Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here) Part 2 "The Second Wave"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Astra Zeneca trail was all ready Halted In the US, due to the Sept issue, the Death of a Bazialian Volunteer did not create a Halt, even in Brazil, reason why has been published,
The Halt in the US has not affected the Trial as they had enough Voulateers already vaccinated prior in the USA to appease the FDA once the data has been finalized, due I believe at end of the month phase 3 trail wrap up and the data assessment and requests for approval start,
as you should know the monitoring still continues, it will not stop until late next year,
The latest problems they are facing and struggling to get is the life of the vaccine once prepared, at this time the Protein base vaccine have a life of 5-10 days, again as I have mention roll out is the biggest hurdle at this time.
And sorry to say it will be a Risk vs Reward decision, more with the latest developments, they are now talking Millions of death if a vaccine is not in play by the middle of 2021, to be honest, the data I am seeing I would be very scared if they don't have one by winter 2021 in Australia,
Every week the data for not getting a vaccine quickly is changing and not for the best.

Don't worry providing jenny61_99 with actual information, she's belief based. It's too late for her, she's already made her mind up despite not having actually researched.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Like replying to my 1 post 3 times!

All I said was they did temporarily stop the trial due to concerns... which is usual for vaccine development.

This is a 100% correct fact.

I gather you are going to be in for a tough day tomorrow when you sober up! ;)

Oh my. You're now dialling back to halting due to "concerns". That's very vague and in no way counteracts my posts. I've been very specific. You and your idiot mates have been so wrong. It's this simple. There have been 2 events. The first over a month ago with some chick getting crook that halted the trial. The US has not reconvened but all other jurisdictions of that trial have. The other, literally a few days ago, had a Brazilian doctor die whilst being part of a trial. This guy received the PLACEBO, he was part of the CONTROL. Jen said that even though a control subject got crook, an entire program MUST be halted JFD. And despite not looking into the specifics, you rolled in supporting Jen because it aligned with your anti vaccination view. Whether you failed to read the context or the specificity of the discussion, I'm not sure. But here is a simple fact;

THE TRIAL WAS NOT HALTED BECAUSE A CONTROL SUBJECT DIED A FEW DAYS AGO. Despite what Jen believes.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Halt as in stop while they investigate. It absolutely did halt while they investigated. How reckless would it be if they didn’t? Seriously, you need to get a clue.
Volunteer in AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine trial dies in Brazil
Clinical trials for the drugmaker's vaccine remain on hold in the United States.

What do you think "remain" means in the English language? Just stop, you're wrong.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
🤣

1603624344164.png

Oh my. You're now dialling back to halting due to "concerns". That's very vague and in no way counteracts my posts. I've been very specific. You and your idiot mates have been so wrong. It's this simple. There have been 2 events. The first over a month ago with some chick getting crook that halted the trial. The US has not reconvened but all other jurisdictions of that trial have. The other, literally a few days ago, had a Brazilian doctor die whilst being part of a trial. This guy received the PLACEBO, he was part of the CONTROL. Jen said that even though a control subject got crook, an entire program MUST be halted JFD. And despite not looking into the specifics, you rolled in supporting Jen because it aligned with your anti vaccination view. Whether you failed to read the context or the specificity of the discussion, I'm not sure. But here is a simple fact;

THE TRIAL WAS NOT HALTED BECAUSE A CONTROL SUBJECT DIED A FEW DAYS AGO. Despite what Jen believes.
Interesting that a Federal Minister said tonight that it would be 9-12 months at best before Australia can start producing the COVID vaccine.

Some of us get sucked into following the media stories every other day that a workable vaccine is close... as they chase our attention in a pandemic.

Those who have any clue about vaccines know they take time to develop.

Funny how you still haven't answered the time taken to develop the quickest vaccine.

You can huff & bluff all you want... but time will tell who has a realistic grasp as to the time needed to develop a vaccine.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Don't worry providing jenny61_99 with actual information, she's belief based. It's too late for her, she's already made her mind up despite not having actually researched.
A whole Sunday spent on this and all I’d suggested was that they can’t really stop a vaccine trial because once you’ve been inoculated they can’t un-inoculate you. That side of it continues. They can halt giving it to more people but the trial continues for those already in it. Which may be enough for a result depending on when it happens and what’s required.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Too far gone and too decentralised.
The Barely United States are left to roll with it now.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Too far gone and too decentralised.
The Barely United States are left to roll with it now.

And if only they had done what Australia and New Zealand had done.

Same goes for Europe. Opened up far too early.

fortunatecrow

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Age today:

"Northern suburbs family hits out at DHHS saying it was cleared before seeding a cluster by Sumeyya Ilanbey

The family at the centre of a Melbourne northern suburbs coronavirus cluster says the Department of Health and Human Services cleared them to leave their homes two days before one of their children unwittingly attended school while infectious, and did not expressly warn that the young boy should remain in isolation."

So: don't learn from past mistakes, fail to communicate effectively, engage in racist dog-whistling to blame the family, then rock forwards and back in the foetal position & extend the lockdown

Interesting that a Federal Minister said tonight that it would be 9-12 months at best before Australia can start producing the COVID vaccine.

Some of us get sucked into following the media stories every other day that a workable vaccine is close... as they chase our attention in a pandemic.

Those who have any clue about vaccines know they take time to develop.

Funny how you still haven't answered the time taken to develop the quickest vaccine.

You can huff & bluff all you want... but time will tell who has a realistic grasp as to the time needed to develop a vaccine.
Exactly. Its not we have found a vaccine and done. Its all the protocols involved that take the time.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
And if only they had done what Australia and New Zealand had done.

Same goes for Europe. Opened up far too early.

Locking down costs an enormous amount of money. Theoretically the US are better positioned to us but I think it just spread too fast in their densely populated areas and the community transmions came very early. We had virtually no com trans in the first wave of returning travellers.
Europe got invaded first so couldn’t react before it was away.
The other thing is Australia is probably the most nanny state country on earth and really well run. Which at times is stiflingly claustrophobic but certainly helps. China even more controlled was able to screw people’s doors closed so they used their iron fist approach.

A fair bit of luck of the draw on this one. When it arrived and how controlling governments are.

Locking down costs an enormous amount of money. Theoretically the US are better positioned to us but I think it just spread too fast in their densely populated areas and the community transmions came very early. We had virtually no com trans in the first wave of returning travellers.
Europe got invaded first so couldn’t react before it was away.
The other thing is Australia is probably the most nanny state country on earth and really well run. Which at times is stiflingly claustrophobic but certainly helps. China even more controlled was able to screw people’s doors closed so they used their iron fist approach.

A fair bit of luck of the draw on this one. When it arrived and how controlling governments are.
US are better positioned than us? 230,000 DEAD and rising.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
US are better positioned than us? 230,000 DEAD and rising.
I said it costs a lot.
US GDP /person $65K per annum
Aust GDP/person $55K per annum
Financially stronger than Australia.
The dogs been off the chain way too long now though and probably can do little. Also they are a far more civil libertarian country so you can’t lock em down now either without armed conflict.

I said it costs a lot.
US GDP /person $65K per annum
Aust GDP/person $55K per annum
Financially stronger than Australia.
What are these numbers based on?

How have you valued the cost of a human life?

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
What are these numbers based on?

How have you valued the cost of a human life?
It’s their capacity to spend on a lockdown where they need to do job keeper jobseeker type payments. They chose not to so now they are paying a different way in lives.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
The Age today:

"Northern suburbs family hits out at DHHS saying it was cleared before seeding a cluster by Sumeyya Ilanbey

The family at the centre of a Melbourne northern suburbs coronavirus cluster says the Department of Health and Human Services cleared them to leave their homes two days before one of their children unwittingly attended school while infectious, and did not expressly warn that the young boy should remain in isolation."

So: don't learn from past mistakes, fail to communicate effectively, engage in racist dog-whistling to blame the family, then rock forwards and back in the foetal position & extend the lockdown
Yet another blunder to join the conga line of mistakes and misteps by Comrade Dan's Administration...

Yet another blunder to join the conga line of mistakes and misteps by Comrade Dan's Administration...
I don't think they'll survive the next election. As much as I think they recovered well AFTER their monumental cockup in quarantine... I just think his inaction now (scared to reopen) is going to cost him in the long run.

It’s their capacity to spend on a lockdown where they need to do job keeper jobseeker type payments. They chose not to so now they are paying a different way in lives.
And the poor get poorer. There are going to be MANY MORE who don't qualify for ANY payments whatsoever in the US. It's going to get FUGLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back