announcement about the next stage of Melbourne’s reopening raised concerns about Victoria’s ability to stamp out outbreaks.
"My concern is that most of these cases are linked to a known Melbourne outbreak," she said.
"We should be able to manage this regardless of whether we are open or not. Part of this spread could in fact be due to the challenge of getting complex information to families in a way that allows them to do the right thing.
"We need a clear explanation about why the system can't cope and why we aren't opening."
She said the lengthy lockdown was having an untold impact on people's mental health and livelihood.

What does it say to you when China, Russia, USA etc vaccinate their military first?

Russian and Iran because there a potential dispute with Turkey and Syria insurgents brewing over the Nagorno-Karabakh border, ( Armenia and Azerbaijan) at this time it not looking Good with Russia supporting Christian Armenia while Turkey is supporting Muslim Azerbarjain, Iran is torn as it supports Azerbarjain but does not want Syrian jihadist groups next to there to border so have ramped up their presence on the border
Russia siding with India along with China border dispute with India which is getting Hot, Also there is a diplomatic border issue starting on the small Russian Chinese Border, and some Hig ranking Chinese officials are Laying Claims to large parts of the border including Vladivostok.
Plus the Large Build up around the Taiwan straight and its believed that this is the perfect time to invade Tawain while the western world is distracted.
The USA has not started to mass vaccinate their troops and may find it hard to vaccinate there troop before the rest of the US,

A lot of Army and national service members were exposed to Maralinga as well, A large percentage were from South Australia, they were the cleanup crews.
Also suggest you lookup tafenoquine drug trial Australia military. and check the dates, but more importantly check out the reason why.

End of the Day Astra Zenata is still on target to gain Approval before the year's end, along with 2 from the US Modena and Pfizer, JJ may be delayed but was always planned for a 2021 approval date along with the Queensland Un vaccines.

At this time Roll out will be the biggest delay. not approval, and to be honest it does not matter what you and I believe,
The Reported Facts are pointing to a least 3 western vaccine getting approved for use before year-end.
And I still say, that’s not going to happen.

Andrews appears to be in a COVID coma.

If community infections are under control, he needs to start easing restrictions.
I reckon he’d be terrified of it going off like a frog in a blender again. Last time they tried to “ease” restrictions, everyone started behaving like it was all over. They can’t afford to have that again. I don’t envy anyone in the position of deciding the best way to keep folk safe

I reckon he’d be terrified of it going off like a frog in a blender again. Last time they tried to “ease” restrictions, everyone started behaving like it was all over. They can’t afford to have that again. I don’t envy anyone in the position of deciding the best way to keep folk safe

A vaccine could be years away! There is no way we can stay in lockdown till one arrives. And neither can we stay in lockdown until there is world wide elimination because that could be years away too. There is no alternative to emerging from lock down knowing that there is the risk of further outbreaks - just as NZ did, and experienced.

If Victoria refuses to develop any other response than State-wide lockdown each time, we will be in for a hell of ride, and we will see a lot of Victorians simply move to States where the Premiers can walk and chew gum at the same time.

And yes I agree with you: Denial clearly scared witless into analysis paralysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back